*Crosby Vs. Vidor Bi-District Playoff/ Crosby wins 7-1, Cougars advance!!!

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is exactly 100% true, but what I'm saying, he doesn't make up the WHOLE team.  Regardless of how good he is, IMO, I don't think we would have won the game @ PNG.  When they played here, hard to say, because they were stroking the ball as a team.  @ Lumberton, that was a very tight game and again, IMO, I don't think the boys could have done it without Trae.  He came off the bench in Nederland and they hit him.  Granted Armstrong left the ducks on the pond, but it was Hester they hit.  He started in Vidor against Big Ned and he didn't get the "W", which proves the point CoolHand, one player, no matter how good he is, does not a team make.  He can't win games by himself no matter how good he is and I'm sure EVERYONE will agree...Trae Hester is very good!

[quote name="Cool Hand Luke" post="797392" timestamp="1272917597"]
[quote author=BASEBALLFANS link=topic=69305.msg797369#msg797369 date=1272912564]
Nice JoesBros. Put Hester out there all by his lonesome and see how many games he wins by himself. I love Trae, but one man don't make a team unless you are playing golf or tennis or some sport like that. That is why Baseball is a team sport. It takes 9 to win with, not just one.
[/quote]

How many would you have won without him?  You lose him and you don't have near as good a team. 
[/quote]

[quote name="midcountymadness" post="797401" timestamp="1272919080"]
There are some of us out here still waiting to hear from hitman009 who Crosby has faced this year better than Trae Hester.  I am noy being argumentative, just curious what great pitchers they have seen this year. 
[/quote]that may be a long wait. he doesn't want to screw up his theory with facts. there are kids out there that can outpitch trae, but they are few and far between. he is very good. i hope he adds at least one more W to his high school career stats.

Ok Vidor guys.. if Hester isn't your only player why haven't you said a word about the other 14 or 15 players on the roster? No one that hasn't seen Vidor play can legitimately say he isn't their only player. He's the only guy ever mentioned.
IMHO

Guest JoesBros
Look he's the only one getting pub cause he's going to Lamar. No one talks about Joe Mojica getting on base evertime he gets to the plate. No one talks about Hunter Hagalar who IMHO is the leader of this team and is nails at third base and is a darn good pitcher and hitter. No one talks about Jonathan Niel or Bubba Maxwell who steps up at the plate for this team not to mention Tyler Kennon in right field or Matt Peno who is a Soph at first base who is a man child!!! This team is more loaded than 19-4A thinks just sayin  ::)

[quote name="espn2" post="797384" timestamp="1272915540"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=69305.msg797304#msg797304 date=1272905429]
[quote author=espn2 link=topic=69305.msg797278#msg797278 date=1272900525]
I don't know to much about crosby or the teams they have faced.

How many D-1 signees have yawl faced?
[/quote]Pitching crosby faced a kid early in the year that signed to LSU. he was clocked at 91-94. too many D-1 kids at other positions to count...
[/quote]

What is his name and what school? Not trying to be antagonistic, just curious. I have seen Hester and nothing wrong with him being the best you've seen. He is the best alot of teams have seen. Anyone can win the one game series and from what I have heard yawls number one is legit too.
[/quote]
Nick Rumbelow - Bullard High School  21-5  10 - 0 in district
Signed with LSU
12 ap  W9 -L 2  113 K's  20 BB  ERA 0.41

Kid is also batting .408 with 90 ab's 

Nick Rumbelow - Bullard High School  21-5  10 - 0 in district
Signed with LSU
12 ap  W9 -L 2  113 K's  20 BB   ERA 0.41

Kid is also batting .408 with 90 ab's 

Sounds like a pretty legit pitcher to me. Signed with LSU? Last time i checked they won the national championship, meaning they dont take scrubs, only guys that can deal

[quote name="JoesBros" post="797483" timestamp="1272933954"]
Look he's the only one getting pub cause he's going to Lamar. [b]No one talks about Joe Mojica[/b] getting on base evertime he gets to the plate.[b] No one talks about Hunter Hagalar[/b] who IMHO is the leader of this team and is nails at third base and is a darn good pitcher and hitter. [b]No one talks about Jonathan Niel or Bubba Maxwell[/b] who steps up at the plate for this team not to mention Tyler Kennon in right field or Matt Peno who is a Soph at first base who is a man child!!! This team is more loaded than 19-4A thinks just sayin  ::)
[/quote]

Wonder why no one talks about them... just sayin ::)

[quote name="spoonbill" post="797427" timestamp="1272923893"]
[quote author=midcountymadness link=topic=69305.msg797401#msg797401 date=1272919080]
There are some of us out here still waiting to hear from hitman009 who Crosby has faced this year better than Trae Hester.  I am noy being argumentative, just curious what great pitchers they have seen this year. 
[/quote]that may be a long wait. he doesn't want to screw up his theory with facts. there are kids out there that can outpitch trae, but they are few and far between. he is very good. i hope he adds at least one more W to his high school career stats.
[/quote]sorry been away from the computer.... some of us have more things to do than just sit on setxsports all day.  I believe the question has been answered above and yes it is FACT.... and yes he is better than Hester... by the way.... diden't Crosby beat Vidor last year with Hester on the mound despite giving up 4 runs on errors early???..... Answer is YES 6-4..... and almost all of the team have returned... but I guess we will see wed night!!!!!

[quote name="hitman009" post="797537" timestamp="1272939377"]
[quote author=midcountymadness link=topic=69305.msg797401#msg797401 date=1272919080]
There are some of us out here still waiting to hear from hitman009 who Crosby has faced this year better than Trae Hester.  I am noy being argumentative, just curious what great pitchers they have seen this year.  
[/quote]sorry been away from the computer.... some of us have more things to do than just sit on setxsports all day.  I believe the question has been answered above and yes it is FACT.... and yes he is better than Hester... by the way.... diden't Crosby beat them last year with him on the mound despite giving up 4 runs on errors early???..... Answer is [b]YES[/b] 6-4..... and almost all of the team have returned... but I guess we will see wed night!!!!!
[/quote]

haha!!!!! the Hester you saw last year has nothing on this year's.. it's called maturity and natural ability bettering over time. ALSO, not to mention, the ENTIRE LINEUP has matured as well and gotten better, minus 2 losses of seniors. It's called a NEW YEAR and a new season. You guys make me laugh  ;)

[quote name="VP" post="797543" timestamp="1272939705"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=69305.msg797537#msg797537 date=1272939377]
There are some of us out here still waiting to hear from hitman009 who Crosby has faced this year better than Trae Hester.  I am noy being argumentative, just curious what great pitchers they have seen this year.  
[/quote]sorry been away from the computer.... some of us have more things to do than just sit on setxsports all day.  I believe the question has been answered above and yes it is FACT.... and yes he is better than Hester... by the way.... diden't Crosby beat them last year with him on the mound despite giving up 4 runs on errors early???..... Answer is [b]YES[/b] 6-4..... and almost all of the team have returned... but I guess we will see wed night!!!!!
[/quote]

haha!!!!! the Hester you saw last year has nothing on this year's.. it's called maturity and natural ability bettering over time. ALSO, not to mention, the ENTIRE LINEUP has matured as well and gotten better, minus 2 losses of seniors. It's called a NEW YEAR and a new season. You guys make me laugh  ;)
[/quote]and i guess Crosby has not matured???? OK!! ??? ??? we will see wed..

[quote name="hitman009" post="797547" timestamp="1272939932"]
[quote author=VP link=topic=69305.msg797543#msg797543 date=1272939705]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=69305.msg797537#msg797537 date=1272939377]
[/quote]

[/quote]and i guess Crosby has not matured???? OK!! ??? ??? we will see wed..
[/quote]
i'm not saying Crosby hasn't, i haven't gotten the chance to see them play. i have heard good things about them. however, you referred to last year's pre-season matchup.. and how can you compare the two when the lineups are different than they were last year.....?

[quote name="1696dogs" post="797511" timestamp="1272936883"]
Is that 90 in dist. If so how many games did yall play in district
[/quote]
Here are some of his stats, kid is a stud:  LSU bound
6-0 in district, 39 innings 67 K's, 10 BB, allowed (1 earned run, 15 hits, below 0.20 era)

29 plate appearances
.482 batting avg
4 K's
4 BB
1 HR

[quote name="juskillenit89" post="797574" timestamp="1272942819"]
[quote author=1696dogs link=topic=69305.msg797511#msg797511 date=1272936883]
[/quote]
6-0 in district, 39 innings 67 K's, 10 BB, allowed (1 earned run, 15 hits, below 0.20 era)

29 plate appearances
.482 batting avg
4 K's
4 BB
1 HR
[/quote]"O" YEAH THAT GUY :D WHATEVER

[quote name="juskillenit89" post="797574" timestamp="1272942819"]
[quote author=1696dogs link=topic=69305.msg797511#msg797511 date=1272936883]
[/quote]

29 plate appearances
.482 batting avg
4 K's
4 BB
1 HR
[/quote]

So how did Crosby fair against this guy? One of his 2 losses or one of his 9 wins?

/quote]

So how did Crosby fair against this guy? One of his 2 losses or one of his 9 wins?
[/quote]
It was a loss in the Kilgore tourny for Crosby; believe it was 7-1.  Crosby had 2 hits Bullard had 3, but Crosby had 7 errors.  Guess that was a preview for the season--errors will kill you everytime and I think it will come down to that against Vidor.

[quote name="The best game" post="797630" timestamp="1272977542"]
/quote]

[/quote]
It was a loss in the Kilgore tourny for Crosby; believe it was 7-1.  Crosby had 2 hits Bullard had 3, but Crosby had 7 errors.  Guess that was a preview for the season--errors will kill you everytime and I think it will come down to that against Vidor.
[/quote]I thought we had 4 hits but you are right about the errors. Crosby has played 4 inn of bad baseball and it has cost them 4 of 5 losses.  Its that one inn where they cant stop the bleeding. hopefully they have fixed it..

You and me both Vidor Pirate.  This is our busiest time of the year.  Gotta work tonigh & Saturday.  The stars are aligned for great things to happen for the Pirates!!!

[quote name="vidor pirate" post="797709" timestamp="1272995159"]
i think this 1 was scheduled for me, i get outta class at lamar at 5:15 on wednesday :-)
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder