20-4A after 4 district games who ya got?

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="839836" timestamp="1283705830"]
Im going to ask for a redo: Vidor will be second to last right in front of Livingston Lioncubs. What a joke. You think Livingston will do well this year. Do some homework about the teams you have played. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
[/quote]

Ain't nothing wrong with being a lioncub.  They should know that by now right lionfan? ;) :D

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Newbie" post="840049" timestamp="1283725448"]
I stand by my top 4.  Central and Ozen are better than what the scores and/or results indicate.  If any of the other 20 4a teams played against either school the scores would have been just as bad if not worse.
[/quote]
PAM was much better than last year, but this scrimmage that you all keep refering to ended 14-7 PAM. And someone said something about all the three and outs PNG had in that scrimmage?? I don't remember any three and outs! PNG would put up a pretty good fight against both PAM and WB, may not beat 'em, but wouldn't get blown out.

[quote name="A Bear's Bear" post="840085" timestamp="1283727953"]
Not saying this matters, just food for thought: MaxPreps.com, who ranks every team in the country, has the standings looking like this after Week 1 (number in parenthesis is state wide rank).  Note - MaxPreps' system is a lot like the BCS computers, factoring in a bunch of stuff that humans (and common sense) could never understand  ;D

1. PNG (182)
2. Lumberton (192)
3. LCM (261)
4. Vidor (374)
5. Nederland (391)
6. Central (522)
7. Livingston (523)
8. Ozen (561)

[/quote]i dont know if im buying this just yet

[quote name="LTrain" post="841318" timestamp="1283888323"]
[quote author=A Bear's Bear link=topic=72455.msg840085#msg840085 date=1283727953]
Not saying this matters, just food for thought: MaxPreps.com, who ranks every team in the country, has the standings looking like this after Week 1 (number in parenthesis is state wide rank).  Note - MaxPreps' system is a lot like the BCS computers, factoring in a bunch of stuff that humans (and common sense) could never understand  ;D

1. PNG (182)
2. Lumberton (192)
3. LCM (261)
4. Vidor (374)
5. Nederland (391)
6. Central (522)
7. Livingston (523)
8. Ozen (561)

[/quote]i dont know if im buying this just yet
[/quote]

I know it's early yet, but I do not think it is going to look like this come the end of district play.  From what I have seen, I am guessing more like this (if we can keep a healthy QB)

1. PNG
2. Nederland
3. Central
4. LCM
5. Lumberton
6. Livingston
7. Ozen
8. Vidor

[quote name="LTrain" post="841318" timestamp="1283888323"]
[quote author=A Bear's Bear link=topic=72455.msg840085#msg840085 date=1283727953]

1. PNG (182)
2. Lumberton (192)
3. LCM (261)
4. Vidor (374)
5. Nederland (391)
6. Central (522)
7. Livingston (523)
8. Ozen (561)

[/quote]
[/quote]
Thanks for the vote of confidence... but if we dont shore up our Defense its going to be a long year... I would like to think we could get it all running smooth and put the correct parts where they need to be and get one of them hard hitting Def from the past going... but only time will tell...

[color=crimson]I know it's early yet, but I do not think it is going to look like this come the end of district play.  From what I have seen, I am guessing more like this (if we can keep a healthy QB)

1. PNG
2. Nederland
3. Central
4. LCM
5. Lumberton
6. Livingston
7. Ozen
8. Vidor[/color]
All for supporting your team but no way can I see Nederland being #2.... I think PNG is the tops of the district but all other spots are up for grabs... I think Ozen will surprise some people (#7 would be a disappionting year for all that speed)

[quote name="Raider42" post="842004" timestamp="1283976278"]
[color=crimson]I know it's early yet, but I do not think it is going to look like this come the end of district play.  From what I have seen, I am guessing more like this (if we can keep a healthy QB)

1. PNG
2. Nederland
3. Central
4. LCM
5. Lumberton
6. Livingston
7. Ozen
8. Vidor[/color]
All for supporting your team but no way can I see Nederland being #2.... I think PNG is the tops of the district but all other spots are up for grabs... I think Ozen will surprise some people (#7 would be a disappionting year for all that speed)
[/quote]
I think this is based on the Bulldogs getting Forney back next week before district. If this happens and they can become balanced on offense with what looks to be an improving running game, then I can see Nederland doing well in district.

[quote name="badndn" post="842357" timestamp="1284043146"]
[quote author=Raider42 link=topic=72455.msg842004#msg842004 date=1283976278]
[color=crimson]I know it's early yet, but I do not think it is going to look like this come the end of district play.  From what I have seen, I am guessing more like this (if we can keep a healthy QB)

1. PNG
2. Nederland
3. Central
4. LCM
5. Lumberton
6. Livingston
7. Ozen
8. Vidor[/color]
[/quote]
I think this is based on the Bulldogs getting Forney back next week before district. If this happens and they can become balanced on offense with what looks to be an improving running game, then I can see Nederland doing well in district.
[/quote]

That is what I am basing my opinion from. From what I am hearing, Forney will not play this Friday against BH but will be back to start against Vidor in our District opener.  Our running game has improved and our new backs made a good showing against Goose Creek last week.  With another week under their belt it should be a good game against BH.  Looking forward to see how the season turns out.  With that being said, I am sticking with my original projection for now.

Right now I think Ozen would make the playoffs ahead of Central.  If Central's problems are based on a lack of talent creating an inability to execute, they are in trouble.  If, however, mental mistakes are killing them I think they will come back and make the playoffs, provided the coaching staff brings them along.  I have seen both play.  Ozen has more speed, especially on defense.  Central will have to be very disciplined on defense to stop anyone.

I have a hard time believing Central is not going to be good.  They just have to much talent.  I have always thought Ozen was good enough to make the playoffs but they have lacked disipline.  That doesnt seem to be the problem this year.  I would love to put my pirate in the mix this year but I think we may be a year off with all of youthful mistakes.  So I got to go with
1. PNG,  Not much to say here except dam there good.
2. Ozen,  I think they finally put it all together this year
3. Central,  We will know more after this week but they have played two powerhouses in preseason
4. Nederland,  If they can rcover this year from the injury bug, they are good
(If Ned faulters i would have to go with LCM)  but you never know with this district.

[u]****[/u]_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
        * Dist. *
        *20-4a*
        *RADAR *              [size=6pt][color=crimson]LUMBERTON[/color][/size]

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="842993" timestamp="1284134336"]
           [u]****[/u]_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
         * Dist. *
         *20-4a*
        *RADAR *              [size=6pt][color=crimson]LUMBERTON[/color][/size]
[/quote]

Nice! :D

LCM

PNG

Lumberton

Ozen

Looking like a tough tough district again. You could probably replace Livingston with one of these teams. Still unsure about Central, they have faced some tough teams first two weeks. Looking like Nederland and Vidor are bringing up the bottom. They both could probably beat any team on any given night.

PNG-------After losing to a not so good Texas City Team stock will now start dropping
Lumberton---On a roll but not playing any top notch competition
LCM---scores alot but has no defense at all
OZEN/ Nederland One team on the rise one on the fall    you figure it out for yourself

Vidor----------Hapless

Livingston---Playing all inferior teams.

I would respectfully submit, that we have NO IDEA how good Nederland will be.  We have played with out 3-4 of our very best football players in every game.  We finally saw the click in the mechanism for our soph QB in the fourth quarter, he threw two TD's and you could see the game slow down.  Our defense played good, not great, but it was without it's best athlete.... that TD get's stopped at the 50 if Sonnier is on the field.  We have NO IDEA how good Nederland will be when it's weapons are on the field.  You don't play a game without Forney, Sonnier, and Salenga without it having an impact.

[quote name="tappedout" post="844149" timestamp="1284178639"]
What do you base your comment's on, stating that TC was not very good?
[/quote]

Well lets see two interceptions. 4 or 5 busted long plays several major penalties. Mass confusion before plays and have o call two timeout. They gave the game away to the. Without there presents to them they would not have one. so yes PNG  gave them the game we are a better than that. So that is how i come up with we are a better team.

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="844163" timestamp="1284179016"]
[quote author=tappedout link=topic=72455.msg844149#msg844149 date=1284178639]
What do you base your comment's on, stating that TC was not very good?
[/quote]

Well lets see two interceptions. 4 or 5 busted long plays several major penalties. Mass confusion before plays and have o call two timeout. They gave the game away to the. Without there presents to them they would not have one. so yes PNG  gave them the game we are a better than that. So that is how i come up with we are a better team.
[/quote]

Sound like a WOS fan , or a Dayton Fan or a FW fan - see we all can make these rationalizations!! But when some folks do it they get jumped and called arrogant! We all feel the same way our teams are the best!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder