Vidor vs. Dayton Predictions?

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen so many people bashing Vidor on this thread. These boys have worked hard to get to the playoffs. I think the deserve a little more respect than what some are giving them. I know some may not like Vidor and that is ok, that is their choice, but please dont come here to be negative. This is a predictions thread not a bashing thread. Good luck Pirates and good luck to all our area teams~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              I went back and reviewed previous threads and fail to see any bonafide Vidor bashing ! I see alot of "my team is better than your team" back and forth stuff going on. Vidor had one post that told Dayton to "stick it " that might be bashing? I didn't see anybody from Dayton complain about it though.  Don't think anyone has anything in particular against the town or the people heck I even have friends that live there.  This is the playoffs and all this stuff is just for fun ! We can take what we dish out so bring it on Vidor and you  better bring  your"A" game because the Bronco's are ready for another deep run this year ----

Second that....we'll take it just as well as we give it and there hasn't been any Vidor town/people bashing....it's a my team is better than your team with some funny commentary along the way.  Some of us HAVE seen Vidor play this year and the all run wing t just doesn't look like its going to give Dayton trouble.

[quote name="VHS95" post="703323" timestamp="1257861513"]
[quote author=Whereisthelove? link=topic=62005.msg703164#msg703164 date=1257826251]
Vidor is nothing but a running team. They've proved that they cannot pass the ball. Also, Vidor has a hard time defending the pass. Dayton wins BIG.
[/quote]

I dont know if you have seen any of our games or not, but Vidor can and does pass the ball.
[/quote]

I have seen Vidor play. All but 1 district game. The passing game isnt there. They try to pass and arent successful. The only pass that ever gets completed is a dump off pass to the halfback. And that doesnt always get completed. Besides that, the ball never gets completed or its a sack most of the time.

[quote name="rollinac" post="703184" timestamp="1257827843"]
It's only Monday and Saturday can't get here quickly enough!  Welcome to the playoffs Vidor; I hear it's been awhile.  You've seen the spread offense from PNG and Nederland but my guess is you haven't seen a 3-4 defense this season.  Gonna be coming at you from all angles Saturday
[/quote]
actually, we have seen several 3-4's this season... we run one ourselves... lol

[quote name="bronco4life" post="703331" timestamp="1257862260"]
What are yall talking about vidor goes about 1 for 4 everytime they pass the ball and you say vidor's o-line is big and mean hahahahahahahaha are you talking about where eveytime they pull they pretty much fall on there face...Dayton will wreck vidor and then throw at least 40 up on them this will be a track meet!
[/quote]
you are such an idiot its hilarious, i've tried to be nice on this thread, but i've had enough of these dayton fans and their attitude.

[quote name="Whereisthelove?" post="703404" timestamp="1257868075"]
[quote author=VHS95 link=topic=62005.msg703323#msg703323 date=1257861513]
[quote author=Whereisthelove? link=topic=62005.msg703164#msg703164 date=1257826251]
Vidor is nothing but a running team. They've proved that they cannot pass the ball. Also, Vidor has a hard time defending the pass. Dayton wins BIG.
[/quote]

I dont know if you have seen any of our games or not, but Vidor can and does pass the ball.
[/quote]

I have seen Vidor play. All but 1 district game. The passing game isnt there. They try to pass and arent successful. The only pass that ever gets completed is a dump off pass to the halfback. And that doesnt always get completed. Besides that, the ball never gets completed or its a sack most of the time.
[/quote]
because our tight end has never caught a pass...

[quote name="vidor pirate" post="703430" timestamp="1257870202"]
[quote author=Whereisthelove? link=topic=62005.msg703404#msg703404 date=1257868075]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

He gets overthrown. The tight end is prolly one of the best athletes yall got. QB has to stay clam and not panic, which leads to over throws and sacks

[quote name="vidor pirate" post="703426" timestamp="1257870026"]
[quote author=bronco4life link=topic=62005.msg703331#msg703331 date=1257862260]
What are yall talking about vidor goes about 1 for 4 everytime they pass the ball and you say vidor's o-line is big and mean hahahahahahahaha are you talking about where eveytime they pull they pretty much fall on there face...Dayton will wreck vidor and then throw at least 40 up on them this will be a track meet!
[/quote]
you are such an idiot its hilarious, i've tried to be nice on this thread, [b]but i've had enough of these dayton fans and their attitude.[/b][/quote]

boo hoo....

nobody's being serious. don't take it so personal.

It's only Monday and Saturday can't get here quickly enough!  Welcome to the playoffs Vidor; I hear it's been awhile.  You've seen the spread offense from PNG and Nederland but my guess is you haven't seen a 3-4 defense this season.  Gonna be coming at you from all angles Saturday
[/quote]

I doubt that Dayton is going to line up with a 3 man line against Vidor. Vidor has been running against 5 and 6 man lines all year, 8 and 9 men in the box. My point being I do not expect to see Dayton's usual defense, there will be changes.

[quote name="vp93" post="703507" timestamp="1257876742"]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=62005.msg703184#msg703184 date=1257827843]
[/quote]

I doubt that Dayton is going to line up with a 3 man line against Vidor. Vidor has been running against 5 and 6 man lines all year, 8 and 9 men in the box. My point being I do not expect to see Dayton's usual defense, there will be changes.
[/quote]

I don't know... we might have that many in the box we don't have the size for 5 down lineman to go against those huge O-lineman .... our speed at linebacker will have to make up for this.

[quote name="dayton" post="703516" timestamp="1257877272"]
[quote author=vp93 link=topic=62005.msg703507#msg703507 date=1257876742]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't know... we might have that many in the box we don't have the size for 5 down lineman to go against those huge O-lineman .... our speed at linebacker will have to make up for this.
[/quote]

If that's the case, it will be interesting to see how that plays out. I guess in theory you could instead do different run blitzes. My thought is that you will see some defensive lineman that you may not of seen. Either way it will be an interesting match up. I for one can't wait.

[quote name="vp93" post="703524" timestamp="1257877994"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=62005.msg703516#msg703516 date=1257877272]
[quote author=vp93 link=topic=62005.msg703507#msg703507 date=1257876742]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If that's the case, it will be interesting to see how that plays out. I guess in theory you could instead do different run blitzes. My thought is that you will see some defensive lineman that you may not of seen. Either way it will be an interesting match up.[b] I for one can't wait.[/b]
[/quote]

right there with ya.

I'm sure the Dayton coaches will have something good cooked up on Defense.

It's only Monday and Saturday can't get here quickly enough!  Welcome to the playoffs Vidor; I hear it's been awhile.  You've seen the spread offense from PNG and Nederland [b]but my guess is you haven't seen a 3-4 defense this season.  Gonna be coming at you from all angles Saturday[/b]
[/quote]
Actually they have seen a 3-4 this season...PNG.
Vidor ran 37 times for 182 yards, but Pitman went 60+ on the first play of the game for Vidor and our guys clamped down after that! thats 36/122 or 3.4 ypc! That's not good for a team that don't throw much.

I think Vidor has to come out with some playaction early and more often to soften up the middle. Gotta keep those speedy Dayton LB's and DB's guessing.

[quote name="Whereisthelove?" post="703450" timestamp="1257871634"]
[quote author=vidor pirate link=topic=62005.msg703430#msg703430 date=1257870202]
[quote author=Whereisthelove? link=topic=62005.msg703404#msg703404 date=1257868075]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

He gets overthrown. The tight end is prolly one of the best athletes yall got. QB has to stay clam and not panic, which leads to over throws and sacks
[/quote]
you are completely right there, but remember the qb is only a sophmore

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder