20-4A after 4 district games who ya got?

[quote name="fwstangs" post="844167" timestamp="1284179186"]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=72455.msg844163#msg844163 date=1284179016]
[quote author=tappedout link=topic=72455.msg844149#msg844149 date=1284178639]
What do you base your comment's on, stating that TC was not very good?
[/quote]

Well lets see two interceptions. 4 or 5 busted long plays several major penalties. Mass confusion before plays and have o call two timeout. They gave the game away to the. Without there presents to them they would not have one. so yes PNG  gave them the game we are a better than that. So that is how i come up with we are a better team.
[/quote]

Sound like a WOS fan , or a Dayton Fan or a FW fan - see we all can make these rationalizations!! But when some folks do it they get jumped and called arrogant! We all feel the same way our teams are the best!!
[/quote]
This aint my team just tyhe one I could pick up on the radio out at work. PNG Is a little better than TC

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="844141" timestamp="1284178516"]
PNG-------After losing to a not so good Texas City Team stock will now start dropping
Lumberton---On a roll but [b]not playing any top notch competition[/b]
LCM---scores alot but has no defense at all
OZEN/ Nederland One team on the rise one on the fall    you figure it out for yourself

Vidor----------Hapless

Livingston---Playing all inferior teams.
[/quote]I'd be willing to bet Silsbee would feel differently about your statement since they at least got a vote in the AP polls.

[quote name="tpriddy" post="844107" timestamp="1284177549"]
[b]LCM

PNG

Lumberton

Ozen

Looking like a tough tough district again. You could probably replace Livingston with one of these teams. Still unsure about Central, they have faced some tough teams first two weeks. Looking like Nederland and Vidor are bringing up the bottom. They both could probably beat any team on any given night.[/b]
[/quote]In the immortal words of the king himself.........[b]I'M ALL SHOOK UP UNH HUH.[/b] ;D

This is really tough.  Looks like (in alphabetical order Indian fans) LCM, Lumberton and PNG are the top three, but I don't know if you can even say that for sure.  Was disappointed in Ned's loss to BH tonight.  Central has played the toughest competition so far but has had it handed to them so I guess I'm saying that it is probably still wide open at this point.  Will make for some fun distict games.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="844426" timestamp="1284213400"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=72455.msg844381#msg844381 date=1284209361]
What's your record after 3 without your starting QB?
[/quote]

You still have a defense don't you? A RB?  Nederland will be in the mix for one of the four spots.
[/quote]

Last night we didn't have sonnier (top defensive player and the fastest back we have), salenga (fastest and most athletic receiver, punter, punt returner), (and of course our starting qb forney... All will hopefully be back for district.. Get ready for this team to come together..

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="844187" timestamp="1284179743"]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=72455.msg844141#msg844141 date=1284178516]
PNG-------After losing to a not so good Texas City Team stock will now start dropping
OZEN/ Nederland One team on the rise one on the fall    you figure it out for yourself

Vidor----------Hapless

[/quote]I'd be willing to bet Silsbee would feel differently about your statement since they at least got a vote in the AP polls.
[/quote]

There sure is a bunch of people making excuses why Lumberton is 3 and zip. Everything from "we are playing without our starter" to "they have not played any good teams"..........[b]At what point is Lumberton going to receive credit for winning games??[/b]

[quote name="thetragichippy" post="844477" timestamp="1284217961"]
[quote author=raideroldtimer link=topic=72455.msg844187#msg844187 date=1284179743]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=72455.msg844141#msg844141 date=1284178516]

Vidor----------Hapless

[/quote]

There sure is a bunch of people making excuses why Lumberton is 3 and zip. Everything from "we are playing without our starter" to "they have not played any good teams"..........[b]At what point is Lumberton going to receive credit for winning games??[/b]
[/quote]Agreed Lumberton is has THREE starters out and a Center whose snapping hand is broken and yet...........  :o ???

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="845590" timestamp="1284322202"]
LCM 3-0
[b]Lum 3-0[/b]
Liv 2-0
Cen 1-2
Oze 1-2
Ned 1-2
[b]Png 1-2[/b]
Vid 0-3

IMO, Lumberton and PNG can get 4 wins in district and qualify. Who else gets 4 wins.
[/quote]LCM can IF they continue to score like crazy, their defense won't be what carries them through unless they tighten up. Livingston is as usual the ghost of the district, you can't see them but they are there, they might be a surprise. Wish Jasper had been playing better against us and them so we could gauge better how they are.

PNG lost their first game to a very good Gregory Portland team. It is a game they could have won just as easly as they lost. A one point game. The second loss was from a 3-0, now, Texas City team that won in the last seconds with a field goal. There were two pass interference calls on the winning drive. That is all part of football. The announcers said that the penalties didn't look legit but they were not on the field and the refs are. It too is a game they could have easily have won as well as lost. They could be 3-0 with just a little luck. But that is the way football is. I do believe that Gregory Portland and Texas City could be the two best teams if they were in this district. I would rate the teams as follows:

1. PNG
2. Ozen
3. Nederland
4. LCM/Lumberton
6. Central
7. Livingston
8. Vidor

This is just the way I see it. My Opinion only. It is still a little early in the season. When district starts everyone will get a better feel for it and my predictions could change drastically.

1. Port Neches-Groves Indians
2. Lumberton Raiders
3. Beaumont Central Jaguars
4. Nederland Bulldogs
5. Little Cypress-Mauriceville Bears
6. Beaumont Ozen Panthers
7. Livingston Lions
8. Vidor Pirates

These rankings are tentative. One of the few things I am sure of at this point is that this district will have several close games again this year.

Granted, PN-G doesn't have the best record right now, but we are the only 20-4A team that has played a 4A team in the top 25 and we only lost that game by one point. We demolished Crosby, and we lost a poorly-officiated game (even the scouts for the other teams were talking about how biased the referees were) against a very athletic Texas City team accustomed to playing in a district full of juggernauts by two points on a field goal kicked with eight seconds left. I have no doubt that the Indians will be ready for district play.

Lumberton and LC-M are doing very well this year. I expect both to be prominent teams in 20-4A in 2010 and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they both made the playoffs. Ozen is another team that is much improved and I could see them making the playoffs as well.

Central seems to have finally found its rhythm. Galveston Ball is never the best or most disciplined team, but they are solid and make for a decent pre-season test. I think Central will improve from week to week and expect that they will be in the top four. Nederland is another team that I think will improve each week as long as they can avoid the injury bug. If they continue to take injury after injury, then I just don't see them making the playoffs. Neumann is crafty, but the coach can only do so much when half his team is in casts and splints.

With Vidor, I just don't understand how a team that can come within a touchdown of defeating a traditional powerhouse like Texas High in double overtime can turn around and lose to Bridge City and Kirbyville by such a large margin. Don't get me wrong - Kirbyville and Bridge City are very good teams - but I expected Vidor to at least come close to winning. That close game against Texas High had me seriously reviewing my personal rankings. It looks like these two losses have me reviewing them again.

I still don't know much about Livingston. The best standard I have for comparison is their game against Jasper. Although they did well in that game, Jasper isn't firing on all cylinders this year. I'm going to wait until their game here at Indian Stadium before I start throwing more credit their way.

I still stand by my original rankings.  and the reason is...

PN-G's record is 1-2, but lost very competively.  Losing by 1 point can be placed on poor decision making on the coaches.  (not attacking PN-G, but actually heard this from a PN-G fan)

LC-M...  Their offense is definatly head and shoulders above the rest of 20-4a, no doubt, putting up huge numbers, but I have major questions about the defense  Any of the my other 3 projected playoff teams will give these guys fits on the defensive side of the ball...

My Jags... I think it is safe to say that Memorial and West Brook are on a totally different level than any of our 20-4a counterparts, so the 1-2 record may be deceptive.  Showing that they could look like a Central team against a projected playoff team (Galveston Ball) coached by David Suggs.

Ozen... Very talented squad with nice skilled position players on offense and a fast defense that can run any player from any of the other teams down if they try to run east to west. 

Lots of strengths and weakness for each one of these teams.  I'm sure with this bye week, these coaches will fix these weakness and this will be a heck of a rat race for these playoff spots.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="845662" timestamp="1284327395"]
[quote author=smitty link=topic=72455.msg845660#msg845660 date=1284327236]
1)  PN-G
2)  LC-M
3)  Livingston
4)  Lumberton
[/quote]explaination?
[/quote]

haha after you explain why Lumberton wont be in.....

1) PN-G needs no explanation, they have played closely, 2 teams better than most in 20-4a...they just have "it" they are the team everyone wants to beat, but few admit it
2) Lumberton can score all night long with the best of em, and defense is bending, but not breaking. Dont have to kill people, a W is a W. Once the injury Bug leaves town and Ltrain is full strength again, will be tough to beat.
3)LCM is scoring at will, D is suspect, but kind of irrelevant against the several inferior opponents in the district this year...(Ozen, Vidor, Central  ;)
4)Livingston or Ned, really dont know about either

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder