Nederland vs. Lumberton Predictions?

[quote name="Domination Station" post="697125" timestamp="1257369200"]
Nederland has always had a faithful and spirited fan base (as evidenced in this thread). The team seems to be down this year I guess because of injuries. But I'm glad Nederland is doing better as of late, it will make for a better game with Lumberton. Lumberton did not play well against PNG, that is an under statement as they were never in the game from the start. They played a conservative game against LCM last week, but they took care of business and did what they had to do for the win. Lumberton has 8 very good receivers and the QB uses them all. The QB runs very well and much better than Nederland's. The RBs have more depth now than the beginning of the year with the emergence of McDonald. The O line is back and healthy. The run defense is solid, they have three starters back healthy after getting hurt in the Livingston game.  Nederland should expect a swarm of blitzes led by the beast, Anthony Beard. The defensive secondary is ready for the one on one pass defense that goes with the blitz. If Lumberton limits their penalties and turnovers, they will win by 13 points. All said, I expect a very exciting game and what a way to end the regular season! Go Raiders.
[/quote]

Wow, you would think they would have a better record than 2-4 in the district and not hanging by a thread needing a win and some help to get in..

You are dillusional pal

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Domination Station" post="696954" timestamp="1257360281"]
I don't blame Nederland for saying he was hurt, anyone that makes that kind of mistake needs an excuse.  That's your story and you're stickin' to it.  Nederland has always tried to compete with PNG and has never stacked up especially this year.  That's a stigma they haven't been able to overcome.  They make too many mistakes and a lot of it comes from the top.  This is just another example.
[/quote]

Put the bucket of paint chips down and take a deep breath.  "Saying he was hurt..." as in they were making it up while he limped in street clothes for 4 weeks?  As dumb as we are, he would've at least been in there at defensive end. 

I don't blame Nederland for saying he was hurt, anyone that makes that kind of mistake needs an excuse.  That's your story and you're stickin' to it.  Nederland has always tried to compete with PNG and has never stacked up especially this year.  That's a stigma they haven't been able to overcome.  They make too many mistakes and a lot of it comes from the top.  This is just another example.
[/quote]

Does your mom know you are on her computer...do your homework!  Seriously, did you not read that the kid was injured...he was hurt early during the FW game and did not return until the week we played Central

Delusional?  The district is very competitive and there's a lot of parity.  Lumberton lost three very close games.  Central beats Lumberton and Lumberton beats Livingston, but then Livingston beats Central.  Going into the last week where there's a chance for a four or five way tie for third?  That's reality.  

I don't blame Nederland for saying he was hurt, anyone that makes that kind of mistake needs an excuse.  That's your story and you're stickin' to it.  Nederland has always tried to compete with PNG and has never stacked up especially this year.  That's a stigma they haven't been able to overcome.  [b]They make too many mistakes and a lot of it comes from the top. [/b]  This is just another example.
[/quote]
Are you saying there is a problem with coaching at Nederland? If so you definitely don't have a clue. Coaching has not been a problem at Nederland this year or since Neumann has been there. Neumann has got them through a gob of bad luck this year and they will be in the playoffs.I promise I will take Neumann over Credeur any day. And that is not in disrespect to Credeur, he has done a good thing at Lumberton. I just think Neumann is one of the top coaches in the area.

[quote author=Domination Station link=topic=61610.msg696461#msg696461 date=1257306250]
Beard to Dionti will be like a buzzsaw to a big lumbering pine.  TIMBERRRRRRRR.  Too many sacks and interceptions will hurt the dawgs.  It will be a good game, but I think coaching makes the difference in this one.  In the end, Lumberton by 13. 
[/qu
you have a good point  nederlands qb hasent faced  A PLAYER LIke beard. i think if lumberton holds on to the football we win. fumbles have killed us all year !!!!!!

[quote name="cam 35" post="697219" timestamp="1257374450"]
[quote author=Domination Station link=topic=61610.msg696461#msg696461 date=1257306250]
Beard to Dionti will be like a buzzsaw to a big lumbering pine.  TIMBERRRRRRRR.  Too many sacks and interceptions will hurt the dawgs.  It will be a good game, but I think coaching makes the difference in this one.  In the end, Lumberton by 13. 
[/qu
you have a good point  nederlands qb hasent faced  A PLAYER LIke beard. i think if lumberton holds on to the football we win. fumbles have killed us all year !!!!!!
[/quote]

Beard hasn't faced a QB like Dionte either, name me one other team that has a 6'5" 225 lb QB that is a real DE and knows how to hit you!

[quote name="baddog" post="697208" timestamp="1257373800"]
[quote author=Domination Station link=topic=61610.msg697195#msg697195 date=1257373250]
 Central beats Lumberton and Lumberton beats Livingston, but then Livingston beats Central.   
[/quote]

This never means anything. It's mathematical brain fart.
[/quote]

Or an Abbott and Costello routine.

The Raiders prefer Coach Credeur. I like his winning percentage against Neumann.  66.7%  And since you like math, that's 33.3% for Neumann against Credeur.  Neumann could have been 66.7% against Credeur if he had run the big back in last year's game instead of passing.  That was a "mksitae".

Nederland has always had a faithful and spirited fan base (as evidenced in this thread). The team seems to be down this year I guess because of injuries. But I'm glad Nederland is doing better as of late, it will make for a better game with Lumberton. Lumberton did not play well against PNG, that is an under statement as they were never in the game from the start. They played a conservative game against LCM last week, but they took care of business and did what they had to do for the win. Lumberton has 8 very good receivers and the QB uses them all. The QB runs very well and much better than Nederland's. The RBs have more depth now than the beginning of the year with the emergence of McDonald. The O line is back and healthy. The run defense is solid, they have three starters back healthy after getting hurt in the Livingston game.  Nederland should expect a swarm of blitzes led by the beast, Anthony Beard. The defensive secondary is ready for the one on one pass defense that goes with the blitz. If Lumberton limits their penalties and turnovers, they will win by 13 points. All said, I expect a very exciting game and what a way to end the regular season! Go Raiders.
[/quote]what is the word on beard as far as schools? haven't heard anything recently?

Honestly I think this game is wide open. What I saw of Lumberton, they are much weaker than even Nederland this year. This should be a fun game to watch.

As far as Central vs. Livingston, Central fell asleep that week. There is absolutely no way they should have lost that game. My guess is overconfidence and complacency cost them the opportunity for an undefeated season.

[quote name="Michael" post="696960" timestamp="1257360548"]
[quote author=Domination Station link=topic=61610.msg696954#msg696954 date=1257360281]
Nederland has always tried to compete with PNG and has never stacked up especially this year.  That's a stigma they haven't been able to overcome.  They make too many mistakes and a lot of it comes from the top.  [/quote]

This may be the most ignorant comment ever posted in this forum. Do you know Nederlands record vs PNG in the Neumann era?
[/quote]

I really don't know where Domination Station is getting his info and facts from to support his posts.  That being said, I agree, he needs to go look up the record of Ned vs PNG since Neumann has been head coach.  As for your comments about Forney ....... well , I will just say that it was not well thought out on your part.  And if you forgot what it was that I am referring to I added your quote below....  DOGS WITH THE WIN FRIDAY OVER LUMBERTON

[quote author=pngfan1 link=topic=61610.msg697207#msg697207 date=1257373720]
[quote author=Domination Station link=topic=61610.msg696954#msg696954 date=1257360281]
I don't blame Nederland for saying he was hurt, anyone that makes that kind of mistake needs an excuse.  That's your story and you're stickin' to it.  Nederland has always tried to compete with PNG and has never stacked up especially this year.  That's a stigma they haven't been able to overcome.  [b]They make too many mistakes and a lot of it comes from the top. [/b]  This is just another example.
[/quote]
Are you saying there is a problem with coaching at Nederland? If so you definitely don't have a clue. Coaching has not been a problem at Nederland this year or since Neumann has been there. Neumann has got them through a gob of bad luck this year and they will be in the playoffs.I promise I will take Neumann over Credeur any day. And that is not in disrespect to Credeur, he has done a good thing at Lumberton. I just think Neumann is one of the top coaches in the area.
[/quote]

Nederland has always had a faithful and spirited fan base (as evidenced in this thread). The team seems to be down this year I guess because of injuries. But I'm glad Nederland is doing better as of late, it will make for a better game with Lumberton. Lumberton did not play well against PNG, that is an under statement as they were never in the game from the start. They played a conservative game against LCM last week, but they took care of business and did what they had to do for the win. [b]Lumberton has 8 very good receivers and the QB uses them all[/b]. The QB runs very well and much better than Nederland's. The RBs have more depth now than the beginning of the year with the emergence of McDonald. The O line is back and healthy. The run defense is solid, they have three starters back healthy after getting hurt in the Livingston game.  Nederland should expect a swarm of blitzes led by the beast, Anthony Beard. The defensive secondary is ready for the one on one pass defense that goes with the blitz. If Lumberton limits their penalties and turnovers, they will win by 13 points. All said, I expect a very exciting game and what a way to end the regular season! Go Raiders.
[/quote]

Do the Raiders have any formations where all 8 awesome WR's are out there at once?  ::)

[quote name="outanup" post="695505" timestamp="1257247449"]
Hey ROT, Hanna has graduated, and Ltown has struggled to run. Ned is in the same boat, should be a good game.
[/quote]I agree 100%, I was just pointing out that our two teams guaged against Vidor doesn't work. I think this game is going to be a throw down but I got to go with my boys in blue.

[quote name="Domination Station" post="697276" timestamp="1257378837"]
The Raiders prefer Coach Credeur. I like his winning percentage against Neumann.   66.7%  And since you like math, that's 33.3% for Neumann against Credeur.  Neumann could have been 66.7% against Credeur if he had run the big back in last year's game instead of passing.  That was a "mksitae".
[/quote]Actually Domination, didn't our team shut down that big back right along with the gun slinger last year? I think he played most of the game.

I don't think Lumberton shut down Grogan last year, he had 20 carries for 159 yds (7.95 yds/carry).  Hannah did have 34 for 342.  Had Nederland given the ball to Grogan 14 more times, which they should have, he would have had 270 (based on yards per carry).  Don't think that's shutting him down.

Beard was injured and out for the game and I remember every time they gave it to Grogan, he gained big yardage.  I was surprised Nederland kept passing because they were not having any success in the air.  Had they stayed with Grogan more, who knows how that would have impacted the outcome.  There were several comments from Nederland posters who said the same after the game.

[quote name="Domination Station" post="697902" timestamp="1257440116"]
Beard was injured and out for the game and I remember every time they gave it to Grogan, he gained big yardage.  I was surprised Nederland kept passing because they were not having any success in the air.  Had they stayed with Grogan more, who knows how that would have impacted the outcome.   There were several comments from Nederland posters who said the same after the game.
[/quote]

I absolutely agree with Domination Station for once! Beard got hurt early in that game. Grogan was getting between 5-10 yards everytime he touched the ball. Our stud WR Asa Cardenas was suspended for that game which really hurt the passing game. Nederland could not and would not tackle Hanna. I was impressed with the size and the speed of the Defensive Ends from Lumberton.

Lots of differences this year. Lumberton does not have a Hanna. Nederland does not have a Grogan. Nederland does, however, have two capable backs in Lovelady and Cardenas. I was shocked at Lumberton's lack of size this year in the PNG game. They still come at you hard and play the whole 48 mins but just did not look like what I have seen from them the last 2 years. The QB looks like a good dual threat, but the line put him in some bad spots in that game. Ned is good in the passing game with Brady as the top weapon and several other good WR's. The biggest improvement for Nederland from last year to this year is the Defense. They hit a lot harder and do a good job stopping plays up the middle. We still miss tackles and are vulnerable to the big play, but overall a great improvement. I think it is gonna be a really good game come Friday.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline