*Vidor At Lumberton/Vidor wins 14-11/comments

Guest JoesBros

Congrads out to Vidor first.Although it was the Raiders game to win.I was there and the raiders dominated but credit to Vidor they played tough inside the red zone  and only allowed 1 td and turned the raiders away from inside the red zone 3 times w/the Raiders only making 1 of 3 short field goals although the 2nd try was a bad snap,3rd try was long enough just 20 yds left of the pole.To many penalties 100 yds first half and a Raider turnover.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game to watch. Way too many penalties for both teams. Neither offense could get in rhythym. Good job Pirates on no turnovers. Great sportsmanship after the game from these 2 teams. Lumberton came over to the Vidor team after they shook hands and talked with their coach. Both teams knelt together and said a prayer. Well done Raiders. Good luck from here on out.

Christmas came early for the Pirates this year!  Way to hang in there.

Stats

Team Stats

Vidor  Lumberton

Total yards      273        361

First downs        9          20

Rushes/Yds  39/265    31/133

Average rush  6.79      4.29

Comp/Atts    1/2/0  18/28/0

Pass yards        8          228

Comp pct        50      64.29

Punts                4          1

Punting Yards  116          30

Punting Average 29        30

Fumbles/Lost    0/0    1/1

Penalties-yards 8-83      12-80

Man when I heard the 3 to 0 score I was like, man :o good game. Way to play Pirates.

We played Defense tonight, but I was worried about the Offense tonight! Hopefully next week we will be revved up both ways! Good game Lumberton, you had me worried more than once. I thought after we scored 14 we would hold and start to pull away, but they kept it close. L-Train has a good QB. He is hard to catch in the back field! ;D

Lumberton beat themselves.

This is only to select few, not the entire Raider-Nation, L-Train passengers, or anything like that.

Be classy, Raiders.

No stripes were out to get you. How many times did Vidor convert long 3rd downs only to have them taken back even further?

The fumble was a gift? I wasn't aware, but thank you.

You ran good plays, and played hard. As good as your QB was/is, I thought he was your weakness in that game. He seemed hesitant on his reads, and spent a lot of time running around, many times extending the play, many other times, taking a sack.

Your backs are tough, and ran great. Things are on the up and up in Lumberton. With all that new land development, people will move, and the quality of the team you field will only get better. (That's a scary thought, cause you already field a tough one.)

But stay classy. I could just as easily say your only touchdown came as a gift in the form of a Vidor personal foul call, cause we had you at fourth down prior to that. But I wont say it, cause penalties are part of the game, even the stupid/selfish ones like the Vidor DB showed by whatever he did. You played hard, be proud.

Congrads out to Vidor first.Although it was the Raiders game to win.I was there and the raiders dominated but credit to Vidor they played tough inside the red zone  and only allowed 1 td and turned the raiders away from inside the red zone 3 times w/the Raiders only making 1 of 3 short field goals although the 2nd try was a bad snap,3rd try was long enough just 20 yds left of the pole.To many penalties 100 yds first half and a Raider turnover.

Where and when did the Raiders dominate? I think you missed a great game.  ;D :o

Where and when did the Raiders dominate? I think you missed a great game.  ;D :o

Uhhhh... 

See for yourself....

Team Stats

Vidor  Lumberton

First downs        9          20

Average rush  6.79      4.29

Comp/Atts    1/2/0  18/28/0

Comp pct        50      64.29

Punts                4          1

Punting Average 29        30

Fumbles/Lost    0/0        1/1

You can't argue with them. We played our worst offensive game to date and won. Great win Pirates

Guest airitout123

Uhhhh... 

See for yourself....

Team Stats

Vidor   Lumberton

First downs         9          20

Average rush   6.79       4.29

Comp/Atts     1/2/0   18/28/0

Comp pct         50       64.29

Punts                4           1

Punting Average 29         30

Thanks for the stats...you still lost.

Congrads out to Vidor first.Although it was the Raiders game to win.I was there and the raiders dominated but credit to Vidor they played tough inside the red zone  and only allowed 1 td and turned the raiders away from inside the red zone 3 times w/the Raiders only making 1 of 3 short field goals although the 2nd try was a bad snap,3rd try was long enough just 20 yds left of the pole.To many penalties 100 yds first half and a Raider turnover.

You can't argue with them. We played our worst offensive game to date and won. Great win Pirates

This is exactly it.  You won.  Who cared about stats. 

Uhhhh... 

See for yourself....

Team Stats

Vidor   Lumberton

90 more total yards is domination? 20 first downs tell me you worked for them and our 9 tell me we gained yardage in bigger chunks. Or defense stopped you inside the 20 and forced field goals. Man up and quit crying.

Uhhhh... 

See for yourself....

Team Stats

Vidor   Lumberton

like i said. if we didn't have that in the red we win. Plain and simple.

Guest airitout123

Uhhhh... 

See for yourself....

Team Stats

Vidor   Lumberton

like i said. if we didn't have that in the red we win. Plain and simple.

The only thing worse than you losing is getting on here and making excuses for losing.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    daxebeg833
    Newest Member
    daxebeg833