Best Game Ever Witnessed

JMay

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been so many it's hard to pick one, but I'll pick WOS-Jasper in the 1986 quarter-final. Jasper beat the Stangs in district earlier that year and this was the rematch. It was a very close game until Desmond Smith scored for WOS on a trick play ( guard around) that worked perfectly. The rest is history as the Mustangs went on to win state that year and in 87. That was probably the most talented bunch I have ever seen in Jasper...........and they have had some good ones.

LOL, I expected vidor's superbowl to be on his list.  ::)

Ned vs Bridge City in 91 (Penny will back me up on this one) -Ned was down two or three tds and staged a huge comeback in Bridge City's backyard. Three tds in the last two quarters to win 40-39 in the freezing cold.-Played in this one.

Wos-PNG- I don't remember the year but I believe it was a 3-0 win by Wos in the last minutes of the game.

Ned vs Bay City- the 7-0 loss to in the Dome. Heartbreaker

Ned vs Friendswood (2001) Ned shuts down Friendswoods O to get over the hump and into the semi-finals.

Ned vs Magnolia (2001) 20-19 with the Dogs kicking a FG in the last minutes.

Ned vs LCM(2006) Ned is in a must win situation and down by 13 in the 4th.  Micah Mosely takes over and helps lead the Dogs downfield twice in the last 8 minutes including scoring the 2 point conversion to win and keep the Dogs in the playoff hunt for the 11th straight year.

;D

I rather lose to NED and make the playoffs

My point exactly scooter.  All the games but one that I listed actually had some bearing on the season and the playoffs, you know piratefan, those game things that they have after the regular season.  If you want to discuss spankings, shall I bring up all the 30-40 point whuppins that Ned has put on vidor vs your little 4 point superbowl?

My point exactly scooter.  All the games but one that I listed actually had some bearing on the season and the playoffs, you know piratefan, those game things that they have after the regular season.  If you want to discuss spankings, shall I bring up all the 30-40 point whuppins that Ned has put on vidor vs your little 4 point superbowl?

you are famous for bringing up when grandpappy played..

why not talk about this year?? why not talk about how lucky yall were to get in??why not talk about how yall got embarrassed when Central came to town??

Lets talk about this year.  You beat us and proceeded to lose then next 5 games.  We went on to win 4 of our last 5 games including coming from behind to beat LCM, (one of the teams you lost to) to pretty much secure a playoff spot for the [move]11th straight year.[/move] We then proceeded to go two rounds deep while you sat at home and kept talking about a game that happened six weeks before and had no bearing on the season.  Did I get it about right?

just like every year you make it out of the golden triangle and yall get beat..people from nederland need to realize that there is football otu side of mid county..

lets talk about this year..you should be proud that your 5-5 team went to the playoffs another year.

I wouldnt be proud that a team that what you say is "bad "like us beat yall..

you barely beat LCM and wow the other teams you beat were Lumberton and Ozen..dont forget about yalls sister PNG..You should be proud of that..but what yall fail to realize when yall do make it to the playoffs,yall are suppose to win..not come home the second week every year..

so what you are saying that you are a team that can barely beat weak teams and maybe lose sometimes,But just enough to slide by and get into the Playoffs.

You are just happy to do that..

Come back and talk to me when yall do a little something, when yall get there instead of just being happy and that being yalls "superbowl "that yall made it out of the golden triangle..

Wow Nederland made it out of the golden triangle.Woooo!!.but once again realizes that there IS football outside of midcounty!!

I never said there wasn't.  But guess what, you don't have a chance at the state championship, which is our goal every year, if you don't make the playoffs.

Ned has been as far as the semifinals recently, and does have a state championship. So I have two two-part questions for you piratefan,

1. When was the last time vidor acutally made the playoffs, and how many times total.

2 Who knocked you out of those playoffs and in what round.

well i believe you are a history guru ,so you figure it out.

I am not the one on here bragging about how we go to the playoffs.

sounds to me that you are satisfied with getting out of the golden triangle and then of course yall get beat..

sounds to me that is your goal is to just make it to the playoffs.. congrats on getting out of this area and then yall face the first tough team and get whipped..congrats

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin