19-4a vs 20-4a

tupac7

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="707423" timestamp="1258213009"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=62359.msg707388#msg707388 date=1258210653]
You are making it sound like PNG played a bad game.  they didn't.  yes you got inside the 30 a bit but it was the barbers hill D that stopped you not yourselves.  and that fumble on 4th, he was not getting the 1st anyway.
Barbers Hill's D played a great game last night. Proud of you boys.

PNG, for being the power house in that district, I was not that impressed. [b][b]They have not improved much from the beginning of the [/b[b]]season.[/b][/b] I don't know if the boys did not fire off last night, but to go to state, or even past the 2nd round, you are going to need way more than you showed last night.

[/quote]

REALLY???  Well, in your own coach's words..."[i]They improved a little, but we improved a lot"[/i].  Now, if we beat BH by 1 pt. last meeting, and BH improved "A LOT", then BH wins, hands down. HOWEVER, since PNG won by 13 MORE points than last time, then...

a) either BH actually GOT WORSE
b) Both teams improved, but PNG improved MORE   or
C) BH didn't improve at all, and PNG improved [i]some[/i] (enough to score 13 more points than previously).

Either way, your coach was obviously wrong about that, but...which one do YOU think is right????
[/quote]
exactly what i was thinking
apparently they aren't too fond of math on the hill

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="707423" timestamp="1258213009"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=62359.msg707388#msg707388 date=1258210653]
You are making it sound like PNG played a bad game.  they didn't.  yes you got inside the 30 a bit but it was the barbers hill D that stopped you not yourselves.  and that fumble on 4th, he was not getting the 1st anyway.
Barbers Hill's D played a great game last night. Proud of you boys.

PNG, for being the power house in that district, I was not that impressed. [b][b]They have not improved much from the beginning of the [/b[b]]season.[/b][/b] I don't know if the boys did not fire off last night, but to go to state, or even past the 2nd round, you are going to need way more than you showed last night.

[/quote]

Go back and read the article, It was not coach Price that quoted that it was a BH player. Good luck next week.

REALLY???  Well, in your own coach's words..."[i]They improved a little, but we improved a lot"[/i].  Now, if we beat BH by 1 pt. last meeting, and BH improved "A LOT", then BH wins, hands down. HOWEVER, since PNG won by 13 MORE points than last time, then...

a) either BH actually GOT WORSE
b) Both teams improved, but PNG improved MORE   or
C) BH didn't improve at all, and PNG improved [i]some[/i] (enough to score 13 more points than previously).

Either way, your coach was obviously wrong about that, but...which one do YOU think is right????
[/quote]

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="707440" timestamp="1258213608"]
Well, they also can't blame it on the refs.  For BH to have like ZERO penalties in the first 1/2 half is insane.
[/quote]

That quote was by a player not a coach. PNG has definitely improved. But IMO that game was still winnable until the tipped INT deep in BH territory. PNG made the plays when they had to, to seal the win. I think your running back was also a major difference. Your guys played solid disciplined football and represented 20 4A like a champion. I am proud of our young Eagles they played valiantly.

20 4A won the games they were supposed to win, after todays games we'll see how everything shakes out.

[quote name="UgotTRUCKED" post="707469" timestamp="1258215468"]
[quote author=PNG Proud link=topic=62359.msg707440#msg707440 date=1258213608]
Well, they also can't blame it on the refs.  For BH to have like ZERO penalties in the first 1/2 half is insane.
[/quote]

That quote was by a player not a coach. PNG has definitely improved. But IMO that game was still winnable until the tipped INT deep in BH territory. PNG made the plays when they had to, to [b]seal the win[/b]. I think your running back was also a major difference. Your guys played solid disciplined football and represented 20 4A like a champion. I am proud of our young Eagles they played valiantly.

20 4A won the games they were supposed to win, after todays games we'll see how everything shakes out.
[/quote]

I don't know if I would say "steal the win"....  but I agree that discipline probably was the turning point of how PN-G was able to walk away with a win. Harmon was also a factor.

Great game by the Hil......

[quote name="KHS 89" post="707474" timestamp="1258215689"]
[quote author=UgotTRUCKED link=topic=62359.msg707469#msg707469 date=1258215468]
[/quote]

That quote was by a player not a coach. PNG has definitely improved. But IMO that game was still winnable until the tipped INT deep in BH territory. PNG made the plays when they had to, to [b]seal the win[/b]. I think your running back was also a major difference. Your guys played solid disciplined football and represented 20 4A like a champion. I am proud of our young Eagles they played valiantly.

[/quote]

I don't know if I would say "steal the win"....  but I agree that discipline probably was the turning point of how PN-G was able to walk away with a win. Harmon was also a factor.

[/quote]

Read it again it says seal the win!

[quote name="UgotTRUCKED" post="707480" timestamp="1258216036"]
[quote author=KHS 89 link=topic=62359.msg707474#msg707474 date=1258215689]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I stand corrected....  sorry..  eyes not good and awake this morning.  ;)

[quote name="KHS 89" post="707483" timestamp="1258216158"]
[quote author=UgotTRUCKED link=topic=62359.msg707480#msg707480 date=1258216036]
[quote author=KHS 89 link=topic=62359.msg707474#msg707474 date=1258215689]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I stand corrected....  sorry..  eyes not good and awake this morning.   ;)

[/quote]

I totally understand, and I had to go to work today.  ???

[quote name="COUCH TATER" post="707044" timestamp="1258175463"]
First time I've seen PNG was tonight. IMO they are a solid team, well coached, have a good selection of plays, play very good defense, Harmon is solid, but lack the game breaker. The defense really stepped up in the second half and PNG was definitely the better team, but they let BH hang around. Being that I've only seen them this one time and all the hype I've heard, I wasn't as impressed as I was expecting. Sorry PNG fans. Maybe they will prove me wrong. Good luck next round.
[/quote]

I agree with that assessment. It was my first time to see PNG as well and they played a good game, and more importantly got the job done, but it was very different than I expected based on everything I have heard. Never the less, you still got the job done so congratulations for that and best of luck!

[quote name="akifan94" post="707370" timestamp="1258209382"]
[quote author=7mary3 link=topic=62359.msg707355#msg707355 date=1258207890]
I definetely think PNG had their eyes opened lastnight.  Of course the two teams playing each other at the beginning of the year exposed things on both sides so I'm sure that helped with the game plans for this game.  IMO there is really no team that stands above the rest.  It's there for the taking.
[/quote]

The only thing that stopped PN-G last night was themselves. 4 drives inside the 30 killed by penalties and a fumble. Barbers Hill played a good hard hitting game but lets not get carried away. They had 213 yards of offense for the night. They had 76 yards rushing with two runs accounting for 80 of those (that's right...negative yards rushing the rest of the night).....A busted play where the QB fumbled and the defense ran to the ball only to have it bounce right back to the qb where he made a last second pitch and another 35 on the last play of the half with our defense in prevent and him just running around with no chance of scoring. Up until the final 3 minutes BH had ONE penalty and ZERO turnovers for the night. They gave it all they had and it was not enough.

[/quote]
Yeah yeah yeah, here we go....no excuses needed.  Welcome back to the playoffs where anything can happen on any given night.  Kind of puts a new twist to the 4 team playoff advancement.  Brenham is going to give PNG a little better contest next week.  Still not impressed but will see what happens.

Agree....
Odds are...
Central and PN-G won by a combined 28 points.  I could easily see Crosby and or Dayton winning today by at least that amount.  The #3 and #4 seeds of 19-4A gave the #1 and #2 seeds of 20-4A all they could handle.
[/quote]

OK.. let me see if I can get this right.  You want to make it sound like 19-4A is the stronger district.  Crosby beat you by how many?  PNG beat Crosby by how many?  You know... I sit here and read all of these post by the folks across the Trinty River.  They spend a lot of time on here bashing out SETX Teams.  How bad there are, how weak their players are, how better their teams are.....  Well  the last time I checked, this was SETX Sports.  Do you live in Southeast Texas?  IE.. the Golden Triangle.  Maybe it is time you boys step up and make yourself a website.  That was you not have to waste your time hearing all of us SETX Teams cry.  How many other people in the Golden Triangle think I am right?

[quote name="PFSTX" post="707715" timestamp="1258228933"]
Agree....
Odds are...
Central and PN-G won by a combined 28 points.  I could easily see Crosby and or Dayton winning today by at least that amount.  The #3 and #4 seeds of 19-4A gave the #1 and #2 seeds of 20-4A all they could handle.
[/quote]

OK.. let me see if I can get this right.  You want to make it sound like 19-4A is the stronger district.  Crosby beat you by how many?  PNG beat Crosby by how many?  You know... I sit here and read all of these post by the folks across the Trinty River.  They spend a lot of time on here bashing out SETX Teams.  How bad there are, how weak their players are, how better their teams are.....  Well  the last time I checked, this was SETX Sports.  Do you live in Southeast Texas?  IE.. the Golden Triangle.  Maybe it is time you boys step up and make yourself a website.  That was you not have to waste your time hearing all of us SETX Teams cry.  [b]How many other people in the Golden Triangle think I am right?[/b][/quote]

probably none....

SETX encompasses a much larger area than the GT. If you weren't so new to the board, you would have been privy to the many discussions about that topic that have been on this board. How about this... if you don't want to read what ALL southeast texas has to say about this area's football.... don't get on the site. Go look at a map and have a nice day. ;)

[quote name="dayton" post="707740" timestamp="1258229625"]
[quote author=PFSTX link=topic=62359.msg707715#msg707715 date=1258228933]
Agree....
Odds are...
[/quote]

OK.. let me see if I can get this right.  You want to make it sound like 19-4A is the stronger district.  Crosby beat you by how many?  PNG beat Crosby by how many?  You know... I sit here and read all of these post by the folks across the Trinty River.  They spend a lot of time on here bashing out SETX Teams.  How bad there are, how weak their players are, how better their teams are.....  Well  the last time I checked, this was SETX Sports.  Do you live in Southeast Texas?  IE.. the Golden Triangle.  Maybe it is time you boys step up and make yourself a website.  That was you not have to waste your time hearing all of us SETX Teams cry.  [b]How many other people in the Golden Triangle think I am right?[/b][/quote]

probably none....

SETX encompasses a much larger area than the GT. If you weren't so new to the board, you would have been privy to the many discussions about that topic that have been on this board. How about this... if you don't want to read what ALL southeast texas has to say about this area's football.... don't get on the site. Go look at a map and have a nice day. ;)
[/quote]

It is so funny that you are judged by how many post you have.  I have lived in SETX all of my life.  Born at Baptist Hosp in Bmt, 1969.  Lived in Orange Co until I was in the 5th grade.  Moved to Hardin, lived there every since.  I really do not need a map.  I KNOW the area.  I have followed sports in SETX, Southeast Texas, since I played back in the late 80's.  I have watched teams in Southeast Texas at all levels.  I really do not remember Dayton every even being talked about until you moved over here for a short time.  I have a number of freinds that live over across the Trinity.  When asked where do you live, I do not know one of them that would say, "I live in Southeast Texas."  I would think they would say I live in the Houston Area.  But who cares... that was not my point.  

Now back to 19/20 4A,  my point is... it seems like everytime a 20 4A team wins, folks in a different district, that will only see us in the playoffs, have a comment, which is normally negitive.  My point was, why don't you boys from across the river start you a site so you do not have to waste your time on commenting on our weaker district.  When the playoffs come around, then come visit.    Oh and by the way, right now the score is 2-0, in favor of 20 4A.  Let's go priates and bulldogs, represent.  Either way, you will not have to hear any crow from me.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami