Vidor vs. Dayton Predictions?

[quote name="vp93" post="703507" timestamp="1257876742"]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=62005.msg703184#msg703184 date=1257827843]
It's only Monday and Saturday can't get here quickly enough!  Welcome to the playoffs Vidor; I hear it's been awhile.  You've seen the spread offense from PNG and Nederland but my guess is you haven't seen a 3-4 defense this season.  Gonna be coming at you from all angles Saturday
[/quote]

I doubt that Dayton is going to line up with a 3 man line against Vidor. Vidor has been running against 5 and 6 man lines all year, 8 and 9 men in the box. My point being I do not expect to see Dayton's usual defense, there will be changes.
[/quote]
yeah, central put 10 in the box on us lol i was like seriously? 5 down linemen 4 linebackers and a safety 5 yards from the line of scrimage? lol

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="vidor pirate" post="703547" timestamp="1257879413"]
[quote author=vp93 link=topic=62005.msg703507#msg703507 date=1257876742]
It's only Monday and Saturday can't get here quickly enough!  Welcome to the playoffs Vidor; I hear it's been awhile.  You've seen the spread offense from PNG and Nederland but my guess is you haven't seen a 3-4 defense this season.  Gonna be coming at you from all angles Saturday
[/quote]

I doubt that Dayton is going to line up with a 3 man line against Vidor. Vidor has been running against 5 and 6 man lines all year, 8 and 9 men in the box. My point being I do not expect to see Dayton's usual defense, there will be changes.
[/quote]
yeah, central put 10 in the box on us lol i was like seriously? 5 down linemen 4 linebackers and a safety 5 yards from the line of scrimage? lol
[/quote]We was playing to keep Vidor for Breaking long runs on us. We was banking on allowing them to get 4 or 5 yards a pop to cause turnovers.  It backfired on us as Vidor was content to those short yards and keep it comming.  Those 5 yard runs turned into 7 and 8 yard runs late in the Game.  I think if one takes chances early and attack the middle of that offense, you may be successful.  But you stand the chances of getting fooled by this tricky offense and allow them to break a big run.  It's a give and take type of deal.  

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="703558" timestamp="1257880053"]
[quote author=vidor pirate link=topic=62005.msg703547#msg703547 date=1257879413]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]We was playing to keep Vidor for Breaking long runs on us. We was banking on allowing them to get 4 or 5 yards a pop to cause turnovers.  It backfired on us as Vidor was content to those short yards and keep it comming.  Those 5 yard runs turned into 7 and 8 yard runs late in the Game.  I think if one takes chances early and attack the middle of that offense, you may be successful.  But you stand the chances of getting fooled by this tricky offense and allow them to break a big run.  It's a give and take type of deal.  
[/quote]
yeah, u start run blitzin and we start doing delayed handoffs lol

[quote name="vidor pirate" post="703543" timestamp="1257879286"]
[quote author=Whereisthelove? link=topic=62005.msg703450#msg703450 date=1257871634]
[quote author=vidor pirate link=topic=62005.msg703430#msg703430 date=1257870202]
[quote author=Whereisthelove? link=topic=62005.msg703404#msg703404 date=1257868075]
[quote author=VHS95 link=topic=62005.msg703323#msg703323 date=1257861513]
[quote author=Whereisthelove? link=topic=62005.msg703164#msg703164 date=1257826251]
Vidor is nothing but a running team. They've proved that they cannot pass the ball. Also, Vidor has a hard time defending the pass. Dayton wins BIG.
[/quote]

I dont know if you have seen any of our games or not, but Vidor can and does pass the ball.
[/quote]

I have seen Vidor play. All but 1 district game. The passing game isnt there. They try to pass and arent successful. The only pass that ever gets completed is a dump off pass to the halfback. And that doesnt always get completed. Besides that, the ball never gets completed or its a sack most of the time.
[/quote]
because our tight end has never caught a pass...
[/quote]

He gets overthrown. The tight end is prolly one of the best athletes yall got. QB has to stay clam and not panic, which leads to over throws and sacks
[/quote]
you are completely right there, but remember the qb is only a sophmore
[/quote]

The QB is a junior this year.

[quote name="badndn" post="703537" timestamp="1257878638"]
It's only Monday and Saturday can't get here quickly enough!  Welcome to the playoffs Vidor; I hear it's been awhile.  You've seen the spread offense from PNG and Nederland [b]but my guess is you haven't seen a 3-4 defense this season.  Gonna be coming at you from all angles Saturday[/b]
[/quote]
Actually they have seen a 3-4 this season...PNG.
Vidor ran 37 times for 182 yards, but Pitman went 60+ on the first play of the game for Vidor and our guys clamped down after that! thats 36/122 or 3.4 ypc! That's not good for a team that don't throw much.

I think Vidor has to come out with some playaction early and more often to soften up the middle. Gotta keep those speedy Dayton LB's and DB's guessing.

[/quote]

I couldn't tell but it looked like PNG was running a 3-3 stack against central with a swing safety except on the goaline.  It was hard to tell what PNG's base defense was because I'm not sure I saw the same defensive alignment on consecutive plays all night.  I wouldn't expect much change from the Dayton defense for this weekend...just not as spread out.

[quote name="dmeast11111" post="703614" timestamp="1257885264"]
My guess is that even if dayton isn't as good as last year that they can still beat Vidor by Hmmm. 21 yeah that sounds pretty close and if dayton gets cranked up it could really get ugly.
[/quote]

Dayton is better on defense and not quite as good on offense as last year's team.  They're not far behind offensively and have better overall talent but only one truly dynamic offensive players instead of two.

[quote name="vidor pirate" post="703562" timestamp="1257880296"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=62005.msg703558#msg703558 date=1257880053]
[quote author=vidor pirate link=topic=62005.msg703547#msg703547 date=1257879413]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Unfortunately....
Before you can do the delayed hand off, the qb will be tackled by the much quicker linebackers.
All three Dayton linebackers are faster than your running backs.

I just don't understand how you can say that Dayton is as good or near as good on either side of the ball as they were last year. From what I can tell in your regular season you played a couple of good teams last year being Friendswood and C.E. king. Who in the world have you played this year to judge yourselves against?  A friendswood team that is not even close to what they were last year and they still beat you by a point,  when you came back it was almost in trash time. Crosby beat you 28-0. I don't think that you have any where near as good a team this year as the last 2 years? I guess just a question prove to me otherwise. Good luck to both teams.

[quote name="VHS89" post="703632" timestamp="1257887699"]
I just don't understand how you can say that Dayton is as good or near as good on either side of the ball as they were last year. From what I can tell in your regular season you played a couple of good teams last year being Friendswood and C.E. king. Who in the world have you played this year to judge yourselves against?  A friendswood team that is not even close to what they were last year and they still beat you by a point,  when you came back it was almost in trash time. Crosby beat you 28-0. I don't think that you have any where near as good a team this year as the last 2 years? I guess just a question prove to me otherwise. Good luck to both teams.
[/quote]
Defensively this team is better than last years team, after the player switching that was done before the Barbers Hill game.
Moving Jakari from running back to linebacker was an AWEsome move.
Jakari will most likely be the quickest player on the field on every play.
Moving Ploch back to receiver makes the offense better also, the key is how far can a sophomore qb take you.
Offensively this team isn't as dynamic as the one with AJ and Cody making the plays, but the athletes Dayton has on offense will match up or be better than the ones that are on the other side of the ball.

Hope to see a good game Saturday against Vidor.
Vidor will have to slow down the Broncos.
No way does Vidor keep up with the Broncos if it turns into a scoring match.
If Vidor does get down by more than two scores early on, it could easily turn into an ugly game.

FYI...
Last week in Austin the freshmen primarily played the 4th quarter and still held LBJ scoreless.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="703631" timestamp="1257887633"]
[quote author=vidor pirate link=topic=62005.msg703562#msg703562 date=1257880296]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Unfortunately....
Before you can do the delayed hand off, the qb will be tackled by the much quicker linebackers.
[/quote]
our o line will swallow those backers, they may be fast, but they r small

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="703635" timestamp="1257888345"]
[quote author=VHS89 link=topic=62005.msg703632#msg703632 date=1257887699]
[/quote]
Defensively this team is better than last years team, after the player switching that was done before the Barbers Hill game.
Moving Ploch back to receiver makes the offense better also, the key is how far can a sophomore qb take you.
Offensively this team isn't as dynamic as the one with AJ and Cody making the plays, but the athletes Dayton has on offense will match up or be better than the ones that are on the other side of the ball.

If Vidor does get down by more than two scores early on, it could easily turn into an ugly game.

FYI...
Last week in Austin the freshmen primarily played the 4th quarter and still held LBJ scoreless.

[/quote]I guess my question is that or maybe it is a statement that none of this years players have been tested to see how good they are I don't really care how fast a player is if they can't make a good tackle when they get there. Don't get me wrong deep down I think that it will be a MAJOR accomplishment for Vidor to win and they are definetly the underdogs in this contest. But to be honest with you nothing that Dayton has done has struck fear in me last and the year before the teams definetly had a different look and feetl about them when you saw them. You say that this team is better definsevely but you really can't prove it by any performance that Dayton has had this year. From what I can find nobody that Dayton has beat up on has been a real contender or even a real solid team.  Like I said last year and the year before those teams had beat somebody or at least been tested. From all that I see 19-4A was a much tougher district last year withe the exception of GCM of course. I know that you'll are probably going to win but you have a long way to go to proving to me that you are the best in this region.

[quote name="vidor pirate" post="703638" timestamp="1257888790"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=62005.msg703631#msg703631 date=1257887633]
[quote author=vidor pirate link=topic=62005.msg703562#msg703562 date=1257880296]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Unfortunately....
[/quote]
[/quote]
u can't block what you can't get in front of.
Dayton linebackers shoot through the gaps and get at least five to eight tackles behind the line of scrimmage.

[quote name="VHS89" post="703642" timestamp="1257889119"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=62005.msg703635#msg703635 date=1257888345]
[/quote]

FYI...

[/quote]I guess my question is that or maybe it is a statement that none of this years players have been tested to see how good they are I don't really care how fast a player is if they can't make a good tackle when they get there. Don't get me wrong deep down I think that it will be a MAJOR accomplishment for Vidor to win and they are definetly the underdogs in this contest. But to be honest with you nothing that Dayton has done has struck fear in me last and the year before the teams definetly had a different look and feetl about them when you saw them. You say that this team is better definsevely but you really can't prove it by any performance that Dayton has had this year. From what I can find nobody that Dayton has beat up on has been a real contender or even a real solid team.  Like I said last year and the year before those teams had beat somebody or at least been tested. From all that I see 19-4A was a much tougher district last year withe the exception of GCM of course. I know that you'll are probably going to win but you have a long way to go to proving to me that you are the best in this region.
[/quote]

Yeah trust me you will see LBs tackling when they get to their targets!!!

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="703644" timestamp="1257889168"]
[quote author=vidor pirate link=topic=62005.msg703638#msg703638 date=1257888790]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=62005.msg703631#msg703631 date=1257887633]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Unfortunately....
[/quote]
[/quote]
u can't block what you can't get in front of.
Dayton linebackers shoot through the gaps and get at least five to eight tackles behind the line of scrimmage.
[/quote]
u can't tackle what u can't see
and i'm sure 2 of the 3 headed monster can just plow right over em

Over the last couple of years the team that Dayton started the playoffs with was vastly superior than the team they started out with.
This year is no exception.
Dayton has had three games to get the sophomore QB ready for the playoffs and he is ready.

IMO...
Vidor will have to stop the run and put pressure on the QB.
If they can't do this Dayton easily scores in the 30's.

[quote name="rapayne" post="703647" timestamp="1257889261"]
[quote author=VHS89 link=topic=62005.msg703642#msg703642 date=1257889119]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=62005.msg703635#msg703635 date=1257888345]
[/quote]

FYI...

[/quote]

[/quote]You are probably right I know that you have good linebackers but you still haven't told me how good were they players that they were tackling behind the line of scrimage were. I guess you can't prove to me just how good your team is,I guess we will just have to settle it on the field and stop bragging about how good we suppossedly are on this board! When you really haven't done anything but beat up on much inferior teams and the teams that were close to you well 28-0 says a lot.
    I just want to add good luck to both teams and God Bless, have a safe journey and return. I also want to tell you that I was cheering for you the last 2 years on your deep play-off runs I just believe that this team is different from those and very beatable.

[quote name="VHS89" post="703653" timestamp="1257889698"]
[quote author=rapayne link=topic=62005.msg703647#msg703647 date=1257889261]
[/quote]

FYI...

[/quote]

[/quote]You are probably right I know that you have good linebackers but you still haven't told me how good were they players that they were tackling behind the line of scrimage were. I guess you can't prove to me just how good your team is,I guess we will just have to settle it on the field and stop bragging about how good we suppossedly are on this board! When you really haven't done anything but beat up on much inferior teams and the teams that were close to you well 28-0 says a lot.
     I just want to add good luck to both teams and God Bless, have a safe journey and return. I also want to tell you that I was cheering for you the last 2 years on your deep play-off runs I just believe that this team is different from those and very beatable.
[/quote]
well really were this team stands out is all of the experience the seniors have most of them started when they were sophomores or at least got some playing time as well as the juniors

I have not seen Dayton play in person or on film this year.  I have seen all the Vidor games (except PNG).  I am inherently biased towards the Pirates.

I would really be surprised if Dayton's offense is not succesful on Saturday.  I do not see anybody (including Vidor homers) predicting a shutout by the Pirates.  In fact, the best defense that Vidor has against Dayton is their offense.  If the offense can move the ball the way it has in most of the games this year, then Dayton will be given a limited number of possesions to work with.  If Vidor can break up some passes, get some sacks, or big penalities, then Dayton's offense may fail to find a solid rythm.  

On Saturday, I really thought that the game would be high scoring and hopefully with the Pirates coming out on top.

Now, I read 12 pages of Dayton homers posting about how strong their Defense is.  How good they are against the run.  How they do not have the lineman to go with any more than a 3-man front.  How fast and smart their LBs are.  How no team has been able to run the football on them all year.  

All of this I want to chalk up as trash talk (remember, I am a fan) but I realize that it is probably mostly true.  

Vidor's stregth is no secret.  You can check for yourself.  Vidor has run the ball with great sucess against almost every opponent.  If Dayton's strength is stopping the run, then this really is going to be a battle of Strength's.  

Dayton is the favorite based on district seed, experience, and record.  But I do think this is a match-up that Vidor can win (and I really hope that they do).  I do think that I now know what to look for on Saturday night early.  If Vidor can run the ball early, then I think the advantage swings back to Vidor.

[quote name="Snizzle52" post="703659" timestamp="1257890400"]
[quote author=VHS89 link=topic=62005.msg703653#msg703653 date=1257889698]
[/quote]

FYI...

[/quote]

[/quote]
well really were this team stands out is all of the experience the seniors have most of them started when they were sophomores or at least got some playing time as well as the juniors
[/quote]How many seniors did they return?

[quote name="VHS89" post="703653" timestamp="1257889698"]
[/quote]

FYI...

[/quote]

[/quote]

You are totally right, I mean it is a fact that Dayton has not seen this stacked a backfield all season, in terms of production. On the other hand Vidor has not seen a team that is tried and tested like Dayton either, after all the last three seasons alone Dayton has played what is it 40 games of regular season and postseason ball, yeah 4 seasons worth. Throw in some scrimmages, which Dayton plays game situation in, not traditional 30/30 or whatever that horrid and much benine system entails. So take with this experience the testing you so desire to see from all of that playing time. But hey lets just see these kids do it on the field in Bowers Stadium this Saturday night and enjoy!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    daxebeg833
    Newest Member
    daxebeg833