**SETXsports.com Baseball Rankings/3-14-10**

[center][IMG]http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/4363/forumbannerl.jpg[/img][/center]
[center][size=12pt][i][b]BASEBALL TOP 10[/b][/i][/size][/center]
[center][b][i]Week of March 14, 2010[/i][/b][/center]

1.     Nederland (2)

2.     Orangefield (1)

3.     Beaumont West Brook

4.     Vidor (1)

5.     Jasper (1)

6.     Port Neches-Groves

7.     Bridge City

8.     Little Cypress-Mauriceville

9.     Lumberton

10.    Kingwood Park

Others receiving votes Evadale, WOS, Buna, Memorial

[quote name="AJ25" post="777006" timestamp="1268610220"]
Lumberton handed it to Orangefield  ;) But you know you'll never please any one with these rankings Coop, keep up the good work.

[/quote]  If Lumberton hadn't got basically run-ruled by BC, they might have an argument.

[quote name="westend1" post="777013" timestamp="1268611282"]
[quote author=AJ25 link=topic=67325.msg777006#msg777006 date=1268610220]
Lumberton handed it to Orangefield  ;) But you know you'll never please any one with these rankings Coop, keep up the good work.

[/quote]  If Lumberton hadn't got basically run-ruled by BC, they might have an argument.
[/quote]
And yet BC sits at 7th?????

1.    Nederland (2)...nederland's little better than .500, but with Bellow back and 7 starters back who can top them.

2.    Orangefield (1)...had a rough weekend, but who can dispute them. maybe lumberton.

3.    Beaumont West Brook...fast, can hit, do they have the pitching depth

4.    Vidor (1)...what a showdown in a couple of weeks

5.    Jasper (1)...13 runs to vidor, little shocked

6.    Port Neches-Groves...the sleeper, playing out of town

7.    Bridge City..like Buna, take on anyone

8.    Little Cypress-Mauriceville...ditto PNG

9.    Lumberton...core solid, is it enough

10.    Kingwood Park...used No.1 to beat LCM 4-3, with LCM's No 4.

Others receiving votes Evadale, WOS, Buna, Memorial

[quote name="Critter" post="777017" timestamp="1268611792"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=67325.msg777013#msg777013 date=1268611282]
[quote author=AJ25 link=topic=67325.msg777006#msg777006 date=1268610220]

[/quote]
And yet BC sits at 7th?????
[/quote]

It's just so hard to tell.  I'm not sold on Brook's pitching.   Ofield got whooped a couple of times this week.  Ned seems the strongest to me.   BC???   Good with Hicks.   After that, not so sure.   I think most of these teams could play 10 games against each other and go 5-5.   Nederland might be a little stonger than that.

I'm still not sold on Nederland being #1. The. Again it's hard to tell who can be number one. 20-4a is going to be very inreresting. Lcm, lumberton, png, Nederland, or visor can be district champs. I still think it's going to come down to lcm and Nederland they seem to have the most depth pitching wise and bellow vs waddell is going to be interesting.

Jasper has beaten the Defending 3A State Champs Carthage 2-0 in 1st District and just beat Lufkin-Hudson or (Hudson) 6-1 in second district game. To lead the 18-3A district with a 2-0 record. Only losses came by the Vidor Pirates in the First meeting Jasper lost 2-0 and then Jasper beat them in WOS tournament final 4-1 and then in Jaspers Tournament Vidor pitched their ace and Jasper just got other pitchers some work, but not their top two, in getting ready for a District Show Down with Hudson on following Tuesday which was a win for Jasper and the 2 - 0 district record. Although Jasper may not be considered # 1 in everyones heart they are a very very tough team. As of 3-17-2010 Jasper has 19 home runs including tournaments with 4 guys in the top 10 in SETX and seven total players with at least one. So you decide where they should be in the rankings after 2 games in district. Strength of schedule include the defending state champs and contending playoff rival Hudson. 

[quote name="drdvd20" post="778666" timestamp="1268939842"]
Jasper has beaten the Defending 3A State Champs Carthage 2-0 in 1st District and just beat Lufkin-Hudson or (Hudson) 6-1 in second district game. To lead the 18-3A district with a 2-0 record. Only losses came by the Vidor Pirates in the First meeting Jasper lost 2-0 and then Jasper beat them in WOS tournament final 4-1 and then in Jaspers Tournament Vidor pitched their ace and Jasper just got other pitchers some work, but not their top two, in getting ready for a District Show Down with Hudson on following Tuesday which was a win for Jasper and the 2 - 0 district record. Although Jasper may not be considered # 1 in everyones heart they are a very very tough team. As of 3-17-2010 Jasper has 19 home runs including tournaments with 4 guys in the top 10 in SETX and seven total players with at least one. So you decide where they should be in the rankings after 2 games in district. Strength of schedule include the defending state champs and contending playoff rival Hudson.   
[/quote]
In order for Jasper to get all the respect they are going to have to play better teams....Look at who they have beat....Carthage and Hudson are both not as good as last year ....Hudson is 7-7-1 and carthage is 8-6....Jasper only beat Vidor by 1 point the only time they beat them...With both Vidors #1 and Jaspers #1 pitching Vidor won....Just saying that they will be around the top just maybe not at the top.  Good Luck to the Dawgs this year.

I am not sold on the Poll logic here......I watched BC whip Nederland with a Freshman pitching.....          PNG is VERY strong and proving it!....... OF just was lucky enough to beat Deweyville 8-7, that does not justify such high ratings.

One of us has some skewed logic, or maybe both of us.  LOL

Having seen both Carthage and Hudson this year I can say that they would fare well in 21 3A and probably make the playoffs or alter it somewhat. Jasper has probably played as many 4A teams this preaseason as they have 3A with only one 2A team in Buna. I will agree that Carthage is not as good as last year ( State Champions ) but with their ace, they are still  very potent and will do well in the playoffs this year.  In Jasper we are 14-Hester/2 ( thanks SS ) and 3-0 in district, playing good baseball and getting better every day. Polls will take care of themselves as the season unfolds. GO DOGS

1.     PN-G.....seems to be very solid this year and is it showing it big time in 20-4a.

2.     Orangefield ... power and smarts will get this team to State.

3.     Vidor...looks to stay perfect in a tough 20-4a.

4.     Westbrook...with deep pitching WB could be a sleeper in the playoffs.

5.     Nederland....needs a win next.

6.     Bridge City...will go as far as matt hicks will take him.

7.     Jasper...1-9 can put it over the fence

8.     LC-M...has a tough couple of games coming soon.

9.     Buna...should win the district.

10.    Evadale...small school that plays big.

[quote name="East TX" post="779965" timestamp="1269205185"]
I am not sold on the Poll logic here......I watched BC whip Nederland with a Freshman pitching.....           PNG is VERY strong and proving it!....... OF just was lucky enough to beat Deweyville 8-7, that does not justify such high ratings.

One of us has some skewed logic, or maybe both of us.   LOL
[/quote]

Me either, Nederland is number 1 and Bridge City beat them with a Freshmen pitcher on the mound and BC is number 7... Does't make sense to me..

[quote name="T-daddy" post="780202" timestamp="1269272248"]
if carthage and hudson was in 21-3a they would both make the playoffs with bridge city...orangefield (who can dispute them) all of setx what have they done? ever?  jasper, bc, carthage, hudson, are the top 4 teams in 3a region 3..
[/quote]

WO-S has been to the State tourney although it was in 4A.  Silsbee has had plenty of very talented teams through the years.  San Augustine won state as 3A I do believe, although they are now 2A.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="juskillenit89" post="781389" timestamp="1269452810"]
Last night should be enough to put Crosby in the top 10, quality wins. 2 of them in extra's over KP and GCM.
[/quote]

Ditto!