Vidor at Nederland Predictions

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, for sure Nederland is coached well. And it never fails ... they always seem to have a gameplan to spring a few surprises on us. Even when they are picked to lose beacuase they are in a "down year" or something. The Dogs always come to play when they step on the field and they always seem to have a few surprises in those sleeves of theirs.
If we stick to the ground and pound playcalling with a few passes sprinkled in? I really like our chances. If we just start running bootlegs trying to pass all night? Well, we could leave Mid-County disappointed like we did on our last trip over there. I'll put it simple: If our O-line plays like it did tonight against LC-M and like we did against Central? No problem. We play like we did against PN-G? Big problems.
Like always, I'm not predicting a score. I expect a good game ... and hopefully no injuries on either team. Good luck to everyone next week.

GO PIRATES!!!

I haven't seen much footage on Vidor this year. If its the same offensive gameplan that they've had against Nederland the last few seasons, then the one dimensional stuff isn't gonna work. Vidor will need to mix some play action in there.

Also, I hope Dionte isn't a one hit wonder. He was very impressive against Livingston, and we can only hope he builds on his success from Friday.

I look for this to be a hard fought close game. Nederland will definitely put some new wrinkles in for a perennial over aggressive pirate defense. Neumann typically will find a way to get his team to the dance.

Nederland 20 - Vidor 14

It's tale of two teams with Vidor.

If the team that played last night shows up against Nederland, should spell a win.

If the team that played PNG shows up, then it will be disappointment.

Stick to your guns, stay on your assigments and play hard.  Would like to see the secondary play a little tighter on Nederland's receivers. Giving a little too much cushion out there last night.  

I'll take Vidor in a close one.... 27-24.  

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="684959" timestamp="1256396671"]
One thing that may help Nederland, is that Livingston runs a similar offense to Vidor.  The Nederland defense started to figure things out in the 2nd half.   Neumann should have them ready to go against Vidor.
[/quote]

That has been a bad thing too, due to the fact that Vidor's shedule followed Livingston.... so everyone had a 2 week preparation for us.... I think we have done pretty good even with that happening tho...

I keep reading too many posts about Livingston in Vidor threads.
Livingston has a good program, but they're not a measuring stick for Vidor opponents.
I'm glad Nederland got some things together, against all their adversity and found a way to win.
They always have a solid program, and great coaching.
I'll take Vidor in this one.

[quote name="Pirates73" post="684772" timestamp="1256361785"]
The coaching staff will have the guys ready to play next week and the Pirates should win this game.  Nederland  always plays us tough and I repect that tremendously.  Should be another tough game for the Pirates.  
[/quote]

ned always plays us tough ???  More like vidor always plays ned tough.
Saying it the first way makes it sd like vidor is happy when ned can just give them a good tough game

I don't know what to say.  Vidor went through this stretch where there were not playing Pirate ball, but seem to be back to their old self in beating LC-M. 

You have Nederland who is riddle with injury and have Mr. Forney who appears to be the man they need at QB.  They have lost to the likes of Ozen, but seem to be turning the corner.  Both teams are turning it on at the right time.  I really don't know.  I've been rolling with Vidor all year, but they have came up short a few times.  Heck, I have to go against them this time (sorry, Rustedcutlas).  Nederland 28-27.

I think that the Vidor and Nederland game is always a huge game. Its just a huge rival to me. I am a big Pirate fan. I also have a lot of respect for Ned. They play a great game and play with us tough every year. I can't make any predictions but I hope that the Pirates come out on top. As long as they play their game then they are going to win.

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="684959" timestamp="1256396671"]
One thing that may help Nederland, is that Livingston runs a similar offense to Vidor.  The Nederland defense started to figure things out in the 2nd half.   Neumann should have them ready to go against Vidor.
[/quote]

LCM had that same thought, it didn't turn out quite so well for them.

Real quick: How many will we have out with injuries for this game? Dozhier seems to be back to his old self. Did we lose anyone last night against the Bears? I saw #22 (Madden, I think?) get a little shook up but seemed to be okay later in the game.
And to Nederland fans: How are your boys looking injury wise? Anybody go out last night or is everyone healthy? Hopefully after next Friday everyone will leave the field without any injuries.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder