Vidor at Nederland Predictions

[quote name="spoonbill" post="689683" timestamp="1256846349"]
[quote author=Geaux25 link=topic=61263.msg689590#msg689590 date=1256842337]
Not the announcer, but I have been to my share of Nederland games.

To quote a popularized politician, sir...

"YOU LIE."
[/quote]i've personally been to games, jr high and high school, where both of these things have been done. it's not a big deal. it actually makes the kids mad and fires them up. the referees usually tell the coaches about the band thing and it mostly stops. you must have missed the games i was at or maybe don't know the players names. i can't believe that you haven't been to a nederland game where the band plays during the opposing offenses plays. this happens a lot. 
[/quote]

Have you been to a game when Vidor plays Ozen or Central??  Without a doubt two of the loudest bands who stay in the game at all times.  They are blowing you out the joint non-stop for 48 minutes... it's a part of the game and the atmosphere, you need to think of something else to gripe about.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Penny" post="689744" timestamp="1256850457"]
[quote author=spoonbill link=topic=61263.msg689683#msg689683 date=1256846349]
[quote author=Geaux25 link=topic=61263.msg689590#msg689590 date=1256842337]
Not the announcer, but I have been to my share of Nederland games.

To quote a popularized politician, sir...

"YOU LIE."
[/quote]i've personally been to games, jr high and high school, where both of these things have been done. it's not a big deal. it actually makes the kids mad and fires them up. the referees usually tell the coaches about the band thing and it mostly stops. you must have missed the games i was at or maybe don't know the players names. i can't believe that you haven't been to a nederland game where the band plays during the opposing offenses plays. this happens a lot.  
[/quote]

Have you been to a game when Vidor plays Ozen or Central??  Without a doubt two of the loudest bands who stay in the game at all times.  They are blowing you out the joint non-stop for 48 minutes... it's a part of the game and the atmosphere, you need to think of something else to gripe about.
[/quote]yes..i've been to a lot of games. usually the band plays after good plays, during time outs, and other breaks...not when the opposing offense is starting a play...nevermind. like i said, the direspect motivates the kids to do even better. go pirates. run it up and down that mud pit.

Ok Spoonbill,  You must not have been to too many high school games.  The bands ALWAYS play while the opposing team is on offense.  ALWAYS!!!!!!  Some bands even play when their OWN TEAM  is on offense.  If this issue really bothers you so much, you need to pay more attention to when the bands are playing .  You will see just how wrong you are.  Go to the Band message board on this site and ask the question "Does your band play when the opposing team has the ball,?"  You will be surprised to see that all of them do!!!

You must be thinking about College games where they can only play in between plays or timeouts.

[quote name="spoonbill" post="689312" timestamp="1256826588"]
[quote author=Geaux25 link=topic=61263.msg688996#msg688996 date=1256777889]
[quote author=spoonbill link=topic=61263.msg688769#msg688769 date=1256757063]
[quote author=TheRef link=topic=61263.msg688295#msg688295 date=1256698964]
Good Luck to both teams in the mud pit, called several jr high games at nederland this year and my cleats kept sticking in the mud on the pivot! Nederlands field is in horrible shape and I see a low scoring game after it rains all night Thursday night and most of the day Friday!
[/quote][b]i saw their field last night and it's already mushy and muddy. look for nederland's band to play some sort of fight song thru every vidor offensive play. i'm also sure they will mispronounce every vidor player's name when called.[/b][/quote]

What?

This has to be sarcastic...
[/quote]not sarcastic...just true. it even happens in the jr high games. don't worry, you'll probably hear this all night. "shayne tipman with another pirate first down". that is if you can hear it over your fight song. no class.
[/quote]You are right about one thing spoonbill, we probably won't be able to hear them call out shayne tipman because of the Nederland Fight song, the band usually plays it when Nederland is kicking butt or doing something good, so I agree, we probably won't hear his name much. I'll give you two band names that never stopped blowing noise, Ozen and Central, heck they don't even stop when their own coach is yelling at them. One thing and I'm done, you will never see a ref at a high school game go tell a head coach to tell his band to stop playing...Really now, spoonbill, band playing bothers you that much.

[quote name="James Mosley" post="689198" timestamp="1256808059"]
[quote author=smitty link=topic=61263.msg689035#msg689035 date=1256780962]
Well, James, my friend, this is taken out of the PN-G playbook.  If Ned can get up by two or three touches then it will be difficult for Vidor to catch up.  And I hope this will be the case.  But, the question was about defense.  Vidor has 3 of the top 8 rushers.  Ned is 2nd to last in defense and has given up 1638 yards rushing.  My point being: there's nothing in the past that shows Ned can control a good running attack.  Central had 396 yards rushing against Ned.  Someone brought up the Waller game.  I believe Waller had close to, if not over, 400 yards total.  That night it had more to do with Ned's offense.  Plus the 1st game with everyone healthy, Ned gave up over 400 yards against WO-S.  So, you are right, something's got to give.  We'll see Friday night.  I hope you are right.

[quote author=James Mosley link=topic=61263.msg688986#msg688986 date=1256777485]
[quote author=smitty link=topic=61263.msg688809#msg688809 date=1256759427]
I'm not sure Nederlands defense can stop Vidors running attack.  If anyone thinks they can, what in the past 8 games gives you that belief?  I'm willing to listen.
[/quote]It's all about match ups, Nederland will flat out out score Vidor because of how the offense matches ups against Vidors defense, Vidor will then get way behind and try to go to a passing offense to try and make up ground and it will find itself even farther behind. There you go smitty, I pretty much explained how it will happen....Hope you enjoy the results Friday night...
[/quote]
[/quote]Nederlands defense is playing better now, better than in the beginning of the season. Again smitty, my point is, Nederland won't be defending against the run late in the game. One more thing, Vidor could still put up 400 yards rushing tonight and lose by three touchdowns. hard to believe huh?
[/quote]If We put up 400 yards we will be running at will and you guys don't have a high scoring offense. It won't be close if we rush for 400.

[quote name="James Mosley" post="689926" timestamp="1256864800"]
O.K. your right, you rush for 300 and we still win by three touchdowns. That sounds more like what will really happen.
[/quote]WOW sounds like someone is still sore about a really good goal line stand back in 06! ;D

Pulled from the Orange Leader!

Vidor’s offense is the leading offense in District 20-4A with an average of 396.3 yards a game while Nederland’s defense ranks next to last giving up 330.5 yards a contest.

Vidor has the league’s second best defense after allowing 263.3 yards a game and Nederland’s offense is next to last with 229.4 put up a contest.

Wow you are right!!!! We are out matched in this one.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ::)

[quote name="png08" post="689947" timestamp="1256866168"]
Newsflash there not playing central this week there playing yall and they have improved. they have won 2 of there last 3 district games and even though stats dont speak well for them yall better be on your toes!
[/quote]Dude, noone is taking anyone lightly. We always get up for Nederland. It just so happend that Vidor is better than they usually are and Nederland is not. They may be a good team, I am not denying that, but we just happen to believe we are a better team this year. Next year could be a different story, (or it may not) but we are not there yet.

i agree on that but that 393 average a game is that an overall average or a district average im curious?? and also another reason for vidor high average of offensive production has to do with the teams they played in non district! a bunch of nobody's

[quote name="Pirate for Life!" post="689945" timestamp="1256866048"]
[quote author=James Mosley link=topic=61263.msg689926#msg689926 date=1256864800]
O.K. your right, you rush for 300 and we still win by three touchdowns. That sounds more like what will really happen.
[/quote]WOW sounds like someone is still sore about a really good goal line stand back in 06! ;D
[/quote]I try to forget about that game but every time I go to Vidor stadium I shake my head and say, man I can't believe we lost that game. Did Vidor make the playoffs that year I have already forgotten, did they?

[quote name="James Mosley" post="689963" timestamp="1256866863"]
[quote author=Pirate for Life! link=topic=61263.msg689945#msg689945 date=1256866048]
[quote author=James Mosley link=topic=61263.msg689926#msg689926 date=1256864800]
[/quote]I try to forget about that game but every time I go to Vidor stadium I shake my head and say, man I can't believe we lost that game. Did Vidor make the playoffs that year I have already forgotten, did they?

[/quote]Not sure if you really need an answer, but no we did not make it that year. Sad to say! >:(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami