*PN-G vs. Brenham Playoff Updates..Brenham Advances!/Comments*

KFDM COOP

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="PNG Proud" post="715148" timestamp="1258859210"]
[quote author=TXKBear link=topic=62736.msg714935#msg714935 date=1258854093]
[quote author=API steve link=topic=62736.msg714767#msg714767 date=1258847321]
Man, I have seen some poor losers in my day, but these Cubs are sore winners. They said in their paper they were motivated by the trash talking PNG fans did leading up to this game. Man if that is the only way you get up for a game I feel sorry for them.

I would say the officials were more up for the game than the Cubs were. I have never seen before when you tackle a receiver and not get a penalty. The taunting and the showboats were embarrassment. They looked like thugs in the hood.

They also said they were disrespected by the fans from PNG. This also sounds like a bunch of babies to me. If they look for external forces to get motivated and not a desire from the inside of the player, they have a lot to learn about life.

I would think you would wish the team that beat you good luck in the future. (You always want to get beat by the best team in the state, it makes you look better if you they win it all). But I don’t see how you could wish these guys good luck in the future.

They will get what is coming to them, if they have an honest zebra group that is.

[/quote]

GEEZ!  Now we start playing the race card!
[/quote]

I've been looking.....didn't see "race" in there anywhere.   Sounds like maybe YOU are.
[/quote]

You do not see too many people refer to Caucasian's as "thugs in the hood". So, you might start there.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that article was a little tacky  ::)!  I mean, half of the comments that were made on here were not by PNG fans anyway!  I could understand if our players were trash talking their team, but to say your team got motivated by a bunch of "cyber bullies" and "laptop coaches"  is just plain funny!  The funniest thing is when he said "they aint all that"!  Umm...any team that can be down 20 points and come back to almost whip you IS all THAT! It just wasn't our night, and most of us DO accept that!

Oh, what the heck was that "dance" their kickoff team was doing???    ???
Looked like a bunch of cats in a litter box ....lol!!

[quote name="NDNfan91" post="715172" timestamp="1258860065"]
Yeah, that article was a little tacky  ::)!  I mean, half of the comments that were made on here were not by PNG fans anyway!  I could understand if our players were trash talking their team, but to say your team got motivated by a bunch of "cyber bullies" and "laptop coaches"  is just plain funny!  The funniest thing is when he said "they aint all that"!  Umm...any team that can be down 20 points and come back to almost whip your *ss IS all THAT! It just wasn't our night, and most of us DO accept that!

Looked like a bunch of cats in a litter box....lol!!
[/quote]

Spoken like a true sore loser!!!!

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="NDNfan91" post="715172" timestamp="1258860065"]
Yeah, that article was a little tacky  ::)!  I mean, half of the comments that were made on here were not by PNG fans anyway!  I could understand if our players were trash talking their team, but to say your team got motivated by a bunch of "cyber bullies" and "laptop coaches"  is just plain funny!  The funniest thing is when he said "they aint all that"!  Umm...any team that can be down 20 points and come back to almost whip your *ss IS all THAT! It just wasn't our night, and most of us DO accept that!

[b]Looked like a bunch of cats in a litter box....lol!!
[/quote][/b]

I bet that poo contained little chunks of purple Indian.

You guys should just leave it at "Good Game."

Guest gladiator2
Now if you think we all feel the same as a person who has just joined the site than whatever. Brenham won and that's it. They deserved to win. The refs missed several holding call's right in front of our sideline and we had to sream to let the ref's know that it was a delay of game on 4th down. It was 4th down and they had 12 men in the huddle and no call and our coaches were livid, there were bad call's the other way. We were definately holding late in the game when they flagged Brenham for illegal hand's to the face and then a no call when our WR was trying to tackle the DB instead of going for the ball. The game was more about how we played the first half. We started the game off with a personal foul and then had illegal procedure on a play when we gained 20 yard's and had another one shortly after that. So the ref's were bad for both sides. I feel like we thought we could just show up and win and we were not very focused as we have been the last several week's in the first half. No excuse, Brenham deserved to win, they shut the run down and forced us to pass every down and we just couldn't execute in the first half. The 2nd half we did as we have all season, made adjustment's but we were down by too many. FWFan, you have no business coming on here talking crap about PNG, what do you know about PNG besides what you have read on this board. If you were smart enough you could very easily figure out that some people are student's just talking crap the same as you sound. If anyone as taken Thunderlicious serious than you are all very gullible. If he is not a student just talking crap than I would be surprised just as I would be surprised if you were not about 17 year's old. I will be at the game next week watching Central upset your unbeatable stang's.

Guest gladiator2
DaBear, don't even try to say that those boy's were not trash talking the whole game. We could hear quite a bit where we were sitting but hey that's what some kid's do . I thought that we got caught doing the same thing that your guy's were doing the whole game. Someone got on this message board before we played and told us what to expect, so don't come on here trying to down play how your team act's. I was not ready for some of this from your team because most of my dealing's with Brenhan has been in baseball and they definately don't act like that, but how many of the guy's that was doing all of the talking actually play baseball and guaranteed not many if any. I hope you was at the game because it was unbelievable that Brenham does not back their football team like it does their baseball team.

[quote name="SD2009" post="714105" timestamp="1258785682"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=62736.msg714092#msg714092 date=1258784269]
[quote author=SD2009 link=topic=62736.msg713932#msg713932 date=1258778441]
png mad cuz they lost now throwing punches
[/quote]

I just got back from the game. PNG did not throw any punches. After a long game of terrible calls, one of the PNG kids lost his cool when the Brenham kids were showboating and he ran his mouth twice and got two flags. No punches so lets not start that urban legend.

As some folks projected, Brenham was better than folks thought and PNG was not quite as good as many people thought. But give PNG credit, they fought back. Lost two starting corners in one game, in the first half, and played a strong 2nd half. They did not quit. Great game and great season for PNG.
[/quote]
I saw punches clearly

That is not why the kid got tossed, the imaginary punches you thought you saw, it was for mouth. I asked the refs about it after the game.

[/quote]

[quote name="liltex" post="715349" timestamp="1258869537"]
Maybe it's a district dance cause Waller did it too on the opening kickoff and again after the field goal :D
[/quote]

HAHAHAhahaha.....we think a lot alike me and you!
They looked like they were trying to get their motor going- obviously didn't work cause from where I was sitting, it appeared the engine didn't do anything except maybe misfire!!! Broncos shut em down for sure!
Way to go Broncos!

[quote name="maverick" post="714485" timestamp="1258831444"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=62736.msg714423#msg714423 date=1258827501]
[quote author=FriendswoodFan link=topic=62736.msg714418#msg714418 date=1258827196]
Angleton beats Brenham by 14 or more next week.  Bank on it.
[/quote]

If Diggs is not 100%, Angelton will lose.

Bank on it!
[/quote]

If Diggs isn't 100%, they might be out of it in the next couple of hours. Of course, they are playing an HISD school, so maybe/maybe not.
[/quote]

What a stupid comment, they won by like 50 tool!

say what ya want..Brenham acted like goobers on the field. This isnt dancing with the stars..it's football. The ONLY reason you do the routines and ohhhh ahhhh's and all that jazz is to showboat. I even saw a couple kids injured laying on the field and Brenham queues up their fightsong and cheered. You cant blame the kids for these actions because they are only doing it because they are ALLOWED to. I thought Brenham had a real classy program, however my opinion stands changed.

No complaining here, Brenham came out and punched us in the mouth. It was sad in the first half because we didn't look like we needed to be there. Hats off toa good Brenham team, who showed up to play and we didn't. Bottom line, Brenham wanted it more. Good luck to the rest of the area teams still in the playoffs.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="715474" timestamp="1258899646"]
No complaining here, Brenham came out and punched us in the mouth. It was sad in the first half because we didn't look like we needed to be there. Hats off toa good Brenham team, who showed up to play and we didn't. Bottom line, Brenham wanted it more. Good luck to the rest of the area teams still in the playoffs.
[/quote]
well said ......NOW SCALP'EM!!! :D :D

[quote name="SgtRey" post="715482" timestamp="1258899929"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=62736.msg715474#msg715474 date=1258899646]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Good luck to ya'll, Cinco Ranch is tough, but I think the Brook can take them. Should be a good crowd and a barn burner.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="715490" timestamp="1258900526"]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=62736.msg715482#msg715482 date=1258899929]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Good luck to ya'll, Cinco Ranch is tough, but I think the Brook can take them. Should be a good crowd and a barn burner.
[/quote]

Speaking of Cinco Ranch, there were a couple of kids from their band sitting behind me at the game, I think they have a relative that is a PNG fan.  Anyway, they were some really nice kids and had GREAT things to say about PNG!  They said they had never been to a PNG game before, but heard ALL about it from their relatives and they had to come see it for themselves.  They were a little reserved at first, but we had them standing for Cherokee and doing the War Chant with us in the second half!  They said they will def try an come to another PNG game next year and bring friends!  Anyway, even though the kids were nice and loved my NDN's, I gotta pull for the local team....GO BRUINS!!

[quote name="NDNfan91" post="715528" timestamp="1258904197"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=62736.msg715490#msg715490 date=1258900526]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=62736.msg715482#msg715482 date=1258899929]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Nice post - I sat with my friend who moved from Clear Creek to PNG and I rooted hard for them also - despite what this PNGproud guy says - he is dishing FW for some reason, we appreciate the PNG class!!

Speaking of Cinco Ranch, there were a couple of kids from their band sitting behind me at the game, I think they have a relative that is a PNG fan.  Anyway, they were some really nice kids and had GREAT things to say about PNG!  They said they had never been to a PNG game before, but heard ALL about it from their relatives and they had to come see it for themselves.  They were a little reserved at first, but we had them standing for Cherokee and doing the War Chant with us in the second half!  They said they will def try an come to another PNG game next year and bring friends!  Anyway, even though the kids were nice and loved my NDN's, I gotta pull for the local team....GO BRUINS!!

[/quote]

[quote name="Thunderlicious" post="715432" timestamp="1258893067"]
say what ya want..Brenham acted like goobers on the field. This isnt dancing with the stars..it's football. The ONLY reason you do the routines and ohhhh ahhhh's and all that jazz is to showboat. I even saw a couple kids injured laying on the field and Brenham queues up their fightsong and cheered. You cant blame the kids for these actions because they are only doing it because they are ALLOWED to. I thought Brenham had a real classy program, however my opinion stands changed.
[/quote]

Well, I'm out of here.  You guys can complain all off-season about those horrible kids from the 'hood - er, Brenham.  Think what you want, but thankfully your team does not have the class - or lack thereof - that you are demonstrating on here.  Each time PNG had an injured player, the Brenham team took a knee.  Did you notice?  I did.  Many where I was sitting also commented it was strange that the Cubs took a knee but the Indian players did not.  No big deal.  Teams have different ways of handling such events.  As for the fight song and cheering - absolutely!  Brenham just made a big play and the fight song was played with gusto.  Did you also hear the band stop in the middle of the song when it became obvious an injured player was on the ground at the opposite end of the field?  No you didn't.  Unfortunately, some people just see what they want to see.  See 'ya. 

[quote name="TXKBear" post="715680" timestamp="1258916997"]
[quote author=Thunderlicious link=topic=62736.msg715432#msg715432 date=1258893067]
[/quote]

Well, I'm out of here.  You guys can complain all off-season about those horrible kids from the 'hood - er, Brenham.  Think what you want, but thankfully your team does not have the class - or lack thereof - that you are demonstrating on here.  Each time PNG had an injured player, the Brenham team took a knee.  Did you notice?  I did.  Many where I was sitting also commented it was strange that the Cubs took a knee but the Indian players did not.  No big deal.  Teams have different ways of handling such events.  As for the fight song and cheering - absolutely!  Brenham just made a big play and the fight song was played with gusto.  Did you also hear the band stop in the middle of the song when it became obvious an injured player was on the ground at the opposite end of the field?  No you didn't.  Unfortunately, some people just see what they want to see.  See 'ya. 
[/quote]Brenham has always been a class program and they still are---some folks just refuse to see it---good luck the rest of the way Cubs

I was at the game as a neutral observer. I sat on the Brenham side simply because it was easier. None of the shenanigans that have been claimed on here happened. No punches, no showboating, nothing except good football. The Brenham team and fans are the classiest bunch I have ever seen at a high school game. You would think those people were from Mayberry RFD! I'm sure the vast majority of the PNG fans realize this. Not only did the Brenham team on the field take a knee when a PNG player was injured, but the rest of the 60 players on the sideline took a knee as well. The band did stop playing and most of the conversation in the stands stopped also!

As far as the dance on the kickoffs goes, that's just kid stuff. No different than when I played 25 years ago and we hit our pads and clapped in time before the kickoff for intimidation. Waller did the same thing to us(Dayton) last night.

I had the unexpected pleasure of eating dinner with the Brenham team last year after the Broncos knocked them out of the playoffs. I'm telling you these people are from niceville USA. All the kids had green dinner jackets on. With neckties! Who does that anymore? My friend and I are sitting there with our Bronco purple on, and virtually every member of the team and coaching staff stopped by to congratulate us on a well played game. We were just fans! I was very impressed to say the least. I don't know what they put in that ice cream, but it ain't spite!

Oh and the refs weren't that bad. The one interference call everyone is so hung up on was a good no call. The ball was 15 yards overthrown. No player had a chance at the ball. A missed holding here or there....that happens every game. Believe me, the refs were 10x better than the ones at the Dayton game last night.

As far as I could tell, there was good sportsmanship for the most part on both sides. In every big game the team that's behind usually has a kid or two that might get frustrated and let their emotions get the best of them. Just football folks.

Good game as expected.  I think PNG was in shock after the first half.  One thing that I was dissapointed about was the unsportsmanlike conduct at the end of the game.  That made it seem like they gave up, atleast untill the fumble.  I heard all week how well disciplened they were, so it was surprising.  Mental collapse by Brenham's defense in the second half.  Gonna have to get use to that no-huddle.  Angleton might try it now.  Good season PNG.  Go cubs!!!! 

I agree, it was a good game!  I think our players went into this game with a lot of bottled up emotion after the death of  a classmate last week, and just let it out at the end of the game.  A lot of them were friends with the boy and some were on the soccer team with him.  Not making excuses for them, just saying it had been a very emotional couple of days heading into that game. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder