Vidor vs. Dayton Predictions?

[quote name="pirate68" post="702086" timestamp="1257733802"]
[quote author=rapayne link=topic=62005.msg702078#msg702078 date=1257733341]
[quote author=piratefan link=topic=62005.msg701939#msg701939 date=1257726599]
dang PNG proud... I would atleast think you would support a 20-4a team. From a mod to a mod I am a little disappointed in you..
[/quote]

Is there a time where Redskin, Cowboy, Eagle or Giants fans support one another ever???? JC would you people get over yourself in 20-4A!!!
[/quote]Hey knucklhead...We are talking about high school not professional football.Alot of these kids know each other and there parents work together in the local chemical plants.Most people in these communities support which ever local teams make the playoffs.
[/quote]

;D

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="701854" timestamp="1257721917"]
Dayton      by a whole bunch.

[/quote]

Well at least someone from 20 4A puts in their honest opinion.  After watching PNG/Central on Friday I still can't get that Cherokee song out of my head.  I actually had the song playing in a dream about Purple Indians....well NIGHTMARE LOL.

I was looking at the playoff bracket earlier and Dayton seems to be in a favorable spot. Yates has the best record at 9-1 and will likely play the the winner of the el campo (7-2) v sante fe (6-4) game.  The winner of dayton/vidor would get waller (4-6) or lockhart (5-5). It would suck to be from PNG and know that IF they win against barbers hill, they will likely be defeated by Brenham or Angleton. And yes, that was a shot across the bow of the indians.

[quote name="CATS80" post="702084" timestamp="1257733685"]
[quote author=rapayne link=topic=62005.msg702082#msg702082 date=1257733516]
[quote author=CATS80 link=topic=62005.msg702081#msg702081 date=1257733452]
dang PNG proud... I would atleast think you would support a 20-4a team. From a mod to a mod I am a little disappointed in you..
[/quote]

Is there a time where Redskin, Cowboy, Eagle or Giants fans support one another ever???? JC would you people get over yourself in 20-4A!!!
[/quote]
yes if there winning would help them to get to the playoffs ;D
[/quote]

LMAO! Im humbled there might be a case there!
[/quote]
;D Yes But that would be the only way :D ;D
[/quote][quote author=pirate68 link=topic=62005.msg702086#msg702086 date=1257733802]
[/quote]

[/quote]Hey knucklhead...We are talking about high school not professional football.Alot of these kids know each other and there parents work together in the local chemical plants.Most people in these communities support which ever local teams make the playoffs.
[/quote]

Where I come from a competitive sport is a competitve sport, so no we are talking sports! Bottom line ain't no body over here in Dayton saying go Crosby anytime soon!!!

[quote name="piratefan" post="701939" timestamp="1257726599"]
[/quote]

Support is rooting for them....at least he wants to be right predicting the score!

[quote name="rapayne" post="702106" timestamp="1257734947"]
[quote author=CATS80 link=topic=62005.msg702084#msg702084 date=1257733685]
[quote author=rapayne link=topic=62005.msg702082#msg702082 date=1257733516]
[quote author=CATS80 link=topic=62005.msg702081#msg702081 date=1257733452]
[/quote]

[/quote]
yes if there winning would help them to get to the playoffs ;D
[/quote]

LMAO! Im humbled there might be a case there!
[/quote]
;D Yes But that would be the only way :D ;D
[/quote][quote author=pirate68 link=topic=62005.msg702086#msg702086 date=1257733802]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Where I come from a competitive sport is a competitve sport, so no we are talking sports! Bottom line ain't no body over here in Dayton saying go Crosby anytime soon!!!
[/quote]I guess its just you because on this board alone i have seen people from 19-4a pulling for all there local teams.To each his own though.

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="702104" timestamp="1257734934"]
I was looking at the playoff bracket earlier and Dayton seems to be in a favorable spot. Yates has the best record at 9-1 and will likely play the the winner of the el campo (7-2) v sante fe (6-4) game.  The winner of dayton/vidor would get waller (4-6) or lockhart (5-5). It would suck to be from PNG and know that IF they win against barbers hill, they will likely be defeated by Brenham or Angleton. And yes, that was a shot across the bow of the indians.
[/quote]
PN-G is really in a tough part of the bracket.
Region III in 4A is really weak this year and is for the taking.
I think the top 4 teams in division II are PN-G, Angleton, Brenham, and Dayton (in no particular order).
Three of those teams are on the same side of the bracket.
I think the winner of the Dayton Vidor game rolls to the Quarter Finals, but from past experience, DON'T LOOK PAST THE WEEK YOU ARE IN!  The 19-4A division II 1st seed really did pull the easy part of the bracket.

Vidor has a hard time way from home.  Undefeated at home this year, and about the same most years.  But being that this a truly a neutral field and the emotions that go with making the playoffs, I pick Vidor 28-22.  Vidor was 4 points away from being 9-1 overall and 6-1 in one of the tougher districts in the state.  Just hold on to the ball and this should be a good one.

i think vidor will win this one rather easily  no-one can convince me that after losing what dayton lost from last year they can even be close to what they were over last 3 years i know that you still pull for your local team but come on dayton wouldnt fair well in 20=4a this year as for crosby trust me even though we have and are still playing through injuries you dont wanna approach or kick a injured dog you might just pull back a nub  kids are playing with a chip on thier shoulders as well as injuries  so keep saying they have no chance  these kids respond well to negative talk go !!!!   pirates!!! classy team with alotta pride !!!good atheletes as well!!!

This perhaps is the best chance the Pirates have had in awhile for their program and although they didn't win the distict like DCTF predicted they will not be underestimated by the Broncos.Coach Stewart and staff have proved time and again how to build a champion-14 straight yrs. of playoffs they've seen it all.Good tune-up game though as Angleton's offense is very similar only faster.Quote by Jake -Dayton should have no problem until the Brenham possible match-up.If the Broncos can take out Brenham again who knows how far they can go.DCTF

[quote name="silly365" post="702202" timestamp="1257738997"]
i think vidor will win this one rather easily  no-one can convince me that after losing what dayton lost from last year they can even be close to what they were over last 3 years i know that you still pull for your local team but come on dayton wouldnt fair well in 20=4a this year as for crosby trust me even though we have and are still playing through injuries you dont wanna approach or kick a injured dog you might just pull back a nub  kids are playing with a chip on thier shoulders as well as injuries  so keep saying they have no chance  these kids respond well to negative talk go !!!!   pirates!!! classy team with alotta pride !!!good atheletes as well!!!
[/quote]
  Im curious have u seen Dayton play this year?Just because Dayton lost Cody and AJ doesnt mean Dayton has lost all thier talent. ::)

Might save him some embarassment.
[/quote]I dont think hes worried about Dayton embarrassing him.Our worse loss was by 21 to PNG and 7 of those points came with under a minute to play. The other was a 1 point loss to Central and a 2 point loss in the slop to Ned. Keep thinking They will roll all over us. Being over confident can be deadly. Look what happened to them against Crosby.
[/quote]

Vidor lost to Nederland? And you think they can hang with Dayton? Dayton and FW was a great game. FW and Nederland was a blowout. Dayton rolls by 21!
[/quote]
I think that when you say Vidor lost to Nederland. It was only because the ref's did not see that the fumble that they called was really a forward pass that was not completed.

[quote name="liltex" post="702252" timestamp="1257740841"]
This perhaps is the best chance the Pirates have had in awhile for their program and although they didn't win the distict like DCTF predicted they will not be underestimated by the Broncos.Coach Stewart and staff have proved time and again how to build a champion-14 straight yrs. of playoffs they've seen it all.Good tune-up game though as Angleton's offense is very similar only faster.Quote by Jake -Dayton should have no problem until the Brenham possible match-up.If the Broncos can take out Brenham again who knows how far they can go.DCTF
[/quote]

god, the smug is choking me over there in dayton

Moss Hill to be exact.Those who know me will tell you straight up I talk some smack but most is true.I have nothin to do but research and post.I give my opinion honestly and could care less otherwise.I attend practices alot of times to see some kids progress-not just a part-time fan.HS Football is what I'm addicted to just because all of them play for a chance to excel at the next level.As far as other posters remarks about the past 2 yrs.-Yes 9 players from 08 are on or were invited to try out @nxt.level.The underclassmen got big time game experience because of the high octane Broncos were winning by lg.scores.Not to be sarcastic but I'd bet Coach Stewart @staff make it 20 straight playoff yrs.Silent network says he stays to see the talent in the 6th grade through before retiring.He's all smiles as his freshmen/soph players lately are playing excellant football in their new positions.Would like to say Good Luck,play hard,believe-still somebody will lose-doesn't make you a loser.Honestly the UIL did ya'll a huge favor moving Dayton out of the district they dominated every year-Kudos to the Raiders-Central to-the rest well you know the story.

[quote name="silly365" post="702202" timestamp="1257738997"]
i think [b]vidor will win this one rather easily  [/b] no-one can convince me that after losing what dayton lost from last year they can even be close to what they were over last 3 years i know that you still pull for your local team but [b]come on dayton wouldnt fair well in 20=4a [/b] this year as for crosby trust me even though we have and are still playing through injuries you dont wanna approach or kick a injured dog you might just pull back a nub  kids are playing with a chip on thier shoulders as well as injuries  so keep saying they have no chance  these kids respond well to negative talk go !!!!   pirates!!! classy team with alotta pride !!!good atheletes as well!!!
[/quote]

You are definitely Silly365...

I don't think either team wins this game "rather easily".  ::)

I think dayton would fare just fine in 20-4A. Our coaches do a GREAT job of preparing the kids, no matter who they're playing.

Some of you posters are hilarious.  Dayton's lucky they weren't in 20-4a this...Dayton lost all there talent that...Are your memories so short that you forgot that we have a PROGRAM here in Dayton?  We love that we have another chance to prove to the golden triangle ::) that they didn't invent football.  I hope those pirates can see that stomping that is coming...deep down you all know its true.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raza012
    Newest Member
    Raza012