OL's Van Wade Thoughts On LC-M NOT Wanting To Play WO-S

VAN WADE

Folks, the Orange Bowl has been put to rest. That’s right, no LC-M vs. WO-S. That’s a game that always draws a tremendous gate. Guess WO-S can put away the trophy again for a few more years, maybe store it at the Godwin Auditorium and let it draw some dust.

So what if the Bears have only defeated the Mustangs twice in nearly 25 tries, LC-M should still play that game. Both fan bases love attending that game because there are so many families and friends involved in the whole deal.

I never see WO-S get upset when they fall to LC-M big in baseball, softball, golf, tennis or volleyball and they continue to play the Bears in those sports despite being in a lower UIL classification.

77, I know that you didn't think that this was just gonna go away!  Van Wade is correct by stating that WOS gets killed on a year in and year out basis in several other sports by LCM and yet continue to COMPETE year in and year out!  What's sad is that after a very impressive start in year one, the new guy has taken two or three steps backwards.  I know there are MANY fans and players that are not happy with the decision to run from competition!  Especially that competition!  In the end looking for the easy way out will catch up with the bears and once again our community and kids will miss out on one of the highlights of the fall!  ORANGE BOWL 2010 AND 2011 RESULTS JUST IN: LCM FORFEITS!!!!!  What kind of message are you sending to your team?  I will tell you what message has been sent, YOU GUYS ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY WITH THE MUSTANGS!!!!!

Not being involved with this game emotionally, I can still see that this game is important to both communities. It's just not going to feel right not having an Orange Bowl this coming football season. I would have liked to have seen it continue.

BUT!!! I believe Coach Crouch knows what's best for his football program and will do what's best to help build his football program. If Randy feels that this benefits the Bears in the overall scheme of things, then so be it. I am in no position to criticize the man.

But again, I have never been part of this game. Hopefully this game will start back up in the fall of 2012.

[quote name="77" post="755514" timestamp="1265384313"]
I think they should play also. I am just refering to the fact that here we go again, the people really concerned should go to the source and find out his reasoning, and I am sure he could care less about what we think. After the way he was ridiculed every year for his terrible play calling ( by alot of fans) I can understand why he would'nt care to play the game.jmo
[/quote]
I do agree with some of what you have stated 77, but I very seriously doubt that because he was ridiculed by play calling that has played a part in him backing out of this game!  If anything else it would be more of a reason to play the game!  Stick it to the old team and fans that were getting on him!!!  Brett Favre Style!!!!!

[quote name="mustangfan2" post="755518" timestamp="1265384699"]
[quote author=77 link=topic=65672.msg755514#msg755514 date=1265384313]
I think they should play also. I am just refering to the fact that here we go again, the people really concerned should go to the source and find out his reasoning, and I am sure he could care less about what we think. After the way he was ridiculed every year for his terrible play calling ( by alot of fans) I can understand why he would'nt care to play the game.jmo
[/quote]
I do agree with some of what you have stated 77, but I very seriously doubt that because he was ridiculed by play calling that has played a part in him backing out of this game!  If anything else it would be more of a reason to play the game!  Stick it to the old team and fans that were getting on him!!!  Brett Favre Style!!!!!
[/quote] Maybe not but he is the only one that can tell you the reason. I dont really have a dog in the race anymore but I feel that the Bear fans should support his decisions for what he thinks are best for his team.

I remember when West Orange (before WOS) & BC (Wooster years) was a big thing.  Remember when LCM & BC was a big thing.  Guess BC & OF is now a big game.  Many other rivalries in the Triangle.

Coop; point is that rivalries have always been around and they eventially just fade away.

Would have really been interesting and objective reporting if you had interviewed the LCM Coach before writing a scathing article like this one.

Great Athletic programs in LCM & WOS.

[quote name="KFDM COOP" post="755479" timestamp="1265381449"]
VAN WADE

Folks, the Orange Bowl has been put to rest. That’s right, no LC-M vs. WO-S. That’s a game that always draws a tremendous gate. Guess WO-S can put away the trophy again for a few more years, maybe store it at the Godwin Auditorium and let it draw some dust.

So what if the Bears have only defeated the Mustangs twice in nearly 25 tries, LC-M should still play that game. Both fan bases love attending that game because there are so many families and friends involved in the whole deal.

I never see WO-S get upset when they fall to LC-M big in baseball, softball, golf, tennis or volleyball and they continue to play the Bears in those sports despite being in a lower UIL classification.

[/quote]

1.  I would really like to have heard Coach Crouch's opinion on this...it would seem THIS year would be one of the more opportune times to play WOS (on account of LCM's optimistic outlook on next season)...

2. What about boys basketball.  This is one of the first times in a while that they played

Not sure what is going between these two schools.  I can remember after Hurricane Ike the LCM coach  at the time was dodging playing the Mustangs and it seems the same is happening now.  I'm sure there is more to the story than what we all are aware of.  I would also like to hear Coach Crouch's reasoning on this decision.

i think wos and lcm should play, but on the bright side we still have some good competitive non-district games on the schedule...if its final?  i cant wait to watch the stangs play giddings and friendswood...those games will probably be played at neutral sites and have a playoff atmosphere...which is something that may benefit our team later on in the season.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin