Nederland vs. Lumberton Predictions?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lumberton has one little bitty problem on their way to the playoffs, a 6'5" 225 lb problem that is. If I know anything about body language at all watching Dionte the last couple of weeks and I would have to say he would like to be the starting QB next year! You know the one sure way to start in Nederland? Win, simple as that! No let down, no taking lightly, no quit, 4 quarters of Bulldog Ball. Dogs win by 1 or 100, don't matter ;D

Oh yea on the way to the bank, buy some Brady stock. I see the recession ending and the Brady stock taking a big leap.

Why hasn't he been in the QB mix from the start?  He played QB for Nederland in middle school and in 9th grade and he was awesome.  He was a much better QB IMO than the other Nederland QBs including the chosen one.  Yeah it points to a lot of different problems with Nederland including coaching. That's my dig.

[quote name="Domination Station" post="696605" timestamp="1257338273"]
Why hasn't he been in the QB mix from the start?  He played QB for Nederland in middle school and in 9th grade and he was awesome.  He was a much better QB IMO than the other Nederland QBs including the chosen one.  Yeah it points to a lot of different problems with Nederland including coaching. That's my dig.
[/quote]

Forney has been hurt.....and you do not bench a 2 year starter.

[quote name="Domination Station" post="696627" timestamp="1257342749"]
you don't bench a two year starter, but you keep your stud in the mix.  He was put in as an almost last resort and that seems odd given his success.
[/quote]

Buddy, can you read... Roughrider said he's been hurt when he could've had that opportunity. He was hurt as in, limping around with a bum knee, as in did not practice or play from the 2nd quarter of FW to the Central game.  He was hurt.  Let me say it again in case you missed it, he was HURT.

[quote name="Penny" post="696836" timestamp="1257353121"]
[quote author=Domination Station link=topic=61610.msg696627#msg696627 date=1257342749]
you don't bench a two year starter, but you keep your stud in the mix.  He was put in as an almost last resort and that seems odd given his success.
[/quote]

Buddy, can you read... Roughrider said he's been hurt when he could've had that opportunity. He was hurt as in, limping around with a bum knee, as in did not practice or play from the 2nd quarter of FW to the Central game.  He was hurt.  Let me say it again in case you missed it, he was HURT.
[/quote]

Mark her words!!! LOL

[quote author=Domination Station link=topic=61610.msg696627#msg696627 date=1257342749]
[/quote]

[/quote]he would have never played qb this yr without the injury to bellow, but if not injured would have definitely been "in the mix".

[/quote]

[/quote]

;D

Make no mistake, without Forney in there the Dogs are dead in the water. It would not have mattered which predecessor was playing. He has totally changed the way the offense functions. The kid can read well on the run and is checking off, not telegraphing his go-to receiver as soon as the ball is snapped which is SO refreshing to see. He is a head taller than everyone else on the field so he can SEE which is also a luxury the Dogs have not had in years. His ability to step up in the pocket and make good decisions has made the offense legit. Not that we did not have good backs, we do, but now with a little balance they can make the spread work like it should. Also, the O line has improved their pass protection, apparently having confidence in their QB has motivated them to play harder or something because generally Forney has had time to throw, but when he has been pressured he moves well enough to escape in time to get rid of the ball.

The defense is about the same, TOUGH in the middle, weak against the pass and marginal outside but they are scrappy and improving every week.

I skipped the Ned vs Livingston game and went to see PNG and Lumberton.
1. Although PNG is a good team, their competition in 20-4A is weak so its hard to tell how good they really are. I would guess come playoff time they will do okay until they hit a team that has a typical playoff o and d line, that will be the end of it. Thats not what I hope, its just what I see. I hope they beat everyone they play EXCEPT Nederland. :)

2. Lumberton was weak weak weak. Im not saying they cant beat Nederland because Nederland has been inconsistant. This years Raiders looks like the Raiders of old.... lots of pride but not much ability, no playmakers, too many mistakes, too small. Just an off year. They might beat the Dogs but I doubt it, if they do then the Dogs totally deserve to stay home this season.

I don't blame Nederland for saying he was hurt, anyone that makes that kind of mistake needs an excuse.  That's your story and you're stickin' to it.  Nederland has always tried to compete with PNG and has never stacked up especially this year.  That's a stigma they haven't been able to overcome.  They make too many mistakes and a lot of it comes from the top.  This is just another example.

[quote name="Domination Station" post="696954" timestamp="1257360281"]
Nederland has always tried to compete with PNG and has never stacked up especially this year.  That's a stigma they haven't been able to overcome.  They make too many mistakes and a lot of it comes from the top.  [/quote]

This may be the most ignorant comment ever posted in this forum. Do you know Nederlands record vs PNG in the Neumann era?

[quote name="Domination Station" post="696605" timestamp="1257338273"]
[/quote]

I think this goes back to the fact of what is best for the TEAM. If we have a healthy Bellow or Tyler Smith for that matter, then DIONTE is extremely helpful as a 6'5 Defensive End, Tight End, and even Slot Receiver. Is he a better QB than the aforementioned? Maybe so. But, I do know for sure that Bellow and Tyler Smith could not play TE or DE. That is probably what Neumann was thinking. Dionte would have been the QB much earlier in the year if he had not gotten injured vs. Friendswood playing defense. I remember a lot of people arguing with me when I said that the first THREE Ned QBs were out due to injury. Atterberry was 4th on the depth chart. Nobody thought about Dionte to step in at that point because he was injured. None of this matters, all that matters is the kid IS the QB now and he is doing a GREAT job! Keep it going Dogs! The last few weeks have been much more fun to watch.

Nederland has always had a faithful and spirited fan base (as evidenced in this thread). The team seems to be down this year I guess because of injuries. But I'm glad Nederland is doing better as of late, it will make for a better game with Lumberton. Lumberton did not play well against PNG, that is an under statement as they were never in the game from the start. They played a conservative game against LCM last week, but they took care of business and did what they had to do for the win. Lumberton has 8 very good receivers and the QB uses them all. The QB runs very well and much better than Nederland's. The RBs have more depth now than the beginning of the year with the emergence of McDonald. The O line is back and healthy. The run defense is solid, they have three starters back healthy after getting hurt in the Livingston game.  Nederland should expect a swarm of blitzes led by the beast, Anthony Beard. The defensive secondary is ready for the one on one pass defense that goes with the blitz. If Lumberton limits their penalties and turnovers, they will win by 13 points. All said, I expect a very exciting game and what a way to end the regular season! Go Raiders.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder