Best Game Ever Witnessed

JMay

Another great one I saw was the year that Nederland broke the double digit losing streak to PNG..we stormed the field :)

Unfortunately...

I was a senior at PN-G on the field...

What a horrible night....

As for me....

The greatest game I ever saw was the PN-G vs TJ game in 1980.

One of the largest crowds ever at the Reservation..

and again...

unfortunately...

PN-G lost 14 - 13.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PNG vs WOS 1992-  HOw has this one not been mentioned?  Unless I missed it. 

PNG stops WO-S at the goal line on a 2 pt conversion try for the game.  19 seconds left.  WOS fumbled to the back of the endzone and it was eventually recovered by a WOS player but the officials ruled the fumble had to be recovered by the RB who fumbled it to advance for the score.  PNG wins in Dramatic fashion to take the District Championship.

Guest tigersvoice

Best game of 2008 that I saw was E.C. Vs. Buna. I guess you could say E.C. Vs. Kountze was good but not if your from E.C.

You've already seen a 2008 High School Football game? ;D

Here goes!  SFA - Barbers Hill 1999  Eric Alexander goes down with an injury in 4th quarter.  Game tied up. Game being played on a Saturday so coaches from all over the area are enjoying the food and drinks in the memorial stadium pressbox.  Freshman QB(Chip Laurent) leads SFA to a 4 overtime victory on a hail mary pass on 4th and about 35 to his cousin. 

PNG vs WOS 1992-  HOw has this one not been mentioned?  Unless I missed it. 

PNG stops WO-S at the goal line on a 2 pt conversion try for the game.  19 seconds left.  WOS fumbled to the back of the endzone and it was eventually recovered by a WOS player but the officials ruled the fumble had to be recovered by the RB who fumbled it to advance for the score.  PNG wins in Dramatic fashion to take the District Championship.

Because the fans from WOS will NEVER forget 1992, but try not to mention it because it stirs up bad feelings.  We even had a t-shirt "Remember '92"  Reasons why:  and it listed the schools. 

In '96 the E.C./Deweyville game came down to a missed 2pt. conversion by Deweyville.  Ec was #8 in state and Deweyville was # 9 or 10 at the time.  It was standing room only with people parking along the fence and pulling lawn chairs up to the outside fence.  Rhino remembers that game.  It was always fun playing D-Ville because it turned into a pretty good rivalry.

back in 06 when Bh came to galena park and was down 22 -6 at half and came back with about thirty seconds left to tie it up and bring it into overtime the crowd was goin crazy and the rain was makin it a classic BH held GP on their first possesion of OT then Blake Patton came and ran to take the win and district title

The best playoff high school game I've seen was West Brook vs Mayde Creek. What a game, both teams battled it out to the end. Chip Ambres had a monster game. District game Ozen vs Jasper. Ozen had a receiver #2 Nash caught a pass with less than a minute on the clock between 4 defenders and race 60 yards for touchdown to send the game into overtime. Although Ozen loss the game overtime it ranks as one of the most exciting games I ever seen.

No, it was Nederland.  Nederland was up by 6 with 40 seconds left and got beat on a 80 something yard touchdown pass. I was there, it was 89 and that was the year WOS was #1 and PNG was in the top 10, PNG had McGill.

You must be thinking of a different game Penny. In 1989 PNG won by a score of 41-7. That game started with a Ron McGill 76 yard TD run on the first offensive possesion. PNG's secondary took over from there and intercepted Mr English many times that night. I'm trying to remember which game it was you are remembering, but can't. Checking all the scores and can't figure it.

Although one pretty good one was when it came down to a Joey Price 40 yard FG(which he didn't miss many) to win or lose and it was wide right by about a foot,Nederland wins. The best game that gets my vote is the PNG Shertz Clemens Semi Final game at Kyle Field. Dustin Long led an awesome final drive to close the deal.

05 playoffs between K-ville and BH.  Back and forth the whole game.  Drew Hazlewood led a 93 yd drive in the final 73 seconds and he kicked the game winning FG with 3 secs left to advance to Regional round.  Without a doubt the greatest game I have ever seen in my life!!!  "Greatest Game the Wildcats Ever Played"!!!

1998 Liberty vs. Barbers Hill when Liberty won on a 4th quarter comeback 38-30 to a must win game to make the playoffs led by QB Chambers..

2000 Liberty vs. Hardin-Jefferson Liberty won 28-26 in 2OT at HJ...

2002 Liberty vs. Orangefield Bi-District round played at Liberty... Liberty won 14-10 before starting the season 0-3 and finishing 6-6

2003 Liberty vs. Bridge City... Liberty won 31-29 after a last second touchdown pass from QB Smart to WR Foreman... went 10-0 that year and lost the first round to Orangefield...

2004 Liberty vs. Barbers Hill... Liberty won 34-27 in OT at BH to be crownd the District Champions for the 2nd straight year

2005 Liberty vs. Huffaman... liberty won 28-27 on a missed field goal by Huffman..

i saw a couple already mentioned on here...the 2002 Liberty/Orangfield bi-district game was a pretty good game, also the North Shore/Madison playoff game w/ Vince Young was pretty special...also when I was younger Liberty was playing Stafford I believe, the game was a close one the whole way through and Stafford had finally wrapped the game up and was kneeling it out, anyway when they went to kneel on the last play the DT punched the ball when it was hiked, shot through the QB's legs the RB wasn't paying attention and it went through his legs too, then a Liberty linebacker ran back and got the ball which had traveled into the endzone, touchdown and Liberty won....

All games pale (with respect to unbelievablilty) in comparison to one I saw my freshman year of high school though...1999 Baytown Sterling vs. Katy, in one of the most unbelievable upsets I have ever seen, and probably one of the most unprobable in Texas high school football history, Sterling ended Katy's 35 game regular season win streak on Katy's homecoming game 28-25 when Katy was ranked not only number 1 in the state but top 5 (may have been number 1) in the nation...that was one crazy game....to round the year out Sterling ended up finding a way to miss the playoffs again while Katy's only other loss was the state final game....

i saw a couple already mentioned on here...the 2002 Liberty/Orangfield bi-district game was a pretty good game, also the North Shore/Madison playoff game w/ Vince Young was pretty special...also when I was younger Liberty was playing Stafford I believe, the game was a close one the whole way through and Stafford had finally wrapped the game up and was kneeling it out, anyway when they went to kneel on the last play the DT punched the ball when it was hiked, shot through the QB's legs the RB wasn't paying attention and it went through his legs too, then a Liberty linebacker ran back and got the ball which had traveled into the endzone, touchdown and Liberty won....

All games pale (with respect to unbelievablilty) in comparison to one I saw my freshman year of high school though...1999 Baytown Sterling vs. Katy, in one of the most unbelievable upsets I have ever seen, and probably one of the most unprobable in Texas high school football history, Sterling ended Katy's 35 game regular season win streak on Katy's homecoming game 28-25 when Katy was ranked not only number 1 in the state but top 5 (may have been number 1) in the nation...that was one crazy game....to round the year out Sterling ended up finding a way to miss the playoffs again while Katy's only other loss was the state final game....

Hey what year was that When Liberty beat Stafford off that last minute turnover...

Hey what year was that When Liberty beat Stafford off that last minute turnover...

i have no idea, i was little so early 90's i would guess....and i think it was Stafford, its possible it was another team...actually i am looking at the team history right now and they did not play stafford in teh early 90s, but there was 2 close games in 98 and 99....im pretty sure that the game was when i was much younger though...i guess it wasnt stafford but the game did happen....

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ECBucFan

1993 HF vs SFA bi-district playoff

The Horns knocked off a state-ranked SFA team that they supposedly "couldn't hang with".

Awesome game! Donohoe plowed through em' at the end!  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    geho
    Newest Member
    geho