Vidor at Nederland Predictions

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JoesBros
[quote name="baddog" post="688808" timestamp="1256759242"]
Who is Vidor ''close to''? It doesn't matter who we beat, it's district wins that matter. Anyone is our position would be saying the same thing. Who said we are on top? Don't throw stuff out there just because it sounds good.
[/quote]
The only team Vidor is remotley close to from what I hear is Livingston but IDK I havent seen Livingston yet this season. Nobody is saying Nederland is on top I had a issue with PNG Fan saying that they heard Vidor saying "You havent seen our running game or you havent seen our three running backs yet" but Nederland isnt PNG it will be a close game IMHO this is the biggest game Vidor has played in 9 years and I expect emotions to be running high.

[quote name="smitty" post="688809" timestamp="1256759427"]
I'm not sure Nederland's defense can stop Vidor's running attack.  If anyone thinks they can, what in the past 8 games gives you that belief?  I'm willing to listen.
[/quote]

Nederland doesn't have a defense that will take over the game, but when the offense takes care of the ball and doesn't lose turnovers, they have played well.  They have given up the second fewest points in district, a stat that catches some by suprise.  If we take care of the ball, our defense will put us in position to win... did you listen?

Yes.  But being at the bottom on defense will not win you very many games.  Stats are performance based. 

[quote name="Penny" post="688881" timestamp="1256766180"]
[quote author=smitty link=topic=61263.msg688809#msg688809 date=1256759427]
I'm not sure Nederland's defense can stop Vidor's running attack.  If anyone thinks they can, what in the past 8 games gives you that belief?  I'm willing to listen.
[/quote]

Nederland doesn't have a defense that will take over the game, but when the offense takes care of the ball and doesn't lose turnovers, they have played well.  They have given up the second fewest points in district, a stat that catches some by suprise.  If we take care of the ball, our defense will put us in position to win... did you listen?
[/quote]

[quote name="jake94" post="688339" timestamp="1256702774"]
[quote author=Pirate for Life! link=topic=61263.msg688273#msg688273 date=1256697833]
[quote author=dawgnut link=topic=61263.msg688219#msg688219 date=1256695144]
The reality is, and I know this is not the place to talk facts, but the Dawgs are not the same team that everyone has been looking at. There is a 6' 5" 225 lb reason we are not the same team and if you think he doesn't make a difference maybe you should ask Ryan Brady! I am prediction rain Friday Night, footballs that is, and Vidor better be able to run, not on offense, but defense! There is a new QB in town and he can chunk the rock!
[/quote]OK I have not seen him play and can't comment, but my question is if he is so good, why was he the 5th QB to be tried. I am sure he has played alot of football. Why is he just now the QB?
[/quote]

He was actually the 3rd QB, but when the other two went down he was also injured. He started the season as a WR, TE, and DE. He's a junior, great athlete, best basketball player in the school. Played QB in middle school. At this point, with all the adversity that Ned has been thru he is a great leader and gives the Dogs the best chance to win. In a perfect world, he would not have to play QB, but he is doing a GREAT job!
[/quote]Thanks guys for the information.

[quote name="Penny" post="688881" timestamp="1256766180"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

We don't have a defense that can take over a game? think back. Non-district. We were down 23-7 to Waller. 2nd half our defense was nasty and shut down Waller. So our D is capable.

So, how do you explain being last in defense up until last week?  Now Ned is 2nd to last.

[quote name="Nederland Dog 2006" post="688953" timestamp="1256775993"]
[quote author=Penny link=topic=61263.msg688881#msg688881 date=1256766180]
[/quote]

[/quote]

We don't have a defense that can take over a game? think back. Non-district. We were down 23-7 to Waller. 2nd half our defense was nasty and shut down Waller. So our D is capable.
[/quote]

OK here are the real stats.
Defense                                           Offense
Nederland allowed 102                        Nederland scored 92
Vidor allowed 125 (dif -23)                  Vidor scored 153     (Dif is +61 Point advantage)

Removing the Central game (not sure what this means, but threw it in)
Ned allowed 67
Vidor allowed 68

Seems to be close on Defense but lopsided on offense.
Note: Vidor has not played Livingston and Nederland has not played Lumberton

I believe they are talking about being the 2nd best def in district based on POINT ALLOWED.  Not about total yardage, where Nederland would probably be towards the bottom.  However, I would rather give up more yards than points any day.

Why take out the Central game?

[quote name="Gtj007" post="688970" timestamp="1256776793"]
I believe they are talking about being the 2nd best def in district based on POINT ALLOWED.  Not about total yardage, where Nederland would probably be towards the bottom.  However, I would rather give up more yards than points any day.

Why take out the Central game?
[/quote]No reason really, I just wanted to see how close it would have been without it. We allowed 57 in that game but scored 56. I figured it was an anomaly. Again no reason just interesting to me.

[quote name="smitty" post="688809" timestamp="1256759427"]
I'm not sure Nederlands defense can stop Vidors running attack.  If anyone thinks they can, what in the past 8 games gives you that belief?  I'm willing to listen.
[/quote]It's all about match ups, Nederland will flat out out score Vidor because of how the offense matches ups against Vidors defense, Vidor will then get way behind and try to go to a passing offense to try and make up ground and it will find itself even farther behind. There you go smitty, I pretty much explained how it will happen....Hope you enjoy the results Friday night...

[quote name="spoonbill" post="688769" timestamp="1256757063"]
[quote author=TheRef link=topic=61263.msg688295#msg688295 date=1256698964]
Good Luck to both teams in the mud pit, called several jr high games at nederland this year and my cleats kept sticking in the mud on the pivot! Nederlands field is in horrible shape and I see a low scoring game after it rains all night Thursday night and most of the day Friday!
[/quote][b]i saw their field last night and it's already mushy and muddy. look for nederland's band to play some sort of fight song thru every vidor offensive play. i'm also sure they will mispronounce every vidor player's name when called.[/b][/quote]

What?

This has to be sarcastic...

Well, James, my friend, this is taken out of the PN-G playbook.  If Ned can get up by two or three touches then it will be difficult for Vidor to catch up.  And I hope this will be the case.  But, the question was about defense.  Vidor has 3 of the top 8 rushers.  Ned is 2nd to last in defense and has given up 1638 yards rushing.  My point being: there's nothing in the past that shows Ned can control a good running attack.  Central had 396 yards rushing against Ned.  Someone brought up the Waller game.  I believe Waller had close to, if not over, 400 yards total.  That night it had more to do with Ned's offense.  Plus the 1st game with everyone healthy, Ned gave up over 400 yards against WO-S.  So, you are right, something's got to give.  We'll see Friday night.  I hope you are right.

[quote name="James Mosley" post="688986" timestamp="1256777485"]
I'm not sure Nederlands defense can stop Vidors running attack.  If anyone thinks they can, what in the past 8 games gives you that belief?  I'm willing to listen.
[/quote]It's all about match ups, Nederland will flat out out score Vidor because of how the offense matches ups against Vidors defense, Vidor will then get way behind and try to go to a passing offense to try and make up ground and it will find itself even farther behind. There you go smitty, I pretty much explained how it will happen....Hope you enjoy the results Friday night...
[/quote]

I don't know that Vidor really has a true rival, but I do know that there are three games that most Vidor fans look forward to each year;  Central, Lumberton, and Nederland.  

[b]Central[/b] because the Pirates generally play a very tough/ close game with them (and lose more often than not) When the game is over there is usually no question that both teams left it all on the field

[b]Lumberton[/b] Although the Pirates have a pretty sizeable winning percentage [b](15 matchups  11 wins for Vidor)[/b]  Vidor/ Lumberton is usually a pretty good game.

[b]Nederland[/b] because they have been a consistent winner and our boys always seem to play'em pretty tough (but like with Central we usually fall short)  Again, Nederland has an overwhelming winning percentage over Vidor, but in most years this is a very exciting game.  

Anyway, I can't wait for Friday to get here.  I love that the Pirates are having a great year, and I'm glad that Ned is back in the hunt for the playoffs (this only adds to the excitement).  This should be playoff atmosphere football.
I know guys like James Mosley are predicting a Ned blowout over Vidor, but this years version of the Pirates is a little different than most years.  These kids are big, tough, fast, and they play with a ton of heart.  I also realize some Vidor fans have posted some pretty outrageous predictions, but we have to remember the boys are playing in Nederland and the Dogs aren't going to just lay down and let the Pirates win an easy one on their turf.  Don't get me wrong I think Vidor is the superior team, but there are a lot of factors that will make this a very close game.
Come on Friday night!!!!!!!!

[quote name="Geaux25" post="687436" timestamp="1256628771"]
You people from Vidor keep saying "Nederland always gives us a good game" as if y'all are accustomed to beating Nederland on a yearly basis...

...anyone care to roll out the all-time record between the two?

It should read "Vidor always gives Nederland a good game."
[/quote]What is this YOU PEOPLE, there you go stereotyping. As if YOU PEOPLE from Nederland think your better than everybody else.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder