Vidor vs. Dayton Predictions?

[quote name="bh89-2" post="700139" timestamp="1257570952"]
Dayton......  Vidor has not done well late in the season against a weaker district.
[/quote]Weaker district? Please! Vidor may not be the best in our district but our district is great. I think that Vidor can get the job done you should just worry about your own district and your own team. Not saying that its bad or anything but there is no reason for that.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be an up hill battle for the Pirates. I won't buy in to the "weaker district" bit. The two districts probably stack up well against each other. If the two were combined, I would still put PN-G at the top and Central in the #2 slot. After that, Crosby/Dayton/BH and then Nederland/Vidor. Just my two cents.
As for the game...I think 19-4A takes two of four (Dayton over Vidor/Crosby over Nederland). I wish the Pirates well but I do think playoff experience and sheer talent will lift the Broncos over the Pirates. Vidor is gritty but, unless Matthews discovers a passing game of some kind before next week (maybe a screen pass at least), it will probably be a long night for Vidor.

Dayton 34
Vidor 17

Dayton has 1 week to prepare for the wing T offense. This is an offense that can be very hard to defend if you dont see it much. I agree we will have to have the threat of the pass or atleast spread the defense out to be successful in the playoffs.Some teams in 20-4a had the luxury of seeing Livingston the week before we played them. Dayton will not have this advantage.This game will be close

Vidor-21
Broncs-17

[quote name="rollinac" post="700913" timestamp="1257626642"]
So is the triple option....like I said before, I don't care WHAT kind of offense you run you have to throw the ball to beat Dayton.  If you can't/don't then you won't win.
[/quote]Okay, Dayton wins I will tell coach Matthews to cancel all travel plans for Sat.

[quote name="rollinac" post="700919" timestamp="1257626921"]
Might save him some embarassment.
[/quote]I dont think hes worried about Dayton embarrassing him.Our worse loss was by 21 to PNG and 7 of those points came with under a minute to play. The other was a 1 point loss to Central and a 2 point loss in the slop to Ned. Keep thinking They will roll all over us. Being over confident can be deadly. Look what happened to them against Crosby.

My question is if Vidor's 3 headed monster is healthy.  Last I heard was that Pittman is banged up, Tate had a broken hand, and Peevey is banged up.  I don't know if this is true, but Vidor will need these 3 horses to compete at Dayton's level.  If any of these kids are hurt, Dayton by 2 scores.  If they are healthy, Vidor by 10.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="700936" timestamp="1257627657"]
My question is if Vidor's 3 headed monster is healthy.  Last I heard was that Pittman is banged up, Tate had a broken hand, and Peevey is banged up.  I don't know if this is true, but Vidor will need these 3 horses to compete at Dayton's level.  If any of these kids are hurt, Dayton by 2 scores.  If they are healthy, Vidor by 10.
[/quote]They are all healthy and all played well Friday..We had a freshman move up and play some safety Friday night soulja hes gonna be a good one. Td saving tackle on Jackson and a forced fumble.

Dayton has made some changes over the course of the season.  With their former running back now at linebacker, their front seven has speed, tenacity, and are becoming more and more disciplined.  I have definitely seen improvement in all facets of the game since the north forest game. I like the fact that they are still improving and have yet to peak.  I do wish that we would field more punts instead of letting the ball roll, but maybe there's a reason for that. The theme for this week against Vidor is a simple one, THE RUN IS DONE! Go Broncos!

[quote name="Piratefan23" post="701130" timestamp="1257638449"]
Anybody happen to see the Navy vs. Notre Dame game today? A primarily run team beat the Fighting Irish. So don't be over confident Broncos because this "primarily" run team could do the same thing. Go Pirates!
[/quote]The linebacker core is perhaps the best Dayton has ever had---Vidor will not be successful on the ground.

[quote name="pirate68" post="700934" timestamp="1257627372"]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=62005.msg700919#msg700919 date=1257626921]
Might save him some embarassment.
[/quote]I dont think hes worried about Dayton embarrassing him.Our worse loss was by 21 to PNG and 7 of those points came with under a minute to play. The other was a 1 point loss to Central and a 2 point loss in the slop to Ned. Keep thinking They will roll all over us. Being over confident can be deadly. Look what happened to them against Crosby.
[/quote]
I love it when someone says so and so is being over confident...I don't think any of the posters on here are the players or coaches saying the win is in the book for Dayton.  Mainly its a bunch of adults talking trash and pepn'up their team of choice BUT yes I think Dayton will take this one by 3 tds.  I just love being overconfident.  SPEED WINS THIS ONE.

If Dayton plays against Vidor the way they played against LBJ Austin.Dayton will win the game.
  That game was 36-2. ;D
      GO BRONCOS
      ALWAYS BELIEVE

[quote name="pirate68" post="701260" timestamp="1257647520"]
[quote author=the_dude_abides link=topic=62005.msg701240#msg701240 date=1257646275]
What type of defense does vidor play?
[/quote]slopper Knocking!! ;D
[/quote]
yeah vidor is going to get the true meaning of "slobber knockn"...

Vidor has its weakenesses (as does every team).  I have not seen Dayton play (I am sure that they are very good to run through 19-4A with only one loss).  But Vidor has some strengths.  I cannot be objective (as few of us can) as I will be pulling for Vidor as much as anyone come Saturday. 

But I sure hope that the Dayton players come as overconfident as the Dayton Message Boarders.  That could make for a long ride home back to Dayton.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    lufunom123
    Newest Member
    lufunom123