*Vidor At Lumberton/Vidor wins 14-11/comments

Guest JoesBros

I just read all of the comments since my last post.  First of all, I was stating the facts. I'm not being a cry baby when I'm admitting our mistakes lost us the game.  Vidor took advantage of our miscues and that is why they won. They scored 14 points (remember this is an offense that was averaging close to 50 points per game).  One of the tds came from our fumble on our end of the field. Yes, we lost but how can you say we did not shut down this "high powered offense"?  It will probably be their lowest total of the season.  Our defense played their hearts out.  Nobody can deny that.  I think all you Vidorians are sore winners.  This game is over it's time to move on.  Yall need to worry about Ozen now and we will get back to work and focus on Central.  And to the guy who said he lost respect for Lumberton followers after reading all of this.  Go back and read some of the stuff your fellow pirates wrote.  All of their comments have only shown to us why Vidor has the reputation that it has.

I have seen plenty of comment on here from "VIDORIAN" saying that Lumberton's Defense played well and it was a tough game. And the Coach for vidor even said it himself that it was a lucky win for us.. so sore winners i think not! i do believe you said that the game was given to vidor..and all we are saying is It was not completely given to us! Vidor has come a long way..and we don't need people like you trying to ruin that for us!

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read all of the comments since my last post.  First of all, I was stating the facts. I'm not being a cry baby when I'm admitting our mistakes lost us the game.  Vidor took advantage of our miscues and that is why they won. They scored 14 points (remember this is an offense that was averaging close to 50 points per game).  One of the tds came from our fumble on our end of the field. Yes, we lost but how can you say we did not shut down this "high powered offense"?  It will probably be their lowest total of the season.  Our defense played their hearts out.  Nobody can deny that.  I think all you Vidorians are sore winners.  This game is over it's time to move on.  Yall need to worry about Ozen now and we will get back to work and focus on Central.  And to the guy who said he lost respect for Lumberton followers after reading all of this.  Go back and read some of the stuff your fellow pirates wrote.  All of their comments have only shown to us why Vidor has the reputation that it has.

I have seen plenty of comment on here from "VIDORIAN" saying that Lumberton's Defense played well and it was a tough game. And the Coach for vidor even said it himself that it was a lucky win for us.. so sore winners i think not! i do believe you said that the game was given to vidor..and all we are saying is It was not completely given to us! Vidor has come a long way..and we don't need people like you trying to ruin that for us!

Dont worry about it, man. LISD has been around for 42 years. 2 playoff appearances, and suddenly it's a community of Gridiron Gods. If they lose, it's a fluke, if they win, it's business as usual. (again, only targeted at the fans downplaying the victory for Vidor..doing their best Kanye impression, trying to take the moment.)

ok really people. Its sad seeing people still makin excusses about how we lost this game. People move on, yeah i was upset friday night about the lost but not cause we lost to a good team its cause im a senior at lumberton and it was my last homecoming game to go to as a student. Our boys have moved on. Great game vidor

Dont worry about it, man. LISD has been around for 42 years. 2 playoff appearances, and suddenly it's a community of Gridiron Gods. If they lose, it's a fluke, if they win, it's business as usual. (again, only targeted at the fans downplaying the victory for Vidor..doing their best Kanye impression, trying to take the moment.)

Yeap ...... and the last 42 years of Vidor's Football what was ya'lls last big time presents ........ 78/79 and that offense was real smash mouth football .......... MAN O MAN them boys were bad........ POWER "I" straight ahead, they used two quick lineman as blocking backs and a tail back.  Brian Harris(TB) is one of the toughest guys I played against.  J JONES was a bad bad man on the O-LINE!

So don't go blow ya'lls whistle my friend.

This is just a blog ...... have fun with it; CLASSLESS! LOL! 

Jordibug and Tenacious K--some of us remember when we were in school we could have lost by 3 touchdowns but IF we scored a field goal, let along a TD we celebrated like we won the game!!  I think the reason there is so much "hype" is because yes, Lumberton HAS come a LONG WAY, but it seems to me after being out of school for 20 years now and seeing how it is now, the good ole Raiders need to remember that they have only been good like this for 3 years and now all of a sudden they seem to be it and think no one else in the area can compete with them.  Sometimes you (and not you two in particular just the town I guess I am trying to say) need to remember where you came from.  Believe me I grew up in Lumberton first of kindergarten until my last day in 1989 and it hasn't always been what it is now.  I am proud of how far they have come but sometimes you have to prove it a little longer than three years.

Just my two cents!

Jordibug and Tenacious K--some of us remember when we were in school we could have lost by 3 touchdowns but IF we scored a field goal, let along a TD we celebrated like we won the game!!  I think the reason there is so much "hype" is because yes, Lumberton HAS come a LONG WAY, but it seems to me after being out of school for 20 years now and seeing how it is now, the good ole Raiders need to remember that they have only been good like this for 3 years and now all of a sudden they seem to be it and think no one else in the area can compete with them.  Sometimes you (and not you two in particular just the town I guess I am trying to say) need to remember where you came from.  Believe me I grew up in Lumberton first of kindergarten until my last day in 1989 and it hasn't always been what it is now.  I am proud of how far they have come but sometimes you have to prove it a little longer than three years.

Just my two cents!

I agree, I graduated in 87 and our football team was nowhere near what it is now, but it does not mean you don't have to be humble about your success. some fans are just over the top with their opinions and no one is guaranteed a winning season year after year, so you are right, don't forget where you came from! a W in vidors books, great job, good luck, and lets move on and focus on central... another tough one!

Just my two cents!

I agree, I graduated in 87 and our football team was nowhere near what it is now, but it does not mean you don't have to be humble about your success. some fans are just over the top with their opinions and no one is guaranteed a winning season year after year, so you are right, don't forget where you came from! a W in vidors books, great job, good luck, and lets move on and focus on central... another tough one!

I know where I'm from. I'm from Vidor, so if you're including me in the Lumberton group that has the "greater than thou" attitude, please dont.

I put in my time as a Pirate.

I graduated in 05, we played a lot of tough opponents, bounced around between 19 and 20 4a, and it was straight up rough. I love the face that we are on track now, support the current students 100 percent, and im enjoying what is now "raider nation" that being said, there is lots of buzz and excitement around town and sometimes it causes a lil too much emotion out of some fans. But back me up one this one Ltown faithful, its better than the somberness that has hung over our team for decades. good luck to all, lets play some ball!

I graduated in 05, we played a lot of tough opponents, bounced around between 19 and 20 4a, and it was straight up rough. I love the face that we are on track now, support the current students 100 percent, and im enjoying what is now "raider nation" that being said, there is lots of buzz and excitement around town and sometimes it causes a lil too much emotion out of some fans. But back me up one this one Ltown faithful, its better than the somberness that has hung over our team for decades. good luck to all, lets play some ball!

8)

Lumberton you have a good team....you can make all the excuses in the world, but only one fact remains.....so, move on.

Vidor you have a good team...let them think they got cheated....you won....move on.

Gentleman let's close this whineken thread and put it to rest!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Lumberton you have a good team....you can make all the excuses in the world, but only one fact remains.....so, move on.

Vidor you have a good team...let them think they got cheated....you won....move on.

I'm up for that. I think I've defended my alma matter enough on this thread.

second the motion...carry on!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    daxebeg833
    Newest Member
    daxebeg833