Thoughts from Central vs PN-G

babyshoe

1. Central is one heck of a tough team and those boys in the backfield can dance like Mini- Barry Sanders. Impressive Speed.

2. The kid who returned the fumble for Central.  Was that Usain Bolt?  Fastest kid alive IMO.

3.  Central Band was as entertaining as it gets.  It was my first time to see them (been in Air Force last 11 years) and I enjoyed every minute.  And whoever "Big Girl" is..... that was pure greatness.

4.  Fairly decent sportsmanship overall. 

5.  Sad to see The Babe go... not a bad stadium if it had a few "upgrades"

6.  PN-G needed a game like this. Tough battle. 

7.  To those who left when Central scored the go ahead TD and missed the Dunbar runback... I say to you... "ha ha"

8.  Prayers to the person carted off in Ambulance.  I hope that person is ok.

9.  Outstanding Crowd tonight.  Loud and Proud.

10.  Great effort Central.  Sorry those boys lost it like that on the last game ever in that stadium but PN-G gutted it out in the end.  Way to Go Indians! 

11.  To Barbers Hill. Fasten your seat belts.  It's going to be a bumpy ride next week.  Expect Turbulence.  And a loss.  Boom. Roasted.

12... if anyone sees my voice.. I'm going to need that back.

[quote name="babyshoe" post="700357" timestamp="1257574035"]
1. Central is one heck of a tough team and those boys in the backfield can dance like Mini- Barry Sanders. Impressive Speed.

2. The kid who returned the fumble for Central.  Was that Usain Bolt?  Fastest kid alive IMO.

3.  Central Band was as entertaining as it gets.  It was my first time to see them (been in Air Force last 11 years) and I enjoyed every minute.  And whoever "Big Girl" is..... that was pure greatness.

7.  To those who left when Central scored the go ahead TD and missed the Dunbar runback... I say to you... "ha ha"

10.  Great effort Central.  Sorry those boys lost it like that on the last game ever in that stadium but PN-G gutted it out in the end.  Way to Go Indians! 

11.  To Barbers Hill. Fasten your seat belts.  It's going to be a bumpy ride next week.  Expect Turbulence.  And a loss.  Boom. Roasted.

[b]12... if anyone sees my voice.. I'm going to need that back.[/b]
[/quote]

Ain't that the truth

[quote name="babyshoe" post="700357" timestamp="1257574035"]

12... if anyone sees my voice.. I'm going to need that back.
[/quote]

#5 is true except for the bird shat in the stands.

[quote name="Old61Eagle" post="700402" timestamp="1257574707"]
But it now looks as though this wasn't the last game at the Babe.  Central has a chance to shut the Babe down with a victory.  Good luck Central.  You gave my Indians all we could handled.  Shame one team had to lose.
[/quote]

What's the deal about them playing there again?

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="700470" timestamp="1257577659"]
[quote author=Old61Eagle link=topic=62018.msg700441#msg700441 date=1257576574]
Central will play Goose Creek Memerial (sp?) at the Babe next Friday night in the playoffs.
[/quote

Y?
[/quote] I think Central and GC Memorial flipped on homefield...  and I guess that they lost...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="700475" timestamp="1257577879"]
[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=62018.msg700470#msg700470 date=1257577659]
[quote author=Old61Eagle link=topic=62018.msg700441#msg700441 date=1257576574]
Central will play Goose Creek Memerial (sp?) at the Babe next Friday night in the playoffs.
[/quote

Y?
[/quote] I think Central and GC Memorial flipped on homefield...  and I guess that they lost...
[/quote]

Soulja, after next Friday night, that won't be the only thing they lost  ;D

I hated to see a team lose after watching that game. Central had the game in hand and did not even need to make the extra point to win. Actually if the kicker would not have missed the previous extra point then the last one would not have mattered because they would have been up by 3pts instead of 2.  For PNG to win with 5 turnovers really shows that you can never give up no matter how bad things seem to be going. Central by far was the fastest team I have seen all year. #44 needs to be in the backfield also. He has the speed that the other backs have but he is twice their size. You could say that if Central had a kicking game then they would have won but you could also say that if PNG would not have turned the ball over 5 times then the game would not have been as close. My father has been a high school coach for 35 years and he has never seen a team run back a 2pt conversion in high school ever. That was an ESPN highlight. By far the best high school game that I have seen since we beat WOS in 1992 on a 2pt conversion. GOOD LUCK CENTRAL in the playoffs. You are the most talented team by far in the district and you record is not representative of the caliber of players and coaches that are in the program. Good luck to both teams !!!!!!

Faircloth came over after the game and had some nice words for #44 Jacoby Hale from Central while he was colapsed in disbelief after the game.  This is what true class is about.  Faircloth as well as every other fan and coach in the stadium know that this kid was involved in about 75% of the plays tonight.  (He tood a BIIIG Gatorade shower shortly after.  Good deal that Hale stayed talking to him and took a few steps back so they could get him good!  ha ha)  I hope he stays in the district for years to come.  He's a keeper, Indian Nation...

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="700526" timestamp="1257598927"]
Faircloth came over after the game and had some nice words for #44 Jacoby Hale from Central while he was colapsed in disbelief after the game.  This is what true class is about.  Faircloth as well as every other fan and coach in the stadium know that this kid was involved in about 75% of the plays tonight.  (He tood a BIIIG Gatorade shower shortly after.  Good deal that Hale stayed talking to him and took a few steps back so they could get him good!  ha ha)  I hope he stays in the district for years to come.  He's a keeper, Indian Nation...
[/quote]

Here's a little karma kiss on this one soulja.  This is very classy.

Hale gets my vote for Defensive MVP in this district. Hands down. He was stellar all night. Harmon never broke a long run and that had a lot to do with Mr. Hales tackling ability. Central's LB's did a great job of tackling. Not many broken tackles. PNG on the other hand spent much of the evening trying to strip the ball and the Central backs did an outstanding job of keeping their legs churning to break those tackles.

Two very good teams in one very wild game that we will all remember for years to come. Thank you to both teams for your passion for the game and entertaining us all. Good luck to the Jags. Beat the h3!! outa Goose Creek!!!

Sad to say I was one of those who got a head start after Centrals last TD  :-\!  Only because my Mom was with me an she has a hard time getting around, so we were trying to beat the crowd.  Well, we were under the stands when the fans went CRAZY...I dropped all my stuff on the grass and ran to the fence to see what happened...didn't see the run back so I had no idea what had just happened, but I knew it was good...someone kindly filled me in!  ;D  I will NEVER to that again...cause I know them NDN's never quit until the last second tics off the clock...way to go boys...taught me a good lesson! 

[quote name="NDNfan91" post="700754" timestamp="1257614360"]
Sad to say I was one of those who got a head start after Centrals last TD  :-\!  Only because my Mom was with me an she has a hard time getting around, so we were trying to beat the crowd.  Well, we were under the stands when the fans went CRAZY...I dropped all my stuff on the grass and ran to the fence to see what happened...didn't see the run back so I had no idea what had just happened, but I knew it was good...someone kindly filled me in!  ;D  I will NEVER to that again...cause I know them NDN's never quit until the last second tics off the clock...way to go boys...taught me a good lesson! 
[/quote]

Nope NDN you were right the first time---family first, especially the women and children.  LOL

I just watched the game.  Really an interesting matchup.  Central needs to be able to pass a little better.  PNG is a typical PNG team.  Could use more speed but great discipline.  Central sure didn't get any home cooking in this one.  I thought the personal foul that let PNG score the go ahead touchdown was a pretty picky call.  The blocked PAT/return was unbelievable.

One of the best games I have ever seen.  Neither team quit and it had a little bit of everything you can imagine in a ball game.  Lots of great athletes on both sides, sad that one team had to lose.  If was fun to watch and enjoyed the school spirit on both sides.  That is what it is all about.  Never give up and never surrender. I'm glad my daughter asked me to go.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476