19-4a vs 20-4a

tupac7

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I either watched in person or via internet or listended to all 19-4A vs. 20-4A playoff games. They were all hard fought well played games, some bad calls, turnovers etc.. that's part of the game. All districts represented well, stop with the BS. Pull for all the teams in SETX to do well and enjoy the kids!

The PNG vs Barbers Hill game was a very cleanly called game. I sat on the PNG side and watched the game and I have never heard so much unjustified whining about ball spots, calls, non calls, IN MY LIFE. Almost every down that Barbers Hill had any sucess at all there were boos and cat calls going on all around me. Im used to some of that,, but man it was constant. With all due respect to my neighbors, just because its not going the way you want it to go does not automatically mean that the officials are cheating.

[quote name="Michael" post="709673" timestamp="1258387086"]
The PNG vs Barbers Hill game was a very cleanly called game. I sat on the PNG side and watched the game and I have never heard so much unjustified whining about ball spots, calls, non calls, IN MY LIFE. Almost every down that Barbers Hill had any sucess at all there were boos and cat calls going on all around me. Im used to some of that,, but man it was constant. With all due respect to my neighbors, just because its not going the way you want it to go does not automatically mean that the officials are cheating.
[/quote]

Is this post for real?  I mean, i get your point, kind of.  But do You think the BH fans weren't whining about every call, spot, non call that went against them?  For that matter, I'm betting every side at every game did the same thing.  It's what fans do.    What do you want them to do between plays?  Sit quietly and talk about the fine reffing job the stripes are doing?  Give me a break.                  ::)

[quote name="Michael" post="709673" timestamp="1258387086"]
[/quote]
I never said a word Friday night, but a lot of the ball spots seemed odd. The calls went both ways, so there was nothing to whine about. I never heard any complaining or booing where I was sitting. Even though the ball spots may have been questionable, it didn't really make a difference in the game. Otherwise it was a clean and fairly called game. Maybe us Port Neches fans are missing our "home cookin'" referees. There has been NONE of that this year!

Its called the "playoffs."  Even though PNG fans are extremely passionate, we become even MORE passionate when the playoffs come around.  Of course we know that not every call will go our way, but that doesn't stop us from thinking that we are always right.  Heck, it happens everywhere.  It even happens we are watching a game at home on tv.  Can anyone on this board honestly say that you haven't yelled at the tv when a call didn't go your teams' way?  Same principle applies at the PNG games.

[quote name="Dayton 2004" post="709839" timestamp="1258397051"]
LoL well at least we know Nederland and Vidor both getting ready for basketball season and Central nearly was too!. Brenham vs PNG gonna be ah great game but i'm pullin for PNG!. think we have a better chance of winning if we play them lmao..
[/quote]

GC and the Hill are also lacing up the sneakers.  Crosby almost joined them.  PNG doesn't much are who comes from 19-4A; they've already smoked your best.  lmao...

Vidor may very well have been yall's best.. lol Central barely beat a 2nd year team that won 1 or 2 games last year and PNG barely beat Central in 2OT's.. but if PNG and Dayton both keep playing, they will meet up.. LoL yea and it'll be an old beating jus like we used to give the Indians back in the day...

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="D3zii" post="709912" timestamp="1258400455"]
Dont get it wrong Dayton 2004..It was just a bad game for the offense.,idk mabe was due to the GCM defense but not really IMO..Not to take anything from GCM they have a good team..But i think we could of scored 32 in that game..
[/quote]

.....and GCM "could have" scored 34. What's your point? People tend to drop passes when they have had the snot knocked out of them a few times. I was under the impression that Central had a strong running game anyway.

Give GCM some credit and let's just leave it at that. The better team on Friday night, won on Friday night.

Im trying to make a point GCM Pat..And No you wouldent of scored 34.You only got in the red Zone one time while we were in the red zone i kno more then 5 times.I gave GCM credit..Their good and only held our offense to 7..im just saying we have to play better in the red zone to win deep in the playoffs

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="D3zii" post="709920" timestamp="1258400998"]
Im trying to make a point GCM Pat..And No you wouldent of scored 34.You only got in the red Zone one time while we were in the red zone i kno more then 5 times.I gave GCM credit..Their good and only held our offense to 7..im just saying we have to play better in the red zone to win deep in the playoffs
[/quote]

And just like your point, if things were different, GCM "could have" scored 34 points. That's all I am saying. However, things being how they were, the final was 7-0.

One missed tackle on a bad punt snap, one fumble on the 9. You never know how things might have come out.

Yes. Central had better start finishing drives against playoff savy teams.

[quote name="rollinac" post="709758" timestamp="1258391923"]
[size=16pt]Gonna try and squeeze myself into Thorne Stadium on Friday...then double-header Sat.  Let's give it to em...Go Broncos, Go Jags, Go NDNs and [/size] [size=10pt](vomit) go coogs[/size].
[/quote]

HAHHAH if we have our way you'll be vomiting weekly.

[quote name="westend1" post="709689" timestamp="1258388262"]
[quote author=Michael link=topic=62359.msg709673#msg709673 date=1258387086]
[/quote]

Is this post for real?   I mean, i get your point, kind of.   But do You think the BH fans weren't whining about every call, spot, non call that went against them?  For that matter, I'm betting every side at every game did the same thing.  It's what fans do.    What do you want them to do between plays?  Sit quietly and talk about the fine reffing job the stripes are doing?  Give me a break.                   ::)
[/quote]

lol, yeah its for real, but iIm not overly serious about this or any other post I make. ts just a gig that is actually true because it was worse than normal, even for PNG. I have sat at a lot of playoffs games for a lot of different teams and this one was the worst I have heard of any team. I get what happens when people get excited but it was sortof nuts.... I heard so much complaining about the spots that I actually stopped watching the game and started watching nothing but exactly where the plays were ending just to see if all the whining was for good reason, this ate up almost a whole quarter. What I saw was that almost every spot was as close to perfect as you can expect despite all the whining and it was no different for either team.

The bottom line is that although PNG is a good team, they are not a number 3 team in my opinion, at least not so far. Maybe they will get better next week. I want them to win state, but to me they are nowhere near good enough to legitimately be considered a serious threat for a state title. Unless there defense improves and their running game improves, the first time they run into a team that has top notch offensive and defensive lines with a good overall team performance they are going to get a rude awakening. They are not good enough to run over a legit contender from what I see.  Thats not my hope, that's a warning. My hope is that they win the whole thing!

[quote name="westend1" post="709990" timestamp="1258404804"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=62359.msg709986#msg709986 date=1258404604]
Let's just end this discussion here and now....

Rather the number is 19, 20,  or 22.... the strongest 4A district is the one Dayton is in!! ;D
[/quote]

LOL!   I guess that question is now answered.   
[/quote]

just wanted to free you guys up to respond to and drop some knowledge on the other topics. ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami