Anahuac vs Woodville!!!

wildcat29

[quote name="whsalum" post="765350" timestamp="1266990174"]
I think Anahuac wins this one by a dozen.

Anahuac-72

Woodville-60
[/quote]

Now, I just gotta ask. Is your prediction based on the fact that you've seen both teams play or is this kind of like the Newton prediction last week when you said they were going to outdepth Spurger with their 7 guys even though you hadn't actually seen them  play???? I only ask because you may be right about Anahuac winning by a dozen but I don't want a guy taking credit for a good call unless he's actually seen both teams play.

[quote name="Eagles2010" post="765453" timestamp="1267024412"]
[quote author=mmccary link=topic=66477.msg765357#msg765357 date=1266991238]
Anahuac 77
Woodville 70
[/quote]

mmccary, didn't you make some other predictions against woodville? haha  ;D
[/quote]

Yes I did, SA stayed inconsistant throughout district.  Woodville is not as good as last years team, they will be one and done in the playoffs!

[quote name="mmccary" post="765565" timestamp="1267035472"]
[quote author=Eagles2010 link=topic=66477.msg765453#msg765453 date=1267024412]
[quote author=mmccary link=topic=66477.msg765357#msg765357 date=1266991238]
Anahuac 77
Woodville 70
[/quote]

mmccary, didn't you make some other predictions against woodville? haha  ;D
[/quote]

Yes I did, SA stayed inconsistant throughout district.  Woodville is not as good as last years team, they will be one and done in the playoffs!
[/quote]
mmccary you've got to be kidding me.  Woodville is way better than last years team.  From watching the two teams play, there shldnt be a question as to who's the better team.  Last year team didn't even get out of district.  The two records speak for themselves.. 

I've seen the clubs and looked at the records and the competition both clubs have played.Woodville played some tough clubs but lost handily to them.If I'm not mistaken Anahuac took a very good Nederland club to overtime before losing by a couple.I'll be the first to admit I was shocked by Newton,the last few years when Ross was over there they had a deep bench and a very good ball club.When I saw they beat Woodville late in the year I figured they had to be pretty good.If they are they didn't show it last Saturday.That was the reason for my pick.You can't judge this years eagle team  against last years by their district record because the district isn't anywhere close to where it has been in the past.The final reason for my pick is the Anahuac coach,he does a great job.I'll be the first to congratulate Woodville if they win but my pick is the Panthers.

[quote name="whsalum" post="765788" timestamp="1267058626"]
I've seen the clubs and looked at the records and the competition both clubs have played.Woodville played some tough clubs but lost handily to them.If I'm not mistaken Anahuac took a very good Nederland club to overtime before losing by a couple.I'll be the first to admit I was shocked by Newton,the last few years when Ross was over there they had a deep bench and a very good ball club.When I saw they beat Woodville late in the year I figured they had to be pretty good.If they are they didn't show it last Saturday.That was the reason for my pick.You can't judge this years eagle team  against last years by their district record because the district isn't anywhere close to where it has been in the past.The final reason for my pick is the Anahuac coach,he does a great job.I'll be the first to congratulate Woodville if they win but my pick is the Panthers.
[/quote]
I saw the newton-woodville game and one thing that everybody doesn't know is that their starting point guard was out.  He is one of the main scorers for them and if you seen them play, then you know that him not playing was a big factor.  But i agree that even without him woodville should have been able to beat newton.  They arent anything compared to the past few years with Ross on the team. 
Woodville played bad that night and lost a game they should have won.  But the same goes for anahuac.  They lost to ec, who isnt that great of a team either, but showed friday that they shouldnt have lost to them at home.  So i believe in throwing out all of the other games and just letting the two play and see what happens.

[quote name="whsalum" post="765987" timestamp="1267071005"]
It's a shame the way the bracket is layed out some of the really good teams will beat each other up.I haven't seen Centerville but they are usually pretty decent.
[/quote]
Yea kountze vs new waverly is really the state title game and the #2 and #3 teams will meet each other before state as well.

Saw Anahuac play for the first time the other night against the prep school.  They didn't look as athletic as everyone on hear says.  IMO if they always play as flat as they did in their first playoff game it will be a long night for the panthers.  Hopefully, they were so unaggressive only because the prep school wasn't very athletic.  Maybe they will prove me wrong, but if that's all Anahuac has to offer I say Eagles SOAR!

I graduated from Lufkin but have spent a lot time in the last several years around Woodville, following their sports as well. this year's team is doing some pretty good things that this basketball program hasn't seen in a while. Yes this year's district weaker than in years past but this group of kids will accomplish a lot in the postseason. I've seen both teams play, and it's a pretty evenly matched game. Both have good point gaurds, Woodville's is better at getting to the rim, and then you have two scorers in Anahuacs #3 and Woodvilles #23. whsalum, how you can you make your predictions on a game because anahuac played well against WOS and woodville got beat bad by silsbee?  ??? i agree with wildcat 29, yea woodville lost one in newton but anahuac lost at home to EC?? let the two teams play and we'll see who's right

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86