20-4A after 4 district games who ya got?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PN-G
Lumberton
NED

Toss up from here... but I would catagorize them as...

Central
LC-M
Vidor
Ozen
Livingston..

The Top 3 I think will end up that way... the bottom will be who has the least mistakes and capitalizes on mistakes better .... it could be a hard long road for a young team as Vidor...

>PNG at the top. Impressive against Crosby. Crosby did little until the 4th Q at 31-0 when PNG was playing off and subbing backups. GP beat perinial power CC Callalen
 last night giving up only 8 points! A heart breaking 1 point loss to a very good team aint bad. Could easily be 2-0 against two teams that combined for 20 wins last year.
>LCM defense gave up big numbers to a bad Nacogdoches team, but the offense dug em out. Not gonna happen every week in 20-4A.
>Central has played two good 5A teams, but 93 points for a team that hangs its hat on defense?? The loss of Hale and the other LB may be more than most figured.
  Also 7 points total on offense. Ouch.
>Nederland should be better when and if Forney comes back, but the lines are still suspect.
>Lumberton started out 4-0 last year and beat better teams last year in BH and (JJ)Silsbee, then struggled in 20-4A.
>Livingston pounded on Jasper, but see Lumberton week 0. Looks like Jasper is in trouble this year.
>Vidor played well against Tx High (but THS had not seen that type of offense before), BC pasted the pirates. Nuff said.
>Ozen we will find out more this evening. Intriguing team. Lots of speed.

I wouldn't call Nacogodoches bad, but there is definately no excuse for LCM's defense giving up 53 (although they did score 2x defensively).  LCM's defense is not nearly as well conditioned as they were last year, they weren't giving any effort in the second half.

That being said, LCM-Lumberton in Week 3 should be a huge game.

After 2:
1. PNG - Barely lost to one district champ, smashed another
2. Lumberton - Should get their first real test against Silsbee next week, then we'll see if I'm an idiot or not
3. Nederland - Sure WO-S killed them in week 0, but that didn't affect them the last two years.
4. Livingston - Not much to go on, Jasper obviously is struggling early
5. Ozen - West Brook is REALLY GOOD, and so far they are holding on against PAM
6. Vidor - Maybe Matt Menard is just that good
7. Central - I'm going on what I've seen, which is two massive butt whoopings.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="839256" timestamp="1283645837"]
If Lumberton or LC-M opens with PA Memorial then West Brook, both those teams would also be 0 and 2.
Central will be a better team for playing better competition.
[/quote]
It's not the losses to WB and PAM that has folks scratching their heads and doubting Central, it's the magnatude of the losses.

Hey Bears Bear, did you forget about your Bears in that assesment?
You can sugar coat it all you want, but Nacogdoches is a bad team (3-7 and 0-5) last year. I still think LCM will be top 4 in 20 4A.

PN-G
Lumberton
LC-M
Nederland

Still early, if Ned. can get consistent Q.B. play then I think they move up.
Need to see if LC-M'S defense can be stronger
Too early to call on Livingston after just 1 game

This can certainly all change after a couple of more games--that's what makes this fun!!

i like png this year they played a good gregory portland team very well, and i really havent seen anyone that can beat them. Lcm is a much better team if anyone is goin to knock png off it would be the battlin bears. They played png tough last year, so i got png but look out for lcm or maybe even a Nederland team that coach newman will have playing hard. District 20-4a is top heavy but very weak at the bottom

[quote name="badndn" post="839062" timestamp="1283634428"]
>PNG at the top. Impressive against Crosby. Crosby did little until the 4th Q at 31-0 when PNG was playing off and subbing backups. GP beat perinial power CC Callalen
 last night giving up only 8 points! A heart breaking 1 point loss to a very good team aint bad. Could easily be 2-0 against two teams that combined for 20 wins last year.
>LCM defense gave up big numbers to a bad Nacogdoches team, but the offense dug em out. Not gonna happen every week in 20-4A.
>Central has played two good 5A teams, but 93 points for a team that hangs its hat on defense?? The loss of Hale and the other LB may be more than most figured.
  Also 7 points total on offense. Ouch.
>Nederland should be better when and if Forney comes back, but the lines are still suspect.
>Lumberton started out 4-0 last year and beat better teams last year in BH and (JJ)Silsbee, then struggled in 20-4A.
>Livingston pounded on Jasper, but see Lumberton week 0. Looks like Jasper is in trouble this year.
>Vidor played well against Tx High (but THS had not seen that type of offense before), BC pasted the pirates. Nuff said.
>Ozen we will find out more this evening. Intriguing team. Lots of speed.
[/quote]

Dude...watch Nederland before you make that prediction...the lines (particularly the o-line) has been one of the strong points in this young season

Nederland and Central will both pull away from the bottom of the pack. PNG Nederland and Central should be at the top. Not sure about Ozen. LCM wil score but will also give up a bunch. Lumberton has to play someone who is of a better caliber so we can get a better feel for them. Vidor is most likely to be at the bottom. Livingston is probably going to be on the lower end of the scale.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder