OF vs. Newton Predictions? Game Will Be Broadcasted Here On The Site!

KFDM COOP

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bleed orange

I played for coach Peveto and it was a battle every year. Always went down to the wire. We finally got a coach who is "Old School" and the kids are buying into his system and they should. "Old School is the only way and I promise you Coach Barbay would agree. His record speaks for itself. He is "Old School" plain an simple. Sometimes a team may not be as talented as the team they are playing but if you do the "Little" things right anything can happen. Go Bobcats!!!!!!!!!!

Guest JustAPlayersMom

I'll have to take Barbay's Boys on this one.  I am hoping they don't have a repeat of the Silsbee game.

I will have to miss this one but hubby promises to keep me updated while I am driving in from the airport.

I remember those years as well, but had long been only a spectator. Granger was a great athlete. I also remember not liking Peveto all that much. He could get very animated on the sideline. But all that is water under the bridge now. Newton seems to struggle early this year and pull games out late. Should be another exciting game this week.

NOTWENS

I have a son that played tackle for Newton in those games. He got a scholarship to McNeese and tore up a knee. Wasn't

the 88 team that several players got kicked off the team after the O-field game for messing up big time. Also in 89 the Mexia game still

have some regrets. Only time I ever seen Curtis throw the halfback option pass.

NOTWENS

I have a son that played tackle for Newton in those games. He got a scholarship to McNeese and tore up a knee. Wasn't

the 88 team that several players got kicked off the team after the O-field game for messing up big time. Also in 89 the Mexia game still

have some regrets. Only time I ever seen Curtis throw the halfback option pass.

But it wasn't football related, right?

yep they got kicked off for drinking before the game. coach barbay found out afterwards.  he does  not play at all.  they were good players  and he got rid of them  withe the quickness.  that mexia game !  i still have dreams about that one. that was a slot/wingback  pass

Wasn't that the first year the J. V. went undefeated. Man ,back then you guys had nearly 100 guys out for 9th, J.V. and

Varsity. He was walking on the clouds for a week or so getting moved to varsity but he found out they were salty. He still

has a copy of all but the 89 play-off games. Loaned the play-off games to some-one. I'll try to get him on here to get in touch.

He only has goog memories of Newton and you guys. Even the party after the Mexia game at our house.

Coach Barbay is not looking past Orangefield. He said he wasn't going to save anything for "round two" He was going for the knockout. He said Orangefield players are buying in to what their coach is teaching and should get better week by week. He said that Silsbee had come out with a lot of focus and intensity last week and looks for the Bobcats to do the same. Should be an exciting game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder