Parents that dont support teams, coaches and refs shouldnt be at the games.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First things first. Orangefield, yall played a great game. Came out in the second half on fire and it was too much for us to handle. The refs did an alright job, some stuff I disagreed with but hey, that's the game.

But ok. Please do not judge us by the fans in our stands. Referring to the people that yelled insults at the refs and coaches all night. And then, after the game came down to the field stepped over the fence and got in our coaches faces and started yelling at them. Then got in the OF coaches face that was telling them they didn't need to be on the field. It is ridiculous that we as students had to witness this and quite frankly the game would be better without people like that.

So please allow me to apologize to everyone at the game on their behalf.

I'm sorry.

God bless.

:o

I thought the HJ coach acted like an adult and a parent forgot that their kid does not win every game. I can't speak for all OF Fans but I understand a few bad apples don't ruin the whole bunch!! Emotions are always high when a parent feels they are defending their child but I would think as much time as these coaches spend with these kids they care alot about them. By the way I saw one of the parents involved shaking hands with one of the coaches. HJ played well and best of luck tommorrow night.

Guest JustAPlayersMom

I have to confess.  I could not keep my mouth shut last year when Newton played Diboll.  The ref's were the worst I have ever seen.

However, I have never nor will I ever show disrespect for a coach.  

I agree that if you aren't going to support your team and coaches don't go to the game.  Sometimes you don't agree with the refs on some bad calls but don't let it get out of hand.  Also don't sit in the stands and talk about a kid or a coach because they are out there at least trying and if you can do better get out there and do it.

Kids are one thing, but to expect that a coach or referee deserves absolute support is naive. They are grown people that have chosen to do this work. They have not been anointed. Some are great at what they do. Others are far from it. All make mistakes. I agree that no one in the stands knows what the game plan is and for sure does not know what each situation in a game a coach thinks about, but to expect blind faith is a little arrogant. I'm not saying anything about kids that are playing, but I pay my taxes that pay those mens salary and if I don't agree with what I see, I reserve the right to express my concerns. Maybe we should ban spectators all together and play these games in a completely protected dome of sterile atmosphere. Maybe we should have spectator police that traverse the stands to weed out all the "undesirables", maybe we should extend it to if they don't wear all the right colors, have the right signs painted, etc.

Kids are one thing, but to expect that a coach or referee deserves absolute support is naive. They are grown people that have chosen to do this work. They have not been anointed. Some are great at what they do. Others are far from it. All make mistakes. I agree that no one in the stands knows what the game plan is and for sure does not know what each situation in a game a coach thinks about, but to expect blind faith is a little arrogant. I'm not saying anything about kids that are playing, but I pay my taxes that pay those mens salary and if I don't agree with what I see, I reserve the right to express my concerns. Maybe we should ban spectators all together and play these games in a completely protected dome of sterile atmosphere. Maybe we should have spectator police that traverse the stands to weed out all the "undesirables", maybe we should extend it to if they don't wear all the right colors, have the right signs painted, etc.

Ok then. Do you support a fan yelling at the refs/coaches all game and then after the game comming down on the feild getting in the coaches face screaming at him?

Thats what Im reffering too.

I was at the game and saw what happened. Some of the parents did cross the line with the yelling and especially with confronting the coaches after the game. There is a time and a place to voice your frustrations, but on the sidelines in front of the kids is not it. These are really good people who let their emotions get the best of them. From what I understand the issue was not about winning or losing, it was about how the 4th quarter was managed. I know that the coaches believe they acted in the best intrest of the kids, but some of the fans didn't see it that way. As far as the refs, you get good calls, you get bad calls, that's in any sport. Lets hope this was an isolated incident and next time cooler heads will prevail. GO HJ.

Ok then. Do you support a fan yelling at the refs/coaches all game and then after the game coming down on the feild getting in the coaches face screaming at him?

That is not what you said. Your talking as if some incident is common knowledge, when it's not. If your going to condemn something, you should be articulate enough to prevent confusion. By the way, I don't support going down on the field after anyone.

Ok then. Do you support a fan yelling at the refs/coaches all game and then after the game coming down on the feild getting in the coaches face screaming at him?

That is not what you said. Your talking as if some incident is common knowledge, when it's not. If your going to condemn something, you should be articulate enough to prevent confusion. By the way, I don't support going down on the field after anyone.

In the origian thread I explained everything but at the request of a coach I changed it. Sorry about not being specific enough.

As a coach I don't mind getting yelled at. But what abpout my wife and children who had to leave png early fri night. My children don't desrve to hear negative comments. You do have the right to your opinion. But come to our office and discuss it with us. Remember we usually spend more time with ur kids than we do our own. Just one coaches opinion

If and when your kid makes it to the next level.....go yell at that coach and see where it gets you... IF the coaches don't produce then they have bosses just like everyone else that they have to answer to. Coaches don't go to your job and tell you how to do them, then why do people feel like they have the right to yell at them all night. Most coaching stipends range from 2500- 3500 dollars. They do not do this because they get rich, they do it because they love kids and the game, and yet they have to answer questions from their 5 year old on why people do not like their dad. I personally get tired of it. I can take all the criticism in the world, but when I see my kid start crying like that it makes me want to beat the crap out someone. I personally have never met a coach that doesn't play to win and play the kids that give him the best chance to win, whether they are 10-0 or 0-10.... they always play to WIN.. So the next time you go to a game just remember who may be sitting around you...it may be a wife, a kid, a mom, a dad, or a grandparent of a coach... If you are one of these people who doesn't care and thinks just because youpay taxes you have the right to act like and a-hole then God be with you and your kids and lets hope they do not turn out like you.

I'm sorry guys but if you don't like your job as a coach then get out. As business people we are held accountable just like Coaches are and not much difference. Many of us are held accountable to stockholders, customers and our bosses. To hear the whining of a coach or to make yourself a martry come on. Like any other field there are some good ones but there are some that are not so good. Just bc many of us are not Coaches does not mean that we do not care about kids.  ??? What is bad is when a coach or staff develops a "us against them" attitude. Good for all professions that have a positive impact on all people.

I never said coaches are not held accountable...because they are. I said that I disagree with fans making comments and calling your dad  a SOB in the stands. You can disagree all you want, and if coaches do not produce they will get let go which is understandable. You would think of all people using and ETBU call sign that you would understand that. I graduated from there and know that the majority of people would not agree with you. It is a Christian based school and for you to condone that kind of action is repulsive. I know I am not perfect and I make mistakes all the time, but I will never forget the fundmental value that ETBU taught me on how to treat people.  I think you might have forgot it.

I never said coaches are not held accountable...because they are. I said that I disagree with fans making comments and calling your dad  a SOB in the stands. You can disagree all you want, and if coaches do not produce they will get let go which is understandable. You would think of all people using and ETBU call sign that you would understand that. I graduated from there and know that the majority of people would not agree with you. It is a Christian based school and for you to condone that kind of action is repulsive. I know I am not perfect and I make mistakes all the time, but I will never forget the fundmental value that ETBU taught me on how to treat people.  I think you might have forgot it. Stop whinning and go do something else if you dont like it.

That a boy when in doubt play the Christian card.  ??? I am not condoning the behavior of anyone but am saying that get rid of the martyr attitude. As far as my Christian beliefs I think that the LORD is capable of judging that not you. Nice try though.

It is different than job in business. I don't think any of us want sympathy we would just like people treat us with respect. It is just a game. We teach our kids far more important things than tackling.  As a parent I teach my children and players to treat all adults with repect. I don't understand how bashing an adult in front of a teenager  benifits that or any other teenager.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    haha369
    Newest Member
    haha369