*SETXSPORTS.COM Will Broadcast The SETX Ford Dealers Classic/WEST WINS 14-10!!!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank y'all for listening in.  REMEMBER, you can catch the video of this game RIGHT NOW....tune to KBTV Fox 4.  James Ware and Gary Stelly on the call with Brooke Bentley on the sidelines (that is reason enough to tune in right there).

Thanks to Coach David Martel (President) and Coach Dan Hooks (Executive Director) of the Southeast Texas Coaches Association.

OUTSTANDING BROADCAST, JOEY AND COREY!!! OUTSTANDING EFFORT BY BOTH COACHING STAFFS AND PLAYERS!!!  THE FANS GOT THEIR MONEY'S WORTH ON THIS ONE.

GOD BLESS YOU, COACH MARK FOREMAN FOR KEEPING AFTER IT FOR SO LONG TO PUT THIS GAME TOGETHER.   I THINK YOUR EFFORTS WERE REWARDED WITH THIS GREAT GAME!

YES, I AM YELLING!!! BECAUSE I AM PUMPED!!!

that game was pretty boring to me.  the only good plays were the first and the last.  i hope next year more schools get into this.

the newton quarterback...wow thats all im saying.  he had great pocket awareness and had a cannon for an arm and he could scramble.  for a few plays newton had the qb and rb in the game.  im assuming this would be newtons starting players. 

#24 from silsbee,  imo.  the kid can do anything!  he was getting maaaaad when he wasnt running outside.  his family was sitting below us and they were even mad that they had him in every spot on the field slot, wr and back but kept on saying the WRs werent blocking. 

congrats to all the kids who played in the game.  i hope this game helps you out in the future.  thanks for the entertainment tonight and the spicy chicken sandwich!

I liked the intensity. I didnt like the interference call on the east down in the end zone in the 4th qt. Qb #5 did not take a look on his read to the backs on the toss plays he was going to run on each one and did not look up the line. Was fun overall could have been a little better but still fun to see some football under the lights.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="812056" timestamp="1276396037"]
MVP'S

West Offensive MVP - Chad Allen, Coldspring
West Defensive MVP - Ricky Francis - Beaumont Ozen

East Offensive Co-MVPs - Taylor Trahan, Nederland and Corwin Keal, Port Arthur Memorial
East Defensive Co-MVPs - Corey Huckabay, Orangefield and Chris Ezidore, Kirbyville
[/quote]
Congrats Corey Huckabay!!  For someone who did not play much defense during the season, he was all over the field tonight.  Best of luck at McNeese!!

Braxton Mayes is a beast w/wheels and #9 Corey Huckabee had a great game on defense w/alot of tackles.McNeese grabbed another good player.I figured there would be more fans for this and I was glad to see the raffle going to a good cause.#77 for the west was tuff in the middle that kids got some talent.All in all glad I made the trip from Moss Hill but I'll be glad to get out of the leg brace and off the crutches soon-summertime game has got my blood pumping already.Super THANKS out to Coach Foreman as your dream is finally reality.Thanks also out to all the coaches and players + those that attended.Build on this one.

[quote name="Cat22" post="812084" timestamp="1276401242"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=70412.msg812056#msg812056 date=1276396037]
MVP'S

East Offensive Co-MVPs - Taylor Trahan, Nederland and Corwin Keal, Port Arthur Memorial
East Defensive Co-MVPs - Corey Huckabay, Orangefield and Chris Ezidore, Kirbyville
[/quote]
Congrats Corey Huckabay!!  For someone who did not play much defense during the season, he was all over the field tonight.  Best of luck at McNeese!!
[/quote]

did huck get a scholarship from mcneese? its amazing what playing the right position and superior coaching will do for an athlete if only for one night.

[quote name="im on fire" post="812074" timestamp="1276399407"]
that game was pretty boring to me.  the only good plays were the first and the last.  i hope next year more schools get into this.

the newton quarterback...wow thats all im saying.  he had great pocket awareness and had a cannon for an arm and he could scramble.  for a few plays newton had the qb and rb in the game.  im assuming this would be newtons starting players. 
[b]
#24 from silsbee[/b],  imo.  the kid can do anything!  he was getting maaaaad when he wasnt running outside.  his family was sitting below us and they were even mad that they had him in every spot on the field slot, wr and back but kept on saying the WRs werent blocking. 

congrats to all the kids who played in the game.  i hope this game helps you out in the future.  thanks for the entertainment tonight and the spicy chicken sandwich!
[/quote]

#24 was from Central, not Silsbee. Unless you are talking about #22, then that would be Chris Barnes of Silsbee.

[quote name="liltex" post="812116" timestamp="1276436002"]
If I were a scout I'd be after Braxton.From the start of the game you could tell this kids special.I was impressed my the kicking of Trahan from Nederland as he can play somewhere @ the next level.
[/quote]

Liltex, I don't get that either.  I remember when I was doing some homework for the pregame of the Kirbyville/Anahuac game, I saw some game clips of this guy and he is a BIG receiver with some speed.  And Taylor had been automatic all year long.

In fact, there were a lot of guys that played in this game who I was surprised to hear had not been signed by a college.  Of course, hopefully, this game gave them the exposure to have that come true for them.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="812113" timestamp="1276435140"]
[quote author=im on fire link=topic=70412.msg812074#msg812074 date=1276399407]

[b]
#24 from silsbee[/b],  imo.  the kid can do anything!  he was getting maaaaad when he wasnt running outside.  his family was sitting below us and they were even mad that they had him in every spot on the field slot, wr and back but kept on saying the WRs werent blocking. 

[/quote]

#24 was from Central, not Silsbee. Unless you are talking about #22, then that would be Chris Barnes of Silsbee.
[/quote]

it was one of those maroon colored helmets!  they had him on kickoff, kick return, off, def, i think he even handed out some water at some point of the game!  i'll get his name once i get my roster out of the car.

[quote name="im on fire" post="812122" timestamp="1276437441"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=70412.msg812113#msg812113 date=1276435140]
that game was pretty boring to me.  the only good plays were the first and the last.  i hope next year more schools get into this.

the newton quarterback...wow thats all im saying.  he had great pocket awareness and had a cannon for an arm and he could scramble.  for a few plays newton had the qb and rb in the game.  im assuming this would be newtons starting players.  
[b]
#24 from silsbee[/b],  imo.  the kid can do anything!  he was getting maaaaad when he wasnt running outside.  his family was sitting below us and they were even mad that they had him in every spot on the field slot, wr and back but kept on saying the WRs werent blocking.  

congrats to all the kids who played in the game.  i hope this game helps you out in the future.  thanks for the entertainment tonight and the spicy chicken sandwich!
[/quote]

[/quote]

it was one of those maroon colored helmets!  they had him on kickoff, kick return, off, def, i think he even handed out some water at some point of the game!  i'll get his name once i get my roster out of the car.
[/quote]

I think the #24 you are talking about is Keith O'Neal from Beaumont Central.  And yes, he is GOOOOD!  When Soulja gets on, he can tell you more details about him.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="812114" timestamp="1276435245"]
Braxton Mayes of Anahuac should have gotten the West Offensive MVP. He scored both TD's along with making 3 other catches. The most productive offensive player all night for both teams.
[/quote]

Totally agree! He's a good kid w/ awesome talent. (The Panthers are going to MISS him this season!) Making the catch w/ 4 seconds left to win the game? That's MVP-worthy, I think!

[quote name="venom33" post="812097" timestamp="1276407011"]
[quote author=Cat22 link=topic=70412.msg812084#msg812084 date=1276401242]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=70412.msg812056#msg812056 date=1276396037]
MVP'S

[/quote]
[/quote]

did huck get a scholarship from mcneese? its amazing what playing the right position and superior coaching will do for an athlete if only for one night.
[/quote]
Huck is walking on at McNeese.  Are you saying he played out of position at OF?  Remember he was Offensive MVP of the district and was far more valuable to OF playing QB than DB.

Guest JoesBros
#22 was Barnes from Silsebee and #24 was Keith O'Neil from Central....It was hard to tell alot of times from way up in the press box cause their helments were both Maroon.

Yes, # 24 is no other than O'Neal, 2009 starting RB who I nicknamed 'Mr. Playoffs' for his performance off the bench against Angleton in 2008. Lead the team in rushing.  I wish the best of luck to him and the rest of these young men on their future playing at the next level...

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="812123" timestamp="1276437601"]
[quote author=im on fire link=topic=70412.msg812122#msg812122 date=1276437441]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=70412.msg812113#msg812113 date=1276435140]
that game was pretty boring to me.  the only good plays were the first and the last.  i hope next year more schools get into this.

the newton quarterback...wow thats all im saying.  he had great pocket awareness and had a cannon for an arm and he could scramble.  for a few plays newton had the qb and rb in the game.  im assuming this would be newtons starting players.  
[b]
#24 from silsbee[/b],  imo.  the kid can do anything!  he was getting maaaaad when he wasnt running outside.  his family was sitting below us and they were even mad that they had him in every spot on the field slot, wr and back but kept on saying the WRs werent blocking.  

congrats to all the kids who played in the game.  i hope this game helps you out in the future.  thanks for the entertainment tonight and the spicy chicken sandwich!
[/quote]

[/quote]

it was one of those maroon colored helmets!  they had him on kickoff, kick return, off, def, i think he even handed out some water at some point of the game!  i'll get his name once i get my roster out of the car.
[/quote]

I think the #24 you are talking about is Keith O'Neal from Beaumont Central.  And yes, he is GOOOOD!  When Soulja gets on, he can tell you more details about him.
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hulmeyolmu
    Newest Member
    hulmeyolmu