*PN-G vs. Brenham Playoff Updates..Brenham Advances!/Comments*

KFDM COOP

77, keep hating we will keep supporting. Brenham was the better team last night, always good and bad calls in all games. 

If you are a Brenham fan I hope you team goes all the way, they are well coached and good athlete's. Most showed class, as with all young people in today's society some just don't have the upbringing to win with dignity or even spell it!

The true good kid's always have bright future's, some because of the talent get lucky and have a good run for a while but Karma will catch up!

Go NDN's and good luck Cub's!

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what is strange?  It seems like PNG came out and started the game nervous, had the jitters, and made a lot of mental and physical mistakes in the first half.  Almost like the big crowd worked to Brenham's advantage.  Come to think of it, didn't I read someone predict that would happen?  Who was that?  Hmmmmmm!   ;D  

From an outsider looking in...

Brenham clearly had the better ability and should have won the game like they did..

Number 81 is one heck of an athelete..

PNG boys have huge hearts..

Worst officiating crew Ive seen in 40 years of watching high school football games..

Brenham coaches should be ashamed for letting their kids showboat like they do... Ive never seen high school kids allowed to line up and dance before every kickoff...Ive also never seen kids CLEARLY coached to take centerfield on the fifty as the take the field..it was like whatching a crumy remake of remember the Titans.

Although PNG lost..the atleast kept their dignity and played with heart and class..

There is no room for showboating in High School sports PERIOD.

Brenham should advance to state ..if they can keep their composure.. which may be a dificult thing for them to do...atleast from me seeing them play for the first time last night, they clearly arent asked to keep their composure to much.

I see now why PNG has the program they do. I think they are a school that typicaly doesnt have the biggest or fastest or strongest kids, but they compete above their abilities by shear heart and determination and pride. These three things will take you much furthur than ability alone. This was my third chance...well fourth chance to see PNG ever play if you count the 1975 season and from an outsider looking in...It was a blessing to see a football team these days play the game like it is meant to be played. Im not sure what PNG has coming back next season, but I look forward to traveling next year to follow the Indians in the playoffs.

The fight song and dancing Indian is the coolest thing since sliced bread.

Good luck Brenham..I know it sounds like a negative post about some things to do with your team..but I do hope you guys win next week and take it all the way. You definitely have the talent for it. If you don't win it...i'd be wanting to question the coaching. Was a really bad choice to try and score at the end of the game..take a knee it's over..it almost cost you the game...but then again...it would have given your kids a chance to do their dance routine before the kickoff..sorry for the tone of this post..but there is nothing that makes me sicker than to see that kind of crud on a football field... youth sports to pro's..there is just no room for it. anyhow good luck Brenham..im sure i'll make the drive next weekend and see how ya'll fair out.

Guest VBC1522
I am a PNG fan and I was there last night. I think they did a good job to make the game as close as it was. Brenham seemed Bigger, Faster, and Stronger. I think the better team won but PNG almost pulled the upset. How did they lose to Waller?

They are playing for a state championship today in volleyball and if they play like they did in the first half for the rest of the playoffs...I think they'll be playing for a state championship as well.

Good job by both teams and way to fight until the end Indians...way to fight.

Guest VBC1522
I don't know anything about Angleton except they are a running team right? They are going to have to have a big, strong, and fast offensive line to slow down Brenhams DL and LB's. Which...they very well might have...I don't know much about them.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="FriendswoodFan" post="714418" timestamp="1258827196"]
Angleton beats Brenham by 14 or more next week.  Bank on it.
[/quote]

If Diggs is not 100%, Angelton will lose.

Bank on it!

[quote name="Thunderlicious" post="714398" timestamp="1258825946"]
From an outsider looking in...

Brenham clearly had the better ability and should have won the game like they did..

Number 81 is one heck of an athelete..

PNG boys have huge hearts..

Worst officiating crew Ive seen in 40 years of watching high school football games..

Brenham coaches should be ashamed for letting their kids showboat like they do... Ive never seen high school kids allowed to line up and dance before every kickoff...Ive also never seen kids CLEARLY coached to take centerfield on the fifty as the take the field..it was like whatching a crumy remake of remember the Titans.

Although PNG lost..the atleast kept their dignity and played with heart and class..

There is no room for showboating in High School sports PERIOD.

Brenham should advance to state ..if they can keep their composure.. which may be a dificult thing for them to do...atleast from me seeing them play for the first time last night, they clearly arent asked to keep their composure to much.

I see now why PNG has the program they do. I think they are a school that typicaly doesnt have the biggest or fastest or strongest kids, but they compete above their abilities by shear heart and determination and pride. These three things will take you much furthur than ability alone. This was my third chance...well fourth chance to see PNG ever play if you count the 1975 season and from an outsider looking in...It was a blessing to see a football team these days play the game like it is meant to be played. Im not sure what PNG has coming back next season, but I look forward to traveling next year to follow the Indians in the playoffs.

The fight song and dancing Indian is the coolest thing since sliced bread.

Good luck Brenham..I know it sounds like a negative post about some things to do with your team..but I do hope you guys win next week and take it all the way. You definitely have the talent for it. If you don't win it...i'd be wanting to question the coaching. Was a really bad choice to try and score at the end of the game..take a knee it's over..it almost cost you the game...but then again...it would have given your kids a chance to do their dance routine before the kickoff..sorry for the tone of this post..but there is nothing that makes me sicker than to see that kind of crud on a football field... youth sports to pro's..there is just no room for it. anyhow good luck Brenham..im sure i'll make the drive next weekend and see how ya'll fair out.

[/quote]
obviously yuouve never been to a wos game because they do their thing before kickoff and i think it pumps them up alot so whats wrong with that

Well, I must admit, i'm dissapointed. i just knew the NDNs would be their next week. Now, I'm hoping my jags can produce a win. It does feel like last year. I hope the results are better than last year though. NDNs, hold y'alls heads up high. you did put up a fight. 27 21 isn't bad. you'll be there again next year. 20 4a is legit. The jags gotcha back. Great season NDNs, great season!!!!!!

This was an exciting game! Brenham came out playing hard and executing almost flawlessly. PNG played flat the first half, but came back in the second half and made a ballgame out of it. Brenham has a LOT of really good athletes. There were some odd officiating, but the calls went both ways. That is high school football. Good luck to the Cubs from here on out. Y'all make some noise for District III.
To the PNG team and coaches. Y'all were awesome. You have exceeded everyones expectations and had a GREAT season. Really looking forward to doing it again next year.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="714423" timestamp="1258827501"]
[quote author=FriendswoodFan link=topic=62736.msg714418#msg714418 date=1258827196]
Angleton beats Brenham by 14 or more next week.  Bank on it.
[/quote]

If Diggs is not 100%, Angelton will lose.

Bank on it!
[/quote]

If Diggs isn't 100%, they might be out of it in the next couple of hours. Of course, they are playing an HISD school, so maybe/maybe not.

[quote name="77" post="714371" timestamp="1258823834"]
[quote author=SD2009 link=topic=62736.msg714338#msg714338 date=1258821489]
[quote author=VegasNDN link=topic=62736.msg714321#msg714321 date=1258820521]

[/quote]
Excuses about the refs already geez. Yall lost get over it and get ready for next year. Brenham had more penalty yards anyways

[/quote] Why  was it not as good as you usally get at the reservation?
[/quote]

Now this has to be the most ignorant post I've read ALL YEAR.  77, if you new ANYTHING AT ALL about our season, you would know that the refs have been a thorn our side all year.  In fact, we get more favorable calls when we play on the road.  The "home" refs have been anything [i]but[/i] kind to us.

Why not stick to something you KNOW about....like maybe..........Legos or Tinker Toys.

Boy, you can spot a HATER from a mile away.

[quote name="bcjag09" post="714450" timestamp="1258829742"]
Well, I must admit, i'm dissapointed. i just knew the NDNs would be their next week. Now, I'm hoping my jags can produce a win. It does feel like last year. I hope the results are better than last year though. NDNs, hold y'alls heads up high. you did put up a fight. 27 21 isn't bad. you'll be there again next year. 20 4a is legit. The jags gotcha back. Great season NDNs, great season!!!!!!
[/quote]
Thanks Jag! Go make us proud, ya'll have what it takes to do it. We're behind ya'll all the way.

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="714489" timestamp="1258831698"]
[quote author=77 link=topic=62736.msg714371#msg714371 date=1258823834]
[quote author=SD2009 link=topic=62736.msg714338#msg714338 date=1258821489]
[quote author=VegasNDN link=topic=62736.msg714321#msg714321 date=1258820521]

[/quote]
Excuses about the refs already geez. Yall lost get over it and get ready for next year. Brenham had more penalty yards anyways

[/quote] Why  was it not as good as you usally get at the reservation?
[/quote]

Now this has to be the most ignorant post I've read ALL YEAR.  77, if you new ANYTHING AT ALL about our season, you would know that the refs have been a thorn our side all year.  In fact, we get more favorable calls when we play on the road.  The "home" refs have been anything [i]but[/i] kind to us.

Why not stick to something you KNOW about....like maybe..........Legos or Tinker Toys.

Boy, you can spot a HATER from a mile away.
[/quote]\
i have nothing against png but why do you all complaining about the refs week in and week out. yall went 11 and 1 you should be happy. hell i would! :)

Hey 77, SD2009 & Friendswood -

If you have the ability to absorb what you read (which is in question), you would notice I gave a ton of credit to the Brenham squad. None of you were, it seems, at the game. If you were at the game you would have noticed the blatant "lack of calls" that were not called on Brenham. Obvious, in your face calls that 7,000 people in the stadium saw but not the few officials on the field. Would the calls have mattered or made a difference? Maybe not. I was just stating a fact, not an opinion.  Bottom line, enjoy the victory. Don't be a soar winner by posting jabs at the obvious!

Congrats to Brenham on a hard -fought and well deserved victory. Brenham played hard and deserve credit for their win. PN-G played a tough game but came up just a little bit short. The Indians showed great effort and heart in playing to the end still with a chance to pull it out.Good luck to Brenham going forward in the play-offs. PN-G had a great season and should be proud, and excited about their prospects for next season.
Now, to all those making excuses because of the officiating--just let it go! I have been to every PN-G game this year, and no matter what the outcome of the game is I don't think blaming poor officiating is going to change anything. Do I think that the officiating in the PN-G  vs.  Brenham game was bad--YES! But you can never let the outcome of a game be decided by others, in otherwords, if you beat the opponent on the field then poor officiating or any other thing won't matter.
PN-G should be proud of their effort and playing to the last second,but it just wasn't meant to be last night!

[quote name="VegasNDN" post="714578" timestamp="1258836392"]
Hey 77, SD2009 & Friendswood -

If you have the ability to absorb what you read (which is in question), you would notice I gave a ton of credit to the Brenham squad. None of you were, it seems, at the game. If you were at the game you would have noticed the blatant "lack of calls" that were not called on Brenham. Obvious, in your face calls that 7,000 people in the stadium saw but not the few officials on the field. Would the calls have mattered or made a difference? Maybe not. I was just stating a fact, not an opinion.  Bottom line, enjoy the victory. Don't be a soar winner by posting jabs at the obvious!
[/quote]
Your the biggest sore loser I have ever talked to.  I never said anything bad about png. I stated that ya'll had a good year and should not be mad of the out come. But you have to be sore about it. I'm sorry you took it the wrong way. I'm sure the officials are a heck of a lot football smarter than you. They are the officials not you so you are wrong in that division. Good day to you.

Man, I have seen some poor losers in my day, but these Cubs are sore winners. They said in their paper they were motivated by the trash talking PNG fans did leading up to this game. Man if that is the only way you get up for a game I feel sorry for them.

I would say the officials were more up for the game than the Cubs were. I have never seen before when you tackle a receiver and not get a penalty. The taunting and the showboats were embarrassment. They looked like thugs in the hood.

They also said they were disrespected by the fans from PNG. This also sounds like a bunch of babies to me. If they look for external forces to get motivated and not a desire from the inside of the player, they have a lot to learn about life.

I would think you would wish the team that beat you good luck in the future. (You always want to get beat by the best team in the state, it makes you look better if you they win it all). But I don’t see how you could wish these guys good luck in the future.

They will get what is coming to them, if they have an honest zebra group that is.

Congratulations to the PNG players and coaches for a fine season.  There is no shame in losing to a better team.

To the PNG fans, I am sure many of you are great people, and for you I am sad because you have an uncanny number of truly obnoxious, ignorant, sore (or should I say soar) losers among your ranks!  Nothing could be more fitting than the fact that their supposed "spirit" on this forum backfired on PNG by motivating the Brenham team!  A truly perfect end to the brief reign of such a bunch of loser fans!

Well, I have to go watch Friendswood advance to the next round of the playoffs!!  Bye bye PNG!   ;D ;)

[quote name="API steve" post="714767" timestamp="1258847321"]
Man, I have seen some poor losers in my day, but these Cubs are sore winners. They said in their paper they were motivated by the trash talking PNG fans did leading up to this game. Man if that is the only way you get up for a game I feel sorry for them.

I would say the officials were more up for the game than the Cubs were. I have never seen before when you tackle a receiver and not get a penalty. The taunting and the showboats were embarrassment. They looked like thugs in the hood.

They also said they were disrespected by the fans from PNG. This also sounds like a bunch of babies to me. If they look for external forces to get motivated and not a desire from the inside of the player, they have a lot to learn about life.

I would think you would wish the team that beat you good luck in the future. (You always want to get beat by the best team in the state, it makes you look better if you they win it all). But I don’t see how you could wish these guys good luck in the future.

They will get what is coming to them, if they have an honest zebra group that is.

[/quote]

GEEZ!  Now we start playing the race card!

[quote name="TXKBear" post="714935" timestamp="1258854093"]
[quote author=API steve link=topic=62736.msg714767#msg714767 date=1258847321]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Where?

[quote name="TXKBear" post="714935" timestamp="1258854093"]
[quote author=API steve link=topic=62736.msg714767#msg714767 date=1258847321]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I've been looking.....didn't see "race" in there anywhere.  Sounds like maybe YOU are.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder