19-4a vs 20-4a

tupac7

[quote name="rollinac" post="707138" timestamp="1258177550"]
[quote author=injunfan21 link=topic=62359.msg707128#msg707128 date=1258177397]
when was Dayton's last State Championship?
[/quote]

Because that has something to do with THIS year??  Well if PNG is only satisfied WINNING state championships then they'll be vastly disappointed this year.  Revelation - PNG does not have the talent to win state this year.
[/quote]
your boy started the contest, not injun

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="vidor pirate" post="707139" timestamp="1258177580"]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=62359.msg707129#msg707129 date=1258177418]
[quote author=vidor pirate link=topic=62359.msg707119#msg707119 date=1258177230]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=62359.msg707113#msg707113 date=1258177137]
DUDE people stopped saying DUDE 5 years ago

Did they???  What do they say now??  I NEED to know...Vidor IS the center of social evolution and the capital of cosmopolitan....
[/quote]
we tend to call people by their names, you know, like human beings :-)
[/quote]

Haha you got me VP :).  Tell me you laughed at capital of cosmopolitan...no...maybe a little...cracked a smile maybe??
[/quote]
will admit, i cracked a smile there
[/quote]
I got a pretty good laugh from the infected hair.....really??  An Elephant's butt....HAHA!!

[quote name="vidor pirate" post="707135" timestamp="1258177513"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=62359.msg707131#msg707131 date=1258177453]
[quote author=vidor pirate link=topic=62359.msg707119#msg707119 date=1258177230]

Did they???  What do they say now??  I NEED to know...Vidor IS the center of social evolution and the capital of cosmopolitan....
[/quote]
[/quote]A dude is an individual, typically male, particularly somebody well dressed or who has never lived outside a big city...I guess that was an insult to you im sorry  what should I call u a pirate
[/quote]
Dude: an infected hair on an elephant's butt
according to webster
[/quote]WRONG AGAIN  www.merriam-webster.com  DUDE:1 : 1.a man extremely fastidious in dress and manner  2.2 : a city dweller unfamiliar with life on the range

[quote name="rollinac" post="707144" timestamp="1258177666"]
[quote author=vidor pirate link=topic=62359.msg707139#msg707139 date=1258177580]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=62359.msg707129#msg707129 date=1258177418]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Haha you got me VP :).  Tell me you laughed at capital of cosmopolitan...no...maybe a little...cracked a smile maybe??
[/quote]
will admit, i cracked a smile there
[/quote]
I got a pretty good laugh from the infected hair.....really??  An Elephant's butt....HAHA!!
[/quote]
yes, that is the actual definition, even I can't make that up

ETBU...at least we have a past....it includes 3 state championships...a #3 National Ranking in 1975.. the CURRENT record for attendence ever at a High School game at 50,000 plus..it goes on and on and on...We are rich in history. pride and tradition!! Dayton?  ?????????? enough said!!!

[quote name="injunfan21" post="707156" timestamp="1258177842"]
ETBU...at least we have a past....it includes 3 state championships...a #3 National Ranking in 1975.. the CURRENT record for attendence ever at a High School game at 50,000 plus..it goes on and on and on...We are rich in history. pride and tradition!! Dayton?  ?????????? enough said!!!
[/quote]

Aaaaah

[quote name="vidor pirate" post="707140" timestamp="1258177620"]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=62359.msg707138#msg707138 date=1258177550]
[/quote]

Because that has something to do with THIS year??  Well if PNG is only satisfied WINNING state championships then they'll be vastly disappointed this year.  Revelation - PNG does not have the talent to win state this year.
[/quote]
your boy started the contest, not injun
[/quote]
Yea but I do think last year has a lot more to do with today than before I was born....IDK, I'd rather play a team I could beat, BH, in round 1 then the reigning region champs personally.  

[quote name="injunfan21" post="707156" timestamp="1258177842"]
ETBU...at least we have a past....it includes 3 state championships...a #3 National Ranking in 1975.. the CURRENT record for attendence ever at a High School game at 50,000 plus..it goes on and on and on...We are rich in [b]history[/b]. pride and tradition!! Dayton?  ?????????? enough said!!!
[/quote]

The bold word is the key word.  Notice that GAME BREAKING TALENT was not included in that.  34 years ago relates not to today....1999 relates not to today.  2008 barely relates to today only because there are players from 2008 still playing in 2009.  

Dayton fans ran into some SSprings fans  today and was very complimentary of your Broncos from last year. Still talking about the title game last year with Dayton. . Couple of them said to tell you guys good luck and paid high regards to your teams. Now back to "Golden Years" with PNG. ???

[quote name="etbu" post="707168" timestamp="1258178388"]
Dayton fans ran into some SSprings fans  today and was very complimentary of your Broncos from last year. Still talking about the title game last year with Dayton. . Couple of them said to tell you guys good luck and paid high regards to your teams. Now back to "Golden Years" with PNG. ???
[/quote]

Yea there's nothing but high praise from this side too for SS.  EXCITING game...two high octane teams there for sure.

[quote name="jake94" post="707179" timestamp="1258178862"]
20-4a is now 5-0 vs. 19-4a this season.

PN-G over Barbers Hill
PN-G over Crosby
Lumberton over Barbers Hill
Central over Goose Creek Memorial
PN-G over Barbers Hill

The Saturday games will be much tougher though.
[/quote]Lets make it 7-0 tomorrow dogs and pirates

Ok some of the quotes i've seen throughout this year about 19-4a

After Crosby-Dayton game

"wow never expected that, maybe Crosby ahs caught up to Dayton ... It used to be dayton all alone in that district"

After PNG game...

"those cougars don't look like they could beat anyone"

After BH game
Great Game... Looks like Crosby and Dayton are still the class of the district.

"after the Nederland Game Prediction"
Yall got lucky...

Response will be lucky? we beat you by 21. ?

Hay, and at the WOS-Coldspring game i was talking with a guy who went to LCM, asked him what he thought of 20-4a he said well, we win more in 20-4a.

Nuff said.. BH came into 19-4a (was an extremely good team in 3a and they struggle against Dayton and Crosby) LCM goes into your district and gets more wins than when they were in 3a... I think I've proven my point.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="707278" timestamp="1258183314"]
Hay, and at the WOS-Coldspring game i was talking with a guy who went to LCM, asked him what he thought of 20-4a he said well, we win more in 20-4a.

Nuff said.. BH came into 19-4a (was an extremely good team in 3a and they struggle against Dayton and Crosby) LCM goes into your district and gets more wins than when they were in 3a... I think I've proven my point.
[/quote]

???, and what is LCM's record since coming to 20-4A. It's not very good, I think they had one or two decent years. Your just trying to start mess. The kid must of been in band or something or the Debate team cause in football they haven't won a whole lot. Not dogging them just saying.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="707281" timestamp="1258183522"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=62359.msg707278#msg707278 date=1258183314]

[/quote]

???, and what is LCM's record since coming to 20-4A. It's not very good, I think they had one or two decent years. Your just trying to start mess. The kid must of been in band or something or the Debate team cause in football they haven't won a whole lot. Not dogging them just saying.
[/quote]

They didn't win much in thier 3a division either...

[quote name="rollinac" post="707138" timestamp="1258177550"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

No disrespect to PNG, and I have never agreed with Rollinac, but he is right on target here.  State Championship teams don't struggle with a 4th place team and will always play at a different level than anyone PNG has played or ever will this year.  There is a SIGNIFICANT difference between PNG and Lake Travis, Dallas Carter, Longview.....etc.... Again, no disrespect because Faircloth has taken an average bunch of kids and got the best out of them.  Good luck with Brenham.

I definetely think PNG had their eyes opened lastnight.  Of course the two teams playing each other at the beginning of the year exposed things on both sides so I'm sure that helped with the game plans for this game.  IMO there is really no team that stands above the rest.  It's there for the taking.

[quote name="7mary3" post="707355" timestamp="1258207890"]
I definetely think PNG had their eyes opened lastnight.  Of course the two teams playing each other at the beginning of the year exposed things on both sides so I'm sure that helped with the game plans for this game.  IMO there is really no team that stands above the rest.  It's there for the taking.
[/quote]

The only thing that stopped PN-G last night was themselves. 4 drives inside the 30 killed by penalties and a fumble. Barbers Hill played a good hard hitting game but lets not get carried away. They had 213 yards of offense for the night. They had 76 yards rushing with two runs accounting for 80 of those (that's right...negative yards rushing the rest of the night).....A busted play where the QB fumbled and the defense ran to the ball only to have it bounce right back to the qb where he made a last second pitch and another 35 on the last play of the half with our defense in prevent and him just running around with no chance of scoring. Up until the final 3 minutes BH had ONE penalty and ZERO turnovers for the night. They gave it all they had and it was not enough.

You are making it sound like PNG played a bad game.  they didn't.  yes you got inside the 30 a bit but it was the barbers hill D that stopped you not yourselves.  and that fumble on 4th, he was not getting the 1st anyway.
Barbers Hill's D played a great game last night. Proud of you boys.

PNG, for being the power house in that district, I was not that impressed. They have not improved much from the beginning of the season. I don't know if the boys did not fire off last night, but to go to state, or even past the 2nd round, you are going to need way more than you showed last night.

[quote name="hitman009" post="707388" timestamp="1258210653"]
You are making it sound like PNG played a bad game.  they didn't.  yes you got inside the 30 a bit but it was the barbers hill D that stopped you not yourselves.  and that fumble on 4th, he was not getting the 1st anyway.

PNG, for being the power house in that district, I was not that impressed. They have not improved much from the beginning of the season. I don't know if the boys did not fire off last night, but to go to state, or even past the 2nd round, you are going to need way more than you showed last night.

[/quote]
Agree....
Odds are...
Central and PN-G won by a combined 28 points.  I could easily see Crosby and or Dayton winning today by at least that amount.  The #3 and #4 seeds of 19-4A gave the #1 and #2 seeds of 20-4A all they could handle.

[quote name="hitman009" post="707388" timestamp="1258210653"]
You are making it sound like PNG played a bad game.  they didn't.  yes you got inside the 30 a bit but it was the barbers hill D that stopped you not yourselves.  and that fumble on 4th, he was not getting the 1st anyway.

PNG, for being the power house in that district, I was not that impressed. [b][b]They have not improved much from the beginning of the [/b[b]]season.[/b][/b] I don't know if the boys did not fire off last night, but to go to state, or even past the 2nd round, you are going to need way more than you showed last night.

[/quote]

REALLY???  Well, in your own coach's words..."[i]They improved a little, but we improved a lot"[/i].  Now, if we beat BH by 1 pt. last meeting, and BH improved "A LOT", then BH wins, hands down. HOWEVER, since PNG won by 13 MORE points than last time, then...

a) either BH actually GOT WORSE
b) Both teams improved, but PNG improved MORE   or
C) BH didn't improve at all, and PNG improved [i]some[/i] (enough to score 13 more points than previously).

Either way, your coach was obviously wrong about that, but...which one do YOU think is right????

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder