Best Game Ever Witnessed

JMay

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best game for Nederland was coming from behind against LCM down by 12 points late in the forth quarter and converting back to back scores plus 2 pt. conversion. This helped us continue our playoff streak, become Bi-district champions and keep the tradition alive. Even though we lost to Vidor that also was a great game. Vidor did not quit.

Guest Sports Cards

Another great PN-G I witnessed was '96 against Bridge City. Bridge City had a good team that year. That was the year of the infamous two day game because of the weather with WO-S. Bridge City took a 12 point with 4 minutes to go and we came back to win it. We scored the winning TD with about 20 seconds to go on 4th down. Clinched us the outright district championship.

I've slept since I watched these games, but these are my favorites and this is how I remember them, if my facts are wrong..... well perception is reality for me :-)

Little ol' Bridge City with a chance for a piece of a 4A District Championship, if they lose, their lacing up the B-ball shoes...... up 26 to 14 with four minutes to go against a stout PNG team. That was a great game. One BC will never forget.

PNG also had a great game that year against Nederland. They were down 14-0 after a punt return for a TD and an INT for a TD to start the game off, there QB, Prosperie, goes down with an ankle injury in the pouring down rain. PNG rallies to win 17-14 if memory serves.

Come to think about it... PNG also played Vidor in a great RAIN game. Down 6-0 for most of the game, Vidor's punter "apparently" touched his knee to the ground catching the snap, setting up PNG excellent field position for the game winning touchdown. 7-6.

The fourth game I witnessed was the Jasper / Gilmer game. Down 35-21 at half, Jasper started the second half with a fumble for another Gilmer TD making it 42-21 in the 3rd quarter. Jasper rallied all the way back to 47-49 with all the momentum and a chance to tie late in the 4th on a two point conversion, which the ref's say didn't cross the line. Jasper also had a GREAT GREAT game against Waco Connelly on their way to State.

• 5 months later...
Guest Holton Johnson

None of the games mentioned come close to comparing with the Plane East vs Tyler Lee game, don't remember the year but it made the monday night football highlights.

• 10 months later...
Guest OSlookingN

I know this is a SETX board But, THE best game I ever witnessed was Between DeQuincy & Vinton in the mid 90's was played for the district title (5-AA) standing room only(on Track). Vinton was down I think by 5 on DeQuincy's 17 yard line,with seconds left. Coach calls time out to talk over the last play. As soon as the Offense gets to the side line Vintons wide out says "Coach the post is open, we can win. Put the ball in my hands!" Vinton's Coach doesn't bink an eye  looks at his QB and Says " Ok make me look good !!"  They go out and and win the District  on the last play of the Game.

Guest Penny

Ned v. WOS - 1989, had the #1 team in the state down with 40 seconds left... only to have heart ripped out.  What was so good about that game anyway... best game I've seen.

Guest blackflag

The best game that I witnessed was Ozen @ Vidor but I don't remember the year. Both teams were undefeated in 19 - 4A coming into the game. The game went into triple OT  with Ozen winning  after Vidor failed on a 2 point conversion. Immediately after the final play players from both teams layed  into the endzone to catch a breather after a hard fought game.

I've got 3 WO-S games in this order.

2000- WO-S / Calallen  -- This was a rouser on a rug from play one.  I agree Calallen had maybe the best running game I've ever seen.

1987- WO-S / Kerrville Tivy  -- Score tied midway thru 3rd quarter 7-7, Tivy on WO-S 2 yard line 4th down and one, Q. Tezeno busts thru for 4 yard loss tackle.  WO-S takes over from there.

1987 - WO-S 3  Jasper 0.

2000- WO-S / Calallen   -- This was a rouser on a rug from play one.  I agree Calallen had maybe the best running game I've ever seen.

1987- WO-S / Kerrville Tivy  -- Score tied midway thru 3rd quarter 7-7, Tivy on WO-S 2 yard line 4th down and one, Q. Tezeno busts thru for 4 yard loss tackle.  WO-S takes over from there.

1987 - WO-S 3  Jasper 0.

Those were three good ones right there.....You have to admit...sometimes WOS just leaves us biting our nails and exhilirated at the win.

2000- WO-S / Calallen   -- This was a rouser on a rug from play one.  I agree Calallen had maybe the best running game I've ever seen.

1987 - WO-S 3  Jasper 0.

Those were three good ones right there.....You have to admit...sometimes WOS just leaves us biting our nails and exhilirated at the win.

And then there are games where WOS totally obliterates from the first play and leaves nothing for the crowd to even cheer about anymore...lol

Ned v. WOS - 1989, had the #1 team in the state down with 40 seconds left... only to have heart ripped out.  What was so good about that game anyway... best game I've seen.

The best game that I ever saw was the Vidor vs Nederland game in 2006, and this isn't to get the little argument started again, it's just the best game that I have ever witnessed in person...

Witnessed both, you know, the sun still came out the next day.

Silsbee vs. Marlin in the 1977 3A Quarterfinals.  Silsbee was down 14-0 at halftime, and came back to win 18-14.  Quarterback Jasper Lewis ran for a 49 yard TD with about 2 minutes left in the game.  I was a manager on that team.  The scene in the field house at halftime was intense. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder