20-4A after 4 district games who ya got?

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="839256" timestamp="1283645837"]
If Lumberton or LC-M opens with PA Memorial then West Brook, both those teams would also be 0 and 2.
Central will be a better team for playing better competition.
[/quote]

But would they have lost by a combined score of 93-7?  Probably not.  From WHAT I'VE SEEN SO FAR, Central has not been very good.
Last year WB beat them by 6, this year by 48.  It would stand to reason that they have not started out very well...

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="839736" timestamp="1283695476"]
Nederland and Central will both pull away from the bottom of the pack. PNG Nederland and Central should be at the top. Not sure about Ozen. LCM wil score but will also give up a bunch. Lumberton has to play someone who is of a better caliber so we can get a better feel for them. Vidor is most likely to be at the bottom. Livingston is probably going to be on the lower end of the scale.
[/quote]YEP!!!!

[quote name="A Bear's Bear" post="839738" timestamp="1283695735"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=72455.msg839256#msg839256 date=1283645837]
If Lumberton or LC-M opens with PA Memorial then West Brook, both those teams would also be 0 and 2.
[/quote]

But would they have lost by a combined score of 93-7?  Probably not.  From WHAT I'VE SEEN SO FAR, Central has not been very good.
Last year WB beat them by 6, this year by 48.  It would stand to reason that they have not started out very well...
[/quote]

You could put Lumberton and LC-M together and they would still be ran out of the stadium by West Brook and PA Memorial! Ozen and Central will be in the mix in this district and both will probably make the playoffs.

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="839736" timestamp="1283695476"]
Nederland and Central will both pull away from the bottom of the pack. PNG Nederland and Central should be at the top. Not sure about Ozen. LCM wil score but will also give up a bunch. Lumberton has to play someone who is of a better caliber so we can get a better feel for them. Vidor is most likely to be at the bottom. [color=red]Livingston is probably going to be on the lower end of the scale.[/color][/quote]

In case some of you so called football savy experts have forgotten what happened the last time the Livingston Lions visited the big bad reservation here is a reminder http://www.polkcountytoday.com/lions101008.html

jackhammer I dont know what you are smoking but the Livingston Lions aint on the low end of any scale. The Lions were rebuilding last year and still almost made the playoffs so consider them rebuilt and Chevoski Collins will be leaving his foot prints all over you injuns,bears,bulldogs, and whoever else gets in his way!!!!

1. Port Neches-Groves Indians
2. Lumberton Raiders
3. Nederland Bulldogs
4. Little Cypress-Mauriceville Bears
5. Beaumont Ozen Panthers
6. Vidor Pirates
7. Beaumont Central Jaguars
8. Livingston Lions

This is VERY tentative. The only spot I feel confident about is #1 (;D). Vidor and Ozen have both greatly surprised me, and Lumberton seems to be tearing up the preseason. Nederland was off to a rocky start against WO-S, but the Mustangs are always good (look at their game against Friendswood) and I expect the Bulldogs to improve as their replacement QB gets acclimated. LC-M has improved, as I expected they would, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were actually in the #3 spot at the end of district play. I have Livingston listed as eighth because I honestly don't know much about them and I need to see more preseason information before I decide to move them up in my own personal ranking.

BMTSoulja1, what's going on with the Jags? I know y'all are better than the scores indicate, and the poor performances against WB and PAM are the only reason I have y'all listed so low. What's the deal?

[quote name="PN-G bandkid" post="839884" timestamp="1283709346"]
2. Lumberton Raiders
3. Nederland Bulldogs
4. Little-Cypress Mauriceville Bears
6. Vidor Pirates
8. Livingston Lions

This is VERY tentative. The only spot I feel confident about is #1 (;D). Vidor and Ozen have both greatly surprised me, and Lumberton seems to be tearing up the preseason. Nederland was off to a rocky start against WO-S, but the Mustangs are always good (look at their game against Friendswood) and I expect the Bulldogs to improve as their replacement QB gets acclimated. LC-M has improved, as I expected they would, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were actually in the #3 spot at the end of district play. I have Livingston listed as eighth because I honestly don't know much about them and I need to see more preseason information before I decide to move them up in my own personal ranking.

BMTSoulja1, what's going on with the Jags? I know y'all are better than the scores indicate, and the poor performances against WB and PAM are the only reason I have y'all listed so low. What's the deal?
[/quote]Hard to tell.  If we are just not that good or PAM and Brook is that good.  I'm going to say that our two 5a schools are the real deal.  You've seen Memorial in that scrimmage.  You saw how they moved the ball up and down the field and had yall on many 3 and outs...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="839897" timestamp="1283710503"]
[quote author=PN-G bandkid link=topic=72455.msg839884#msg839884 date=1283709346]
2. Lumberton Raiders
3. Nederland Bulldogs
6. Vidor Pirates
8. Livingston Lions

[/quote]Hard to tell.  If we are just not that good or PAM and Brook is that good.  I'm going to say that our two 5a schools are the real deal.  You've seen Memorial in that scrimmage.  You saw how they moved the ball up and down the field and had yall on many 3 and outs...
[/quote]

I unfortunately couldn't attend the scrimmage between PN-G and Memorial.

West Brook and Memorial are both going to be good 5A teams this year, but Ozen performed better than Central in their games against them. Is Ozen just better these days?

[quote name="PN-G bandkid" post="839906" timestamp="1283710906"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=72455.msg839897#msg839897 date=1283710503]
[quote author=PN-G bandkid link=topic=72455.msg839884#msg839884 date=1283709346]
2. Lumberton Raiders
3. Nederland Bulldogs
6. Vidor Pirates
8. Livingston Lions

[/quote]

West Brook and Memorial are both going to be good 5A teams this year, but Ozen performed better than Central in their games against them. Is Ozen just better these days?
[/quote]I havn't seen Ozen play yet, but I have a good friend who is an unbiased contact (a Brook fan).  From what he is telling me, Ozen have blazing speed all over the field.  And David Green III is really good at QB.  At this point, I think that Ozen is further along than us.  And if we don't get it together, Ozen will beat us in our district game...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="839909" timestamp="1283711121"]
[quote author=PN-G bandkid link=topic=72455.msg839906#msg839906 date=1283710906]
2. Lumberton Raiders
3. Nederland Bulldogs
6. Vidor Pirates
8. Livingston Lions

[/quote]

[/quote]I havn't seen Ozen play yet, but I have a good friend who is an unbiased contact (a Brook fan).  From what he is telling me, Ozen have blazing speed all over the field.  And David Green III is really good at QB.  At this point, I think that Ozen is further along than us.  And if we don't get it together, Ozen will beat us in our district game...
[/quote]

Well, maybe I need to reevaluate my rankings.

[quote name="A Bear's Bear" post="839213" timestamp="1283644132"]
I wouldn't call Nacogodoches bad, but there is definately no excuse for LCM's defense giving up 53 (although they did score 2x defensively).  LCM's defense is not nearly as well conditioned as they were last year, they weren't giving any effort in the second half.

That being said, LCM-Lumberton in Week 3 should be a huge game.

After 2:
1. PNG - Barely lost to one district champ, smashed another
2. Lumberton - Should get their first real test against Silsbee next week, then we'll see if I'm an idiot or not
3. Nederland - Sure WO-S killed them in week 0, but that didn't affect them the last two years.
4. Livingston - Not much to go on, Jasper obviously is struggling early
5. Ozen - West Brook is REALLY GOOD, and so far they are holding on against PAM
6. Vidor - Maybe Matt Menard is just that good
7. Central - I'm going on what I've seen, which is two massive butt whoopings.
[/quote]
So where's your own team in this mix? Are you undecided until the Lumberton game?

[quote name="PN-G bandkid" post="839912" timestamp="1283711356"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=72455.msg839909#msg839909 date=1283711121]
[quote author=PN-G bandkid link=topic=72455.msg839906#msg839906 date=1283710906]
2. Lumberton Raiders
3. Nederland Bulldogs
6. Vidor Pirates
8. Livingston Lions

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, maybe I need to reevaluate my rankings.
[/quote]My contact also said that our O and D lines are much bigger than Ozen's.  Also said that both teams have problems blocking on offense and getting penetration on Defense.  May work in our favor since our lines are bigger.  Plus, Ozen don't have a home run hitter in the backfield like we do, but they make up for that shortcomming with a dangerous air attack.  And Brook just exploited that our secondary is not very good as well.  Or is it that Brook's Passing game is very good.  A lot of questions.  And you know different teams match up differently against other teams.  

[quote name="Yeoj" post="839750" timestamp="1283696922"]
[quote author=A Bear's Bear link=topic=72455.msg839738#msg839738 date=1283695735]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=72455.msg839256#msg839256 date=1283645837]
[/quote]

[/quote]

You could put Lumberton and LC-M together and they would still be ran out of the stadium by West Brook and PA Memorial! Ozen and Central will be in the mix in this district and both will probably make the playoffs.
[/quote]Yeoj, I'm not saying either team would beat WB or PAM, BUT, neither of us would be run out of the stadium. I think Ozen may be a surprise this year and I'm starting to think this just won't be Centrals' year.

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="839919" timestamp="1283711865"]
[quote author=Yeoj link=topic=72455.msg839750#msg839750 date=1283696922]
[quote author=A Bear's Bear link=topic=72455.msg839738#msg839738 date=1283695735]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Yeoj, I'm not saying either team would beat WB or PAM, BUT, neither of us would be run out of the stadium. I think Ozen may be a surprise this year and I'm starting to think this just won't be Centrals' year.
[/quote]A lot of season left.  We have a bye week...  Last year, there was a lot of changes that were made during the bye week.  I see that happening again.  We may have played the two toughest games on our schedule.  With that being said, we have some nice weapons on offense and if utilized correctly, we'll be back where we need to be.  It's all about how you finish and making the playoffs. 

[quote name="Lionfan" post="839834" timestamp="1283705548"]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=72455.msg839736#msg839736 date=1283695476]
Nederland and Central will both pull away from the bottom of the pack. PNG Nederland and Central should be at the top. Not sure about Ozen. LCM wil score but will also give up a bunch. Lumberton has to play someone who is of a better caliber so we can get a better feel for them. Vidor is most likely to be at the bottom. [color=red]Livingston is probably going to be on the lower end of the scale.[/color][/quote]

In case some of you so called football savy experts have forgotten what happened the last time the Livingston Lions visited the big bad reservation here is a reminder http://www.polkcountytoday.com/lions101008.html

jackhammer I dont know what you are smoking but the Livingston Lions aint on the low end of any scale. The Lions were rebuilding last year and still almost made the playoffs so consider them rebuilt and Chevoski Collins will be leaving his foot prints all over you injuns,bears,bulldogs, and whoever else gets in his way!!!!
[/quote]

C'mon Lionfan,  that's the same garbage you were spewing about "QUINTON JACKSON!" last year.  You flapped your gums all the way up to game time, then you went AWOL!  Might want to see how they do for a while before you let history repeat itself!

Ozen's the real deal.:o And they are young too. The qb is just a junior and could be the most athletic qb in the district. Can pass and scramble VERY well. Loaded with speed at skill positions. Only problem is backfield. Lacking that running threat to help set up passing game. They'll get that right though. This team is a darkhorse in the district. They are primed to get back to their tradition of success.

I stand by my top 4.  Central and Ozen are better than what the scores and/or results indicate.  If any of the other 20 4a teams played against either school the scores would have been just as bad if not worse.

Not saying this matters, just food for thought: MaxPreps.com, who ranks every team in the country, has the standings looking like this after Week 1 (number in parenthesis is state wide rank).  Note - MaxPreps' system is a lot like the BCS computers, factoring in a bunch of stuff that humans (and common sense) could never understand  ;D

1. PNG (182)
2. Lumberton (192)
3. LCM (261)
4. Vidor (374)
5. Nederland (391)
6. Central (522)
7. Livingston (523)
8. Ozen (561)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder