Vidor vs. Dayton Predictions?

[quote name="liltex" post="704782" timestamp="1258024246"]
I'm laughing at all the smite karma I get for being honest.Somebody's gonna lose so get over yourselves.I've been around HS football since the 60's when I [email protected]'ve seen lots of good teams win and lose.I have yet to give Karma to any poster.All my Karma(applaud)goes to the coaches/players if I could give it.Some of you are honest and give opinions I respect.Some don't have a clue.If your guessing-go with the coaching staff's that work the hardest and have proven theirselves to bring out the best year after year after year.It's not just luck.
[/quote]

Great comment LIL.  You are right.  At this point whom ever works the hardest (Kids and Coaches)has the edge.  No more Luck now.    Go Pirates

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="704825" timestamp="1258032955"]
Question; [b]Has Dayton faced an O-line the size of Vidors this season[/b]? I have yet to see Dayton play. Also have they played someone who runs their style of offense? I have seen Vidor play once. They have 2 teams the one that played the Mid-county teams and the one that played Central the question is wich one shows up this weekend?
[/quote]

Not sure.... Friendswood was pretty large up front... I haven't seen vidor in person.

Offensive style??   Rollinac will have to chime in on that.

vidor always plays central close... so I wouldn't think it so much of a jekyll and hyde (sp? on both ) situation as it is just one of those matchups that seem to be tough for both teams.

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="704832" timestamp="1258033367"]
I heard the Austin LBJ line were ginormous.  Then again, [b]Dayton did give up 2 points [/b] in that game, so that means Vidor's line will probably just swallow up that Bronco D.
[/quote]

Didn't make the LBJ game but heard the same

We're bigger up front this year than in the past... regardless, we'll be fine.

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="704832" timestamp="1258033367"]
I heard the Austin LBJ line were ginormous.  Then again, Dayton did give up 2 points in that game, so that means Vidor's line will probably just swallow up that Bronco D.
[/quote]The boys from Austin were pretty big.Bigger than Dayton.Dayton still won the game I think the score was 36-2

(((HEY)))  I know this has nothing to do with the game Saturday.But I knew this is where I could find all the Dayton ppl or alot of them.I was wondering how many from Dayton were going to the PNG BH game Friday night.

[quote name="octfeb" post="704847" timestamp="1258035095"]
(((HEY)))  I know this has nothing to do with the game Saturday.But I knew this is where I could find all the Dayton ppl or alot of them.I was wondering how many from Dayton were going to the PNG BH game Friday night.
[/quote]
I am going to the PN-G vs Barbers Hill game...
Might even live life on the edge, wear my purple and white, sit on the BH side and sing Cherokee as loud as I can (which is pretty vocal) every time PN-G scores.
I am sure the BH faithful will welcome me with open arms once they find out that I am actually the Toups Graphics man?

[quote name="dayton" post="704830" timestamp="1258033160"]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=62005.msg704825#msg704825 date=1258032955]
Question; [b]Has Dayton faced an O-line the size of Vidors this season[/b]? I have yet to see Dayton play. Also have they played someone who runs their style of offense? I have seen Vidor play once. They have 2 teams the one that played the Mid-county teams and the one that played Central the question is wich one shows up this weekend?
[/quote]

Not sure.... Friendswood was pretty large up front... I haven't seen vidor in person.

Offensive style??   Rollinac will have to chime in on that.

vidor always plays central close... so I wouldn't think it so much of a jekyll and hyde (sp? on both ) situation as it is just one of those matchups that seem to be tough for both teams.
[/quote]

Vidor is pretty big up front...along the same lines as Friendswood.  They don't have the 230 lbs running back Friendswood does.  Closest thing we've seen to that kind of offense is CE King.  Liberty Hill runs that same kind of offense or Beeville Jones if you've ever seen any of them.  #1 offense in 20-4A versus the #1 defense in 19-4A.  They don't have the same size lineman as SS did but close.

[quote name="rollinac" post="704878" timestamp="1258037761"]
Vidor is pretty big up front...along the same lines as Friendswood.  They don't have the 230 lbs running back Friendswood does.  [b]Closest thing we've seen to that kind of offense is CE King[/b].  Liberty Hill runs that same kind of offense or Beeville Jones if you've ever seen any of them.  #1 offense in 20-4A versus the #1 defense in 19-4A.  They don't have the same size lineman as SS did but close.
[/quote]

maybe not a good game to compare to....  :D  They did come to mind though.... just wasn't sure.

SS's line was underrated... they were good IMO... gave Rollison all day.

[quote name="dayton" post="704912" timestamp="1258039806"]
[quote author=the_dude_abides link=topic=62005.msg704899#msg704899 date=1258039078]
I guess the pirates have disappeared, I was expecting a little more fire from them this morning.
[/quote]

They're out plundering and pillaging defenseless vessels.... they'll be back later.  ;D
[/quote]They went to the ship to make sure they have plenty of medical supplies for the trip home Saturday. ;D

[quote name="Whereisthelove?" post="703404" timestamp="1257868075"]
[quote author=VHS95 link=topic=62005.msg703323#msg703323 date=1257861513]
[quote author=Whereisthelove? link=topic=62005.msg703164#msg703164 date=1257826251]
Vidor is nothing but a running team. They've proved that they cannot pass the ball. Also, Vidor has a hard time defending the pass. Dayton wins BIG.
[/quote]

I dont know if you have seen any of our games or not, but Vidor can and does pass the ball.
[/quote]

I have seen Vidor play. All but 1 district game. The passing game isnt there. They try to pass and arent successful. The only pass that ever gets completed is a dump off pass to the halfback. And that doesnt always get completed. Besides that, the ball never gets completed or its a sack most of the time.
[/quote]I haven't seen Vidor Play but I have seen highlights and yes Vidor does pas and passes pretty well. One one game, James Laramore caught a one handed pass in a games that was for alot of yards. We have some pretty good recievers. They may not be the best but they can catch the ball.

[quote name="James Chandler" post="704958" timestamp="1258042214"]
[quote author=Whereisthelove? link=topic=62005.msg703404#msg703404 date=1257868075]
[quote author=VHS95 link=topic=62005.msg703323#msg703323 date=1257861513]
[quote author=Whereisthelove? link=topic=62005.msg703164#msg703164 date=1257826251]
Vidor is nothing but a running team. They've proved that they cannot pass the ball. Also, Vidor has a hard time defending the pass. Dayton wins BIG.
[/quote]

I dont know if you have seen any of our games or not, but Vidor can and does pass the ball.
[/quote]

I have seen Vidor play. All but 1 district game. The passing game isnt there. They try to pass and arent successful. The only pass that ever gets completed is a dump off pass to the halfback. And that doesnt always get completed. Besides that, the ball never gets completed or its a sack most of the time.
[/quote]I haven't seen Vidor Play but I have seen highlights and yes Vidor does pas and passes pretty well. One one game, James Laramore caught a one handed pass in a games that was for alot of yards. We have some pretty good recievers. They may not be the best but they can catch the ball.
[/quote]

Let's say it again 423 passing yards, he must have caught nearly the bulk of those on his really amazing one handed grab that was for a lot of yards~~!!!

[quote name="octfeb" post="704847" timestamp="1258035095"]
[/quote]We r going and we plan on wearing our purple shirts so BH can see we r showing them support.It would be great if we all sat in or about the same area.Im just making a suggestion.Hope everyone else wears their purple shirts. And umm saturday cant come soon enough.
  GO BRONCOS
  ALWAYS BELIEVE

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83