Yates wins by 100 again

[font=Courier]Davis coach said Yates didn't try to run it up....

[url=http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/hso/6832182.html]http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/hso/6832182.html[/url]

When Yates makes it to Austin, the Drum will be sold out for their games tho.... ;)

I hear a big announcement coming from the Lions' camp on Jan. 29.........[/font]

They might not be SETX but they are close and its more than just basketball with them. They bring up so many socialogial arguments that make for good conversation. They are so much better than everyone that it asks "is it okay to run up the score?" "how much is too much?" "is it a valuable lesson to teach our children to never let up or show them that in the real world no one will let up on them?" there is no positive right answer and that's why we talk about it!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="748669" timestamp="1264287133"]
Good question Bobcat05.

But, what Yates is doing is statewide news because of not how good this team is, but how important it is for them to show everyone, [b]leaving out class and respect along the way.[/b][/quote]

How so?

I think a lot of people on here don't understand that Yates is playing for a chance at a national championship something that is unheard of for just about every high school in America. I also think that if yall were 16, 17, or 18 with a chance at a national championship, and you were as good as Yates, then you would be trying to do everything in you can to win one (including beating teams by over 100 points). Also, would we be so quick to call it classless if this team were one of our local teams?

[quote name="bulldogbasketball" post="748860" timestamp="1264354142"]
I think a lot of people on here don't understand that Yates is playing for a chance at a national championship something that is unheard of for just about every high school in America. I also think that if yall were 16, 17, or 18 with a chance at a national championship, and you were as good as Yates, then you would be trying to do everything in you can to win one (including beating teams by over 100 points). [b]Also, would we be so quick to call it classless if this team were one of our local teams?[/b][/quote]

If they played in the manner that Yates plays to get this attention, then yes.

Here's my two cents, if it means anything.  If I were a coach (which hopefully I will be one day) I would probably never let up in a game.  Games are meant to be won, so I would do everything, legally, to win.  If a team couldn't stop my 1st stringers for 4 quarters, it's not my fault.  People are too soft nowadays, they can't handle defeat.  Take the beating like a man, and admit you're team doesn't compare to the other.

Guest misundastood
1) yates only played starters for first 4 minutes of every qtr....(and contrary to popular belief there is a huge drop off from the first to the second group)

2) yates never ran a trapping press the entire game.... (even i was shocked, it was solid full court man to man and play the passing lanes the entire game - no red to red like KTZ and HJ does)

3) they missed about 20 easy shots layups/dunks/short jumpers.....

4) they missed over 10 freethrows (they practiced freethrows at halftime and ran a down and back each time they missed--- lets say they ran 12 down and backs out of 14 freethrows at halftime) might be there downfall if anyone can keep it close

5) DAVIS is comparable to the last place teams in the 3A district in se texas... lol

YOU GUYS REALLY NEED TO GO SEE THEM PLAY AND THEN MAKE YOUR JUDGEMENTS....

[quote name="misundastood" post="749217" timestamp="1264427958"]
1) yates only played starters for first 4 minutes of every qtr....(and contrary to popular belief there is a huge drop off from the first to the second group)

2) yates never ran a trapping press the entire game.... (even i was shocked, it was solid full court man to man and play the passing lanes the entire game - no red to red like KTZ and HJ does)

4) they missed over 10 freethrows (they practiced freethrows at halftime and ran a down and back each time they missed--- lets say they ran 12 down and backs out of 14 freethrows at halftime) might be there downfall if anyone can keep it close

5) DAVIS is comparable to the last place teams in the 3A district in se texas... lol

[/quote]Yeah, but some of these guys need to get out of S.E.Texas and see how other teams play the game.

[quote name="numberseven" post="749197" timestamp="1264398642"]
Here's my two cents, if it means anything.  If I were a coach (which hopefully I will be one day) I would probably never let up in a game.  Games are meant to be won, so I would do everything, legally, to win.  If a team couldn't stop my 1st stringers for 4 quarters, it's not my fault.  People are too soft nowadays, they can't handle defeat.  Take the beating like a man, and admit you're team doesn't compare to the other.
[/quote]

I fear you will have a short coaching career with that strategy

YOU GUYS REALLY [b]NEED TO GO SEE THEM PLAY [/b] AND THEN MAKE YOUR JUDGEMENTS....
[/quote]

I'll take your word that they are great and could beat any team I have ever seen.  I still don't "need to see them play" to know that they are a classless organization, from the top down.   The last thing I would do was to give them my $5.

[/quote]gOOD JOB!

Guest misundastood
i'm not arguing classless or not..... i understand how it is deemed classless(the fouling to score 100 made me think classless)... but i'm on the fence now....

i'm just saying
1)that it wasn't the all out trapping press that everyone makes it seem like......
2)the second group is no where near as good as the first group...
3)they play some of the hardest/toughest/hustle man-to-man i've ever seen....
4)OH AND I FORGOT....-- 4TH QTR THEY PLAYED ONLY HALF COURT MAN-TO-MAN--- ENTIRE 4TH

by the way... i get in games for free..... i guess i didnt pay to see them either.....

I didn't have a problem with Yates and what they were doing until the Westbury game where they were up 30 but in danger of having their 100 point game streak broken so they started fouling while up 30 in order to get the ball back.  You can't twist that into a positive and you certainly can't defend it. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder