Vidor vs. Dayton Predictions?

[quote name="Pirates73" post="703940" timestamp="1257912531"]
;)Keep it up Dayton right up to when the final gun sounds and you go home with head between you tail.  Dayton has always been cocky and too full of yourself.  This comes from someone who played ball against you back in the early 70's. 8) :-*
[/quote]

You serious? Holding a grudge from the seventies? Come to Huffman and I will give you a hug. Dayton in a beatdown.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="7mary3" post="703427" timestamp="1257870122"]
I hope the game is close myself.  Vidor has nothing to lose so I'm sure Dayton will see a few trick plays here and there and lot's of play action.  Again SPEED WINS this one.  Dayton by two touchdowns.
[/quote]
you have become cumbersome to this thread...
lol, sry i had 2

[quote name="jayhawk" post="703741" timestamp="1257896208"]
[quote author=VHS89 link=topic=62005.msg703730#msg703730 date=1257895606]
Concerning Daytons linebackers, I just spoke with a buddy of mine who lives in Dayton and he was saying that there has been tremendous movement of players at the inside linebacker position I assume that the ex running back is one of the current starters and that the other is an offensive lineman that has been moved there . Now he wasn't certain but he thought that they had only been playing at these positions for the last 2-3 games. Is this true if so that is not much experience to think that you can stop a running attack like Vidor has. I bet that the coach has a couple of things that these boys haven't ever seen before at least on the defensive side of the ball. I still get back to the same question who have you beaten??
[/quote] I might ask you the same question !
[/quote]
  Thank You seems to be all hes concerned about who Dayton has beaten.Well some say last year dont count some say it does cause alot of the players  returned this year so they have the experience of the playoff run.SO ima say Dayton beat everybody last year until the state finals.For the exception of Friendswood.  NOW so who has Vidor beaten.

[quote name="vidor96pirates" post="703867" timestamp="1257908079"]
The 3 teams Vidor lost to...... would Stomp all over dayton, and the rest of 19-4a.
[/quote]  BUT who have u beaten that is the question...

[quote name="vidor96pirates" post="703889" timestamp="1257909338"]
Dayton fans will be even more surprised when Vidor beats them by 2 touchdowns, and Nederland pounds Crosby. All of 19-4a will be sitting at home after round 1 . There is the fearless prediction..lol
[/quote] now now no need to get all huffy...

If Vidor will start throwing some short route dump passes they will have more success with their running game. I think #43 of Vidor has a great set of hands and can make some great catches. If Vidor does throw a bit more then Dayton will have a longer night than expected. A defense on the field all night gets exhausted after a few quarters. I'm pulling for our 20-4A team here. GO PIRATES the NDN'S are pulling for you !!!

Guest pirates
A little history between Vidor and Dayton.

1945 - Non-District - Vidor 24, Dayton 0
2006 - District - Vidor 7, Dayton 42
2007 - District - Vidor 0, Dayton 40

Dayton leads series 2-1

[quote name="octfeb" post="704022" timestamp="1257921232"]
[quote author=vidor96pirates link=topic=62005.msg703889#msg703889 date=1257909338]
Dayton fans will be even more surprised when Vidor beats them by 2 touchdowns, and Nederland pounds Crosby. All of 19-4a will be sitting at home after round 1 . There is the fearless prediction..lol
[/quote] now now no need to get all huffy...
[/quote]
How many times do we have to say we don't care about Crosby...THERE IS NO LOVE LOST BETWEEN US...beat'em by 100 for all I care.  I think Crosby is in the same boat as PNG and that is OVERRATED.  The Dogs have a really really good chance of beating Crosby.  A better chance than Vidor does against Dayton.

[quote name="Pirates" post="704037" timestamp="1257941265"]
A little history between Vidor and Dayton.

1945 - Non-District - Vidor 24, Dayton 0
2006 - District - Vidor 7, Dayton 42
2007 - District - Vidor 0, Dayton 40

Dayton leads series 2-1
[/quote]

I thought dayton and vidor had played more than that...

btw... where did the historical forum go..... maybe WOS87 decided to make some money off of all that work?

2009 Team Stats

Offense
Dayton - 2392 rush  1520 pass  3912 total yards  391.2/ game 35.9 pts/ game
Vidor -    3436          423        3859                  385.9          33.1

Defense
Dayton - 1012rush yds allowed  1072 pass yds  2084 total  208.4/ game 15.9 pts/ game
Vidor -    1314                        1392              2706        270.6          21.7

i know we had a great offense last year. every year dayton has the talent to reload. might see a different offense every year. but, we have the talent every year to make the play-offs. got a lot of talent yet to come. still got plenty of speed and still have a potent offense. made the play-offs 25 times. the last 14 years straight. .does that tell yall anything. that's called respect. like i said, bring your "A" game pirates. take your vitamin c pills. yall will need it. "GO BRONCOS" always believe ::) ::) ::)

[quote name="B.M.F." post="704107" timestamp="1257950883"]
20-4a is a mediocre district.  Dayton continues the domination of the brass triangle.  We love beating you guys.  Reality sets in for Vidor on saturday.....basketball begins monday.
[/quote]

I am having a conversation about that very thing right now, LOL!

[quote name="vidor96pirates" post="704087" timestamp="1257949132"]
If I were Dayton.....
I would scrap that 3-4 defense , because if you don't its gonna be a looooooooooong night.
[/quote]

Same D style that gave Vidor fits in 06 and 07.  Btw it's not really a traditional 3-4 from what I understand.  More like an odd stack hybrid.  I know this is a bit off topic but the 3-4 is every bit as effective as an even front against the run.  In fact, it changes the oline angles and routes to the blocking path and allows you to squeeze down against off tackle runs and clog the middle with the nose and 3 or 4 techs inside.  In run blocking, bigger o linemen have a harder time reaching a "stand up" player than they do defenders lined up right over them. Plus I'm sure against Vidor the Dayton will walk the safeties up in the box.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="GigemDoc" post="704113" timestamp="1257951318"]
[quote author=vidor96pirates link=topic=62005.msg704087#msg704087 date=1257949132]
If I were Dayton.....
I would scrap that 3-4 defense , because if you don't its gonna be a looooooooooong night.
[/quote]

Same D style that gave Vidor fits in 06 and 07.  Btw it's not really a traditional 3-4 from what I understand.  More like an odd stack hybrid.  I know this is a bit off topic but the 3-4 is every bit as effective as an even front against the run.  In fact, it changes the oline angles and routes to the blocking path and allows you to squeeze down against off tackle runs and clog the middle with the nose and 3 or 4 techs inside.  In run blocking, bigger o linemen have a harder time reaching a "stand up" player than they do defenders lined up right over them. Plus I'm sure against Vidor the Dayton will walk the safeties up in the box.
[/quote]

Everyone has a good game plan.
Until they get punched in the face.

Too may options on the Dayton side of the football. Very balanced offense.

Well coached with a ton of playoff experience. That should be enough.

The Bronco's should handle Vidor.

[quote name="GigemDoc" post="704113" timestamp="1257951318"]
[quote author=vidor96pirates link=topic=62005.msg704087#msg704087 date=1257949132]
If I were Dayton.....
[/quote]

[/quote]

Stop giving away all our secrets;)

Well Vidor wants to get on here and talk about some three headed monster runningback trio wow ok i'm pretty sure dayton goes up against scout teams better than them like bj jones or jakari imo but ya i'm not really worried  about the backs crossing and all the fakes at all because dayton won't be looking in the back field it's all about watching the big slow lineman that vidor has you will see what team speed is with technique on saturday.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder