*** Breaking News *** Livingston Stadium

Huggie

Livingston, TX - AP Wire

Friday night, City detectives from Lumberton discovered a new football stadium behind the Livingston, Texas High School.  The new stadium had thousands of Livingston fans screaming at the 150' Jumbotron as they watched the The Lumberton-Livingston football game being broadcast.  The Livingston Fire Marshall was found in the Visitors Suite Box and was quoted "We're having a heckuva time".  Earlier in the week and a show of incredible generosity, the Livingston Athletic Dept donated 1500 tickets to Lumberton fans so they could also watch the game.

Is there going to be a lottery to see who get's to go?  Why not move it to Silsbee stadium, it is open this week.

Wouldn't that be nice.  Silsbee is what 10 miles from Lumberton?  Instead of getting on here running down Livingston because their stadium is so small, leave early tonight.  Go to livingston and eat out.  Tell everyone that you see that Livingston needs to do something about their facilities (ie. the Football Stadium).  Maybe you will get something across to the towns people who could careless if a new stadium is ever built.  Every team that supports their kids in lagre numbers go early and help out.  Heck everybody likes to eat and there are some good palces to eat. 

Sorry, I couldn't resist ;D  But I hope someone comes up with a better plan than shutting the gates!  That's a lot of dollars standing outside (tickets, consessions, programs)

been working some crazy hours! so what is the dealeo with livingstons stadium? I am getting the impression that it's not up to par ???

Sorry, I couldn't resist ;D  But I hope someone comes up with a better plan than shutting the gates!  That's a lot of dollars standing outside (tickets, consessions, programs)

been working some crazy hours! so what is the dealeo with livingstons stadium? I am getting the impression that it's not up to par ???

Wolfgang,

They are only allowing 1500 for the vistors side because of fire code.  Oh, and don't expect standing room only.  If you don't have a ticket right now, you aren't getting in to watch the game.  And don't forget that probably 1/3 of the visitors side will be taken by band and drill team, so that leaves 1000 for the fans.  Sounds pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

Guest JustAPlayersMom

Hum, I think you may have figured out a way for them to build a bigger stadium.  Stand outside the gates and sell food, programs plus rent lawn chairs.  I don't think that would be violating the fire code since the spectators would be outside the stadium.

Also, can you imagine how much a "mother" would pay for a ticket to watch her baby boy play football.

Can you all say PRICELESS!  For everything else there is mastercard...he he  

Wolfgang,

They are only allowing 1500 for the vistors side because of fire code.  Oh, and don't expect standing room only.  If you don't have a ticket right now, you aren't getting in to watch the game.  And don't forget that probably 1/3 of the visitors side will be taken by band and drill team, so that leaves 1000 for the fans.  Sounds pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

Are the stands made out of wood?  Geez... how old is this stadium? 

If your visitors side don't hold atleast 3,000 then it needs to be played at a neutral site. Thats a shame that everyone can't go due to poor planning. I say boot Livingston out of the district until they can either provide portable stands or let people sit on the track. Something has to give that's horrible.

Amen brother ^5

Hum, I think you may have figured out a way for them to build a bigger stadium.  Stand outside the gates and sell food, programs plus rent lawn chairs.  I don't think that would be violating the fire code since the spectators would be outside the stadium.

Also, can you imagine how much a "mother" would pay for a ticket to watch her baby boy play football.

Can you all say PRICELESS!  For everything else there is mastercard...he he  

Mastercard.gif

Wolfgang,

Are the stands made out of wood?  Geez... how old is this stadium?   

How Old ??? I do not know but it was old when I played a game against Livingston back in 1975  LOL

Shame, Shame Scalp'em, lend them some of that refinery money for the updates. Can i borrow a tissue for next week,!

We don't lend, we GIVE it away. The state of Texas has the Robin Hood plan of school finance. Livinston could always do what PNG did- Pass a bond issue, spend ALL they can on the football stadium and if any is left spend it on class rooms! :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin