Silsbee Coach Trawhon

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Trawhon, did a great job in Silsbee, there are alot of players and coaches that truely respect what Coach Trawhon has done at Sislbee and what he has done for the young men he has coached.  I am a big Supporter for Coach Trawhon and I know he will land on his feet and there will be a school in the area that will be blessed to have him next year, good luck Coach.

I smell a rat!  He has coached some successful teams and then fields a group he struggles to win with and gets "releaved"?  My guess is some of the kids not getting to play and probably a few that did play but unsuccessfully had parents in high places that got involved in this.  I sure hope he did not get undercut by any of his own people trying to move up.  Find it hard to believe that the AD at Silsbee would releave any coach for not winning enough.  They have not just torn it up as of late in football.

Silsbee just lost one hell of a baseball coach.  Coach Trawhon did a wonderful job turning that program around and brought respect to Silsbee baseball.  Here are just a few of his accomplishments:

2006 District championship
Coach of the year
#5 state ranked team in 3A  
Snapped Bridge City's district winning streak.
100 wins in a little over 6 seasons.
at least 4 of his players went on to play college baseball. (Brandon Chambers, Rocky Calhoun, Joel Schooling, Blake Moss)

Raised enough money to make the following improvements to the baseball field:
Covered batting facility
Built a bullpen
Brick wall behind home plate
Metal fence in the outfield
Rebuilt the home dugout
New scoreboard
Planter boxes and palm trees
One of the nicest playing surfaces in the area.

Silsbee baseball will miss Coach Trawhon!!!

Outside or not doesn't change the fact that he is a good, good coach and the fact that he raised alot of money for the program. He also did alot with not much to work with.

Time will tell. Best case scenario, Silsbee is happy and Coach goes somewhere that they can appreciate his talents and is successful and happy.

Coach Trawhon is a class act.  He turned Silsbee into a place where you wanted to go play baseball.  The kids always played hard and with class, regardless of the talent level.  Very good Coach and person.  Any school would be lucky to get a guy like Todd.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="3amagic" post="800643" timestamp="1273675207"]
I smell a rat!  He has coached some successful teams and then fields a group he struggles to win with and gets "releaved"?  My guess is some of the kids not getting to play and probably a few that did play but unsuccessfully had parents in high places that got involved in this.  I sure hope he did not get undercut by any of his own people trying to move up.  Find it hard to believe that the AD at Silsbee would releave any coach for not winning enough.  They have not just torn it up as of late in football.
[/quote]

While the football team did not go on to play for a state championship in 2009, going through district 21-3A UNDEFEATED was no mean feat.  It's good that you like and support Coach Trawhorn, but get a better example to support your "Rat smell"
position than you came up with.

I'll miss Coach Trawhorn. He was always supportive of SETXsports and our broadcasts of our games. He always had time for me and worked with me to bring Tiger baseball here on SETXsports. Coach is a good man and will be missed.

Thanks Todd for your support and good luck in your future endeavors.

[quote name="bevg0410" post="800671" timestamp="1273682317"]
very easy to make all of the above comments when you are on the outside looking in
[/quote]

Does this mean that you're on the inside?  If any of the above mentioned comments are false then please let us know.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="3amagic" post="800709" timestamp="1273692499"]
I simply used that example because any athletic director that will run off a good man because he could not lead a mediocre team to the playoffs better win some games himself.

[/quote]

I know why you used the example, even though it was inaccurate.  But how do you know that this Athletic Director has acted on that notion?

I've known Todd for a long time and I feel he was done wrong. I'm not an employee of Silsbee and I was not in the meeting when Todd was "re-assigned" but I can say with confidence that some people, and not just at Silsbee, talk about being tough on kids and no nonsense but when a coach does it their ideas change. I've heard people talk saying he yells too much or he's too tough on the kids well that is what he has done since day one and when he was winning it was wonderful. I hope Silsbee ISD realizes that they just dumped on a guy who just did his job and cared for his players. I know I would let him coach my kid anyday and I hope he does well at his next school. Keep your head up Todd and remember who your real friends are.

[quote name="Bobcat55" post="800765" timestamp="1273710882"]
I've known Todd for a long time and I feel he was done wrong. I'm not an employee of Silsbee and I was not in the meeting when Todd was "re-assigned" but I can say with confidence that some people, and not just at Silsbee, talk about being tough on kids and no nonsense but when a coach does it their ideas change. I've heard people talk saying he yells too much or he's too tough on the kids well that is what he has done since day one and when he was winning it was wonderful. I hope Silsbee ISD realizes that they just dumped on a guy who just did his job and cared for his players. I know I would let him coach my kid anyday and I hope he does well at his next school. Keep your head up Todd and remember who your real friends are.
[/quote]

I couldn't agree with you more.

Guest shake and bake
Lets see : OF 2 D1 signees  , BC loaded every year, WOS 1 GREAT season with a very good pitcher. All 3 have bunches of upper level SUMMER players.
SILSBEE VERY,VERY, VERY YOUNG. Pitching not there yet. Could not hold leads late. TO MANY ERRORS at the ends of games.
A coach can only do so much with what he has to work with. I went to school with TT and he is 1 of my best friends and a pretty darn good coach. Silsbee loss will be someones gain.

Guest ST11
[quote name="Bobcat55" post="800765" timestamp="1273710882"]
[/quote]

I completely agree. He is a excellent coach!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder