*Vidor At Lumberton/Vidor wins 14-11/comments

Guest JoesBros

The L-Train lost again to the pirates. I guess they have our number. Well same as last year the one lost and we were still co-district champs. I can say this we don't fumble the ball and we wouldn't lose the game. Good job Vidor in taking care of the gift we gave you.

Luckily there are other Lumberton fans on here with class... I feel sorry for the rest of them having to deal with someone like you... Good job Lumberton, shut down our running game in the first half... VERY physical game... 2nd half was fun to watch... Good luck the rest of the way

but i will say this, ive seen vidor play before and the prayer involving both teams afterwards is something

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The parking at Vidor is worse.  Give me a break. As far as the game goes we lost the game because of our mistakes.  All the penalties, that one big fumble, and of course the missed field goals. We gave you that game.  I would not be surprised if yall lose another game or two in district.  Your defense needs a lot of work and you can't win district just being a one dimensional team.  Other teams will take advantage of this.

the game is over and vidor won that's that. both teams played sloppy last night and we have to admit that. regardless we will can't ask ourselves WHAT IF the game had went this way would the Raider have wont? Truth is we will never know! The game wasn't a total give away and you know it! Both teams did great. And as for who has the better parking. who cares! I mean really! It's  stupid to argue over parking. 

The parking at Vidor is worse.  Give me a break. As far as the game goes we lost the game because of our mistakes.  All the penalties, that one big fumble, and of course the missed field goals. We gave you that game.  I would not be surprised if yall lose another game or two in district.  Your defense needs a lot of work and you can't win district just being a one dimensional team.  Other teams will take advantage of this.

the game is over and vidor won that's that. both teams played sloppy last night and we have to admit that. regardless we will can't ask ourselves WHAT IF the game had went this way would the Raider have wont? Truth is we will never know! The game wasn't a total give away and you know it! Both teams did great. And as for who has the better parking. who cares! I mean really! It's  stupid to argue over parking. 

exactly, there are parking alternatives at both stadiums, they do the best they can with what they have

don't even start, you had the best refs money could buy

Then we need to spend our money better seeing how we had more penalties called on us than ya'll did.

And can we set the record straight on exactly WHY the flag was picked up against Lumberton?

Wasn't it because, before 10 yards you can't chop but after 10 you can...and it was after 10 yards...so the flag should NOT have been thrown in the first place?

Then we need to spend our money better seeing how we had more penalties called on us than ya'll did.

And can we set the record straight on exactly WHY the flag was picked up against Lumberton?

Wasn't it because, before 10 yards you can't chop but after 10 you can...and it was after 10 yards...so the flag should NOT have been thrown in the first place?

like a few of us have been saying! it's over now it doesn't matter. we can't what if! iwhat if yall had won would you even mention ref calls then prob not.the refs do the best they can at calling a game! but like said doesnt really matter now anyways. so let's move on and get ready for next weeks game! ok

like a few of us have been saying! it's over now it doesn't matter. we can't what if! iwhat if yall had won would you even mention ref calls then prob not.the refs do the best they can at calling a game! but like said doesnt really matter now anyways. so let's move on and get ready for next weeks game! ok

I know it doesn't matter. Tell that to your fellow vidor fans who keep talking about home cooking by the refs, lol. And ya'll won!

I know it doesn't matter. Tell that to your fellow vidor fans who keep talking about home cooking by the refs, lol. And ya'll won!

enough is enough
This is the hidden content, please

enough is enough
This is the hidden content, please

Now thats funny

Defenses cause fumbles, kickers miss fieldgoals because of defensive pressure sometimes.  thats part of football.  Learn how to lose gracefully with class.  I wouldn't be surprised if any team in this district loses a couple of games.  Evidently Lumberton's D needs a little work.  

Whats Vidor's all time record against Lumberton? 

Defenses cause fumbles, kickers miss fieldgoals because of defensive pressure sometimes.  thats part of football.  Learn how to lose gracefully with class.  I wouldn't be surprised if any team in this district loses a couple of games.  Evidently Lumberton's D needs a little work.  

Thats what I'm talking about bearbryant, in 15 games we have beat Lumberton 11 times.  We basically own them.  But, I guess they just "gave" us the other 10 wins.  So they can talk about dominating stats all they want, but in the history of this matchup it is clear who dominates who when the final whistle blows.

every team needs a little work! vidor didn't play the best last night! we were lucky that we won! both teams were sloppy! and if vidor had lost  i gurantee all of us vidor fans would be making excuses for why we lost. everybody does that because they want to win and are angry that they didn't so they find somone else to blame. yes we beat lumberton but there is no reason to pick on them now! what's done is done

The parking at Vidor is worse.  Give me a break. As far as the game goes we lost the game because of our mistakes.  All the penalties, that one big fumble, and of course the missed field goals. We gave you that game.  I would not be surprised if yall lose another game or two in district.  Your defense needs a lot of work and you can't win district just being a one dimensional team.  Other teams will take advantage of this

Arguing over parking? Really? Is that what you're reduced to?

Yeah, you lost the game because of mistakes. I think that statement could be applied to every team, that's ever lost a game.

Thanks for the gift.

Defense needs work? That same defense that kept you out of the endzone until the latter half of the 4th quarter?

I don't predict you can do much with a one dimensional team, but so far, it's working for Vidor.

Guest pirates

How in the world can you have "home cookin" by the officials when they are from College Station.  I talked to them on the field and they had plenty of questions about both teams.  The officials had no idea about Lumberton or Vidor.

Guest pirates

They were horrible for both teams!!! This is the 2nd crew i've seen this year from College Station and both were terrible!!

Koop, I agree that the officials from College Station has a different view on how the game should be played, but that does not mean Vidor got "home cooked".

Guest pirates

Always remember, when a team Doesn't use the Beaumont Chapter they are getting  a crew from somewhere else that DOESN'T even have a game that night.

Vidor, for their home games went to the Houston chapter pickins.  I went over there one year, it's conducted at Aldine High School.  Very well run and over a hundred schools there.

It sounded to me listening on here that no one on that football field could breathe heavy because if they did they got some type of penalty called on them  If them boys could have played some football and those refs not called everything in the book this game would have been different.  Both teams got blasted by penalties.  It was not more Lumberton or more Vidor from what I heard.  I honestly do not see why all the hatred and ugliness between the two places.  I grew up down there and went to school at one of them and let me tell you "we" have not always been as good as we are now.  The main reason that I pulled for Vidor was after reading so many nasty comments (Ex. calling the Pirates the "snuff gully boys?")  PLEASE!!!  I did not see any nasty comments aimed at Lumberton before that comment, if so, please tell me the post # and I will stand corrected.  To both places there are more good people on here than bad so don't think all Lumberton people or Vidorians are all alike.  I have said my peace!  Good luck to both teams the rest of the year!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kush1298
    Newest Member
    kush1298