OF vs. Newton Predictions? Game Will Be Broadcasted Here On The Site!

KFDM COOP

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bleed orange

Great post Bobkat. Will we beat Newton?  I hope so but realistically it will be a challenge. So will us beating the district champs WOS and the lock for second Silsbee. Our kids or up for the challenge. All I can say is now I pull for HJ,OF, HF and BC which is hard. Just kidding. I pull for those teams because they don't have a chance according to some people. 

newton  played terrible with all the turn overs against silsbee.  they  will come out ready to play this week.   newton will roll by at least  21 points . they want take orangefield for granite like they did silsbee

I know that the Eagles turned the ball over more than their fans would like, but Silsbee caused at least a few of them with a hard hitting, ball stipping defense; as for the Eagles taking the Tigers for granted, I don't think so, they ran into a good 3A teams A-Game. Silsbee is Team that, like the Eagles, improves with every game and can test everyone they play. Newton did turn the ball over 5 times and still held silsbee to  20 points that pretty good i think, considering silsbee is a pass happy team with a 5 star caliber qb

My nephew plays for O'field, and I really like the structure and intensity the new coach has brought in.  I think Newton will prove too much for them, but O'field will make a good showing.  I am predicting Newton 34 - Orangefield 21.  Orangefield, 2 and 2 is not too bad compared to last year, and the season is still young. 

Kudos to OF...their head coach and his staff have done a remarkable job thus far bringing a revived excitement to the community and school.  But....Newton is a different animal than OF has played all season long.  OF will make a game of it early, but the Eagles will overcome any overconfidence they have and put the 'Cats away early 3rd quarter.

It's six of one and half a dozen of another on how playing quality opponents on your non-district schedule prepares your team for district competition.

Good Luck to both teams Friday night.

Hoping for a good game in this one, but Orangefield and there new coach has'nt seen a team like Newton yet and I think Newton will be to much for OF. NEWTON 38  Orangefield 15

Wow, now I understand why Coach Huckabay goes berserk when/ if he finds out any of his kids read any message boards. I understand the comments.  Newton has a coach and tradition that has been there for 30 years and I have total respect for him, and his program.  However, Coaching is a huge part of any sport, especially high school football.  The problem at OF is they have been coached down for the last several years.  What does that mean?  You know, "well we don't have a chance here, we can't win that game either, well if we really play well we might can be competitive in that one".... That kind of coaching makes for a mentality of losing.  The saying, "winning is a habit, unfortunately so is losing," couldn't be more true here.  I can tell you one thing, our boys aren't scared, and they are going to play very hard Friday night, regardless of the outcome.  That in itself is a huge change and a welcome one.

I was a junior too...played center on that team. We were huge too, I was the smallest guy on the line that year. Had two all state lineman on that team and we just ran right at people...3 yards and a cloud of dust!!! Then when people would continue to stack the box, Granger would go up top on people. Very good team!!!

Yes yall did...if you met Granger at the coin toss you met me too...I was number 55. We were the two captains for that season and basically we were 2 of the 3 players that returned on offense that year. We played yall pretty tough in the first half...yall were up 21-14, but really took it to us in the 2nd half. Final was 42-14 I believe!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder