Best Game Ever Witnessed

JMay

Silsbee vs Nederland in 93 Playoff game Jay Mcguire ran wild on the Bulldogs

Actually, that wasn't a playoff game. It was a regular season game that Silsbee won 48-44. Jay McGuire rushed for 454 yards that night. He had a total all-purpose yardage of over 600 yards in that game with 6 td's.

Now Silsbee and Nederland did play each other again that year in the playoffs but McGuire did not play. He had broken his leg in the regular season finale against Jasper. You would think that Silsbee wouldn't of stood a chance against Nederland without Jay but they beat the Bulldogs 34-7 in that playoff game. Stanley Rhone, Silsbee's fullback moved to the tailback position in that game and rushed for 190 yards, 3 td's. Also, in the regular season game, Silsbee chose to play a zone and not blitz and the Nederland QB Hood, picked Silsbee's secondary apart. In the playoff game, Silsbee went man defense and blitzed pretty much all night. They sacked Hood 10 times in that game, with 2 int's. It was a great defensive game plan by the Tiger coaches.

I have both those games on tape, watch it every now and then.

Was Nederland 3A at that time?

No, Silsbee was 4A. Silsbee has just been 3A for the last 5 years.

And Jasper was 4A as well?

Yes, Jasper was 4A as well. Jasper only dropped down to 3A just a couple of years prior to Silsbee dropping down.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, that wasn't a playoff game. It was a regular season game that Silsbee won 48-44. Jay McGuire rushed for 454 yards that night. He had a total all-purpose yardage of over 600 yards in that game with 6 td's.

Now Silsbee and Nederland did play each other again that year in the playoffs but McGuire did not play. He had broken his leg in the regular season finale against Jasper. You would think that Silsbee wouldn't of stood a chance against Nederland without Jay but they beat the Bulldogs 34-7 in that playoff game. Stanley Rhone, Silsbee's fullback moved to the tailback position in that game and rushed for 190 yards, 3 td's. Also, in the regular season game, Silsbee chose to play a zone and not blitz and the Nederland QB Hood, picked Silsbee's secondary apart. In the playoff game, Silsbee went man defense and blitzed pretty much all night. They sacked Hood 10 times in that game, with 2 int's. It was a great defensive game plan by the Tiger coaches.

I believe Jasper dropped from 4a to 3a in the 2002 season...

Ok. That makes sense.

I remember Silsbee played my Jags in a good defensive game in 2003.  I believe the score ended up being 3-0 Jags.  Great defensive struggle!  I think your Tigers had William Morrissy (sp), the big Lineman.

I remember that game. Silsbee had two chances to score that night, threw an int in the endzone and fumbled at the 7 yard line.

Yes, Morrissey was on that Tiger team. He was a man among boys back then.

I believe Jasper dropped from 4a to 3a in the 2002 season...

Ok. That makes sense.

I stand corrected.  I just checked the archives.  Jasper became 3a during the 2001 season.  Heck, I was close!  ;D

THE 1963 BI DISTRICT GAME BETWEEN SAN ANTONIO BRECKENRIDGE AND SAN ANTONIO LEE, FEATURING BRECKENRIDGE'S WARREN MCVEA AND LEE'S LINUS BAER. IN 1963 THEY WERE THE 2 TOP RATED RUNNING BACKS IN TEXAS AND PROBABLY THE NATION.  LEE WON THE GAME 55-48 ON A LAST "SECOND" TD, NOT BY BAER, BUT BY ANOTHER LEE BACK.  MCVEA RUSHED FOR OVER 200 YARDS.

MCVEA WENT ON TO PLAY FOR UH AND THEN THE KC CHIEFS. BAER PLAYED AT TEXAS UNIVERSITY. I DON'T KNOW IF HE PLAYED PRO.

Guest GoStangs

WOS vs. Kerville Tivy.....I don't remember the year, but it was the game when Kevin Smith leap over the offensive line of Tivy and sack the QB.  He timed it so perfect and everyone in the Dome went crazy.  The best part about it all was that Tivy was on the WOS 2 yard line.

Right game, wrong player...Quentin Tezeno, 1987.  28-21, I think....

We won 21-7 that year.  After the hit, we drove the ball all the way down the field for a TD to go up 14-7.  The big play on that drive was a bomb to Kevin Smith.  We got a late TD on a pass from Tremaine Lewis to Eric West to ice the game.

I agree with Smitty

PNG vs TJ 1971

TJ is up 21 - 0 before they ever kicked off to our return man ( Jeff Bergeron )

PNG won the game 28 -21

TJ's QB went to the hospital and came back to the game and all most won it for TJ - I think the QB was Larry Meyer( could be wrong on that one )

I was sitting in the Junior High section when they stilled called it Jr. High and had a Jr. High section

I wanted to add a couple in case they haven't bee mentioned.

The Ned vs LCM game that Micah took over in the last quarter. (Got us a playoff berth)

Also the Ned vs friendswood game that went double OT. (Second one in a row, Ned lost the first one in Friendswood) the fans flooded the field after the game!

After reading all the replys, I jotted down how many of the games mentioned I was actually at. These are the ones i know for sure.

PNG / Schertz Clemons Semi's Kyle Field

Gilmer/Jasper State Finals

WOS/ Calallen 200 Semi's

Ned/ Friendswood Quarter Final Game 2001

Ozen/Vidor Triple Overtime

Ozen/Nederland 2004 40-37

West Brook/Mayde Creek Playoff Rice Stadium

Ozen/Jasper Nash 60yd TD  Jasper on OT

Now my favorite even though West Brook came out on the losing in

West Brook/ Katy Quarter Final  Dome WB QB Bernard got kicked out of game and Katy scores twice in last 2 min of game to win.

After reading all the replys, I jotted down how many of the games mentioned I was actually at. These are the ones i know for sure.

Ozen/Jasper Nash 60yd TD  Jasper on OT

Now my favorite even though West Brook came out on the losing in

West Brook/ Katy Quarter Final  Dome WB QB Bernard got kicked out of game and Katy scores twice in last 2 min of game to win.

I was at both these games. I had people on Jasper side tripping out! Every play Ozen ran in OT and that 4th qtr I called it. The missed FG---called it. and the sad part about it--Jasper didnt play Jasper football that night, guess they were more into going to the haunted hotel after the game.

as far that Katy game----thats why I dont like Katy to this day, i shed so many tears on the way back home from that game-I was HEATED! Malbrough played great. but i still say---NO ONE from Katy got kicked out that game, if any player was suppose to get kicked out it wasnt Bernard it was that Katy player that kicked the WB player when he was on the field.  >:(  

Two best games I can think of are the Jasper/Gilmer game..that was a workout just watching it.

The second was in the 1994 when Jasper finally beat WO-S in the playoffs.  It was the one and only time we  beat them in the playoffs with several attempts.  Felt good.  Wasn't that game at SFA also?

yea i was a senior that year at wos.  we had josh tims who was our big play guy on defense and offense.  jasper had terrence currington.  i think he torched us that night.  the only memory i have from that game is when jasper scored their last touchdown of the night to seal the victory, the dogs quarterback turned to our sideline and waved goodbye to us. :evil:

what college did he end up going to? I remember him--#4 played RB and FS.  and was that QB Jake Montoyer? (sp)

Memorial vs. Aldine 2003 @ Galena Park stadium. Aldine lead 34-7 at the half, majority of our fans left at halftime. Memorial rallied to win the game 41-40 behind a great second half by Jamaal Charles. I was one of the few fans that stayed and it ended up being the best game ive ever seen.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    asfdefsa01
    Newest Member
    asfdefsa01