*Crosby Vs. Vidor Bi-District Playoff/ Crosby wins 7-1, Cougars advance!!!

Guest JoesBros
This is coming from Coach Green who I just had a conversation with. He said "this whole thing about Trae Hester not pitching in the playoff game against Crosby is new news to me. As of right now and as far as I know Trae is available to pitch". I dont know where all of these rumors are getting started up from but the need to stop. If Trae pitches or not they still need to beat Crosby before worrying about the next round.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JoesBros
No he's still waiting to hear back from the Crosby coach. Once I get some info when they decide on a time and place Ill will have it posted on here.

[quote name="JoesBros" post="797001" timestamp="1272821955"]
No he's still waiting to hear back from the Crosby coach. Once I get some info when they decide on a time and place Ill will have it posted on here.
[/quote]WHEN IS THE LAST TIME YOU SPOKE WITH kYLE?

Guest JoesBros
Yep should be a good one the game should be broadcasted either on here or maybe watch it live on kfdm.com stay tuned for details!!

[quote name="rambleonus" post="796907" timestamp="1272777319"]
Is Hester going to be available for the game? I hope it's not true because you never want to see this but I heard he may be done for the year.
[/quote]Hester or not Vidor takes this one

[quote name="RIP09" post="797161" timestamp="1272857184"]
Hester pitching Vidor wins. Hester not pitching, Crosby wins with Gabby on the mound.
[/quote]He will [b]not [/b] be the best pitcher crosby has faced all year....I think the coogs will be ready even for just one game...... Still think UIL should mandate a 3 game series unless agreed on 1 by both coaches.... one game just does not determine the best TEAM..... oh wait.... that maybe why the Vidor coach only wanted one game... he knows!!!!
[size=18pt][b]GO COOGS!!!!![/b][/size]

Guest JoesBros
[quote name="hitman009" post="797241" timestamp="1272894119"]
[quote author=RIP09 link=topic=69305.msg797161#msg797161 date=1272857184]
Hester pitching Vidor wins. Hester not pitching, Crosby wins with Gabby on the mound.
[/quote]He will [b]not [/b] be the best pitcher crosby has faced all year....I think the coogs will be ready even for just one game...... Still think UIL should mandate a 3 game series unless agreed on 1 by both coaches.... one game just does not determine the best TEAM..... oh wait.... that maybe why the Vidor coach only wanted one game... he knows!!!!
[/quote]
I see this one coming a couple miles from down the road. If Vidor wins the UIL should mandate a 3 game series unless both coaches agree on 1 game. If Crosby wins they were the better team  ::) ::)

Crosby is not the best team Vidor has played so It makes it even. GO PIRATES!!![quote name="JoesBros" post="797246" timestamp="1272894573"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=69305.msg797241#msg797241 date=1272894119]
[/quote]
I see this one coming a couple miles from down the road. If Vidor wins the UIL should mandate a 3 game series unless both coaches agree on 1 game. If Crosby wins they were the better team  ::) ::)
[/quote]

Without Trae Vidor has no chance. With Trae they have a pretty good chance. It's no secret Vidor benefits from the one game scenario because of their lack of pitching depth. But if Crosby is the better team they will find a way to win. I just don't want to hear the losing teams excuses after the game. There is plenty time to prepare. Game is at about as close of a neutral site as its going to get. Better come prepared or you will be done! Good luck to both teams.

[quote name="espn2" post="797278" timestamp="1272900525"]
I don't know to much about crosby or the teams they have faced.

How many D-1 signees have yawl faced?
[/quote]Pitching crosby faced a kid early in the year that signed to LSU. he was clocked at 91-94. too many D-1 kids at other positions to count...

[quote name="JoesBros" post="797246" timestamp="1272894573"]
[/quote]
[/quote]It has nothing to do with the Crosby game, I just don't think a one game series shows which is the better team. Usually teams who are weaker than the other only want one game and hope for the game of there lives.... to much can happen in one ball game..... when line drives become tripple plays and weak grounders become game winners... anything is possible in one game.

[quote name="hitman009" post="797241" timestamp="1272894119"]
[/quote]

We'll see what your opinion is after they face Hester. Easy to say he's not the best you've faced when you haven't seen him yet. I personally hate the 1 gamer myself but that's the system we have. Good luck to both teams. Should be a good one!

the only person vidor has is hester! never seen hiim pitch but what i hear he is a beasst. crosby has a few kids. with gabby on the mound anything is possible. crosby is clutch, and finds a way to win. looking at all the games they won in district coming back in the last inning or even extra innings. this is going to be a great game. go coogs

Guest JoesBros
[quote name="kpwinner2010" post="797361" timestamp="1272911975"]
the only person vidor has is hester! never seen hiim pitch but what i hear he is a beasst. crosby has a few kids. with gabby on the mound anything is possible. crosby is clutch, and finds a way to win. looking at all the games they won in district coming back in the last inning or even extra innings. this is going to be a great game. go coogs
[/quote]
How can you say that the only person Vidor has is Hester if you havent seen them play? Its easy to go off what people say on here but Vidor still has a great group of talented kids on their team. Last time I looked on the front of their jersey's it said Vidor Pirates not the Vidor Hester's.

Nice JoesBros. Put Hester out there all by his lonesome and see how many games he wins by himself. I love Trae, but one man don't make a team unless you are playing golf or tennis or some sport like that. That is why Baseball is a team sport. It takes 9 to win with, not just one.

[quote name="hitman009" post="797304" timestamp="1272905429"]
[quote author=espn2 link=topic=69305.msg797278#msg797278 date=1272900525]
I don't know to much about crosby or the teams they have faced.

How many D-1 signees have yawl faced?
[/quote]Pitching crosby faced a kid early in the year that signed to LSU. he was clocked at 91-94. too many D-1 kids at other positions to count...
[/quote]

What is his name and what school? Not trying to be antagonistic, just curious. I have seen Hester and nothing wrong with him being the best you've seen. He is the best alot of teams have seen. Anyone can win the one game series and from what I have heard yawls number one is legit too.

[quote name="RIP09" post="797334" timestamp="1272908836"]
[/quote]

We'll see what your opinion is after they face Hester. Easy to say he's not the best you've faced when you haven't seen him yet. I personally hate the 1 gamer myself but that's the system we have. Good luck to both teams. Should be a good one!
[/quote]I have see him pitch several times and so have the kids. Who knows he may beat us but is, like I said, not the best we have seen this year.

[quote name="BASEBALLFANS" post="797369" timestamp="1272912564"]
Nice JoesBros. Put Hester out there all by his lonesome and see how many games he wins by himself. I love Trae, but one man don't make a team unless you are playing golf or tennis or some sport like that. That is why Baseball is a team sport. It takes 9 to win with, not just one.
[/quote]

How many would you have won without him?  You lose him and you don't have near as good a team. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder