Best Game Ever Witnessed

JMay

WOS vs. Kerville Tivy.....I don't remember the year, but it was the game when Kevin Smith leap over the offensive line of Tivy and sack the QB.  He timed it so perfect and everyone in the Dome went crazy.  The best part about it all was that Tivy was on the WOS 2 yard line.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOS vs. Kerville Tivy.....I don't remember the year, but it was the game when Kevin Smith leap over the offensive line of Tivy and sack the QB.  He timed it so perfect and everyone in the Dome went crazy.  The best part about it all was that Tivy was on the WOS 2 yard line.

Right game, wrong player...Quentin Tezeno, 1987.  28-21, I think....

Right game, wrong player...Quentin Tezeno, 1987.  28-21, I think....

People still talk about that hit even today.

PNG-Lincoln 1971 - 72 school year. Bergeron and Little Joe put on a show. (28 to 21 final score) cant remember who won (Sr moment)

PNG - Odessa 1975 state championship PNG won 21 to ??

1974-75 school year TJ - Lincoln 13 - 13 tie which led to PNG being the distict champs because TJ & Lincoln & PNG each had 1 loss. with very little time left Lincoln( I think) scored then missed the extra point.

PNG went on a run that year and lost to eventual state champion Brazoswood 14 - 7 in the dome in the state semifinal.

I agree with Purple 4 ever on the TJ - PNG game in 1980. Drug a friend of mine from Ohio to that one to show him how crazy people around here are about football. I told him there would be about 10,000 there and he said no way. turns out he was right there were about 14,000.

Also saw Highland Park and Plano in around 1978 at Texas stadium in a regional. Plano scored 28 points in the last 13 or so minutes of the game to come from behind to win which was almost a carbon copy of what had happened 3 years before when they met in the same regional with Highland Park winning. 

Uh oh thread says game, not games never mind.

After a history of 18 loses to the Jasper Bulldogs, In 2004 the Kirbyville Wildcats took a trip up Highway 96 North and onto the "Boneyard" and defeated the Bulldogs 42-20 on their homecoming ending that losing streak!!!! Quincy Cotton and Zach Howard (4.4 speed) like to ran to Super Walmart on these guys with all that speed!!!! ;D

Jasper vs Gilmer at SFA STADIUM. Blow out by Gilmer in first half but incredible comback by Bulldogs in second half. Dogs should have won. It was a awsome game. You could hear a pen drop on Gilmers side. Jasper should have went for the 2 points for the win :'(

I feel sorry for anyone who did not see Vince Young vs. Northshore 2002 playoffs.  Northshore was number 2 in the state and Vince could outscore anyone...  This game final score was 63 - 61 Madison.  This game had five 60+ yard runs...  NS had a sick tail back (too bad he could not stay in school).  Vince threw two 60+ yard TD's, got a pick while playing safety and folded(tackled) the qb on a sneak, and won the game on a 15 yd scramble...  Madison band played the entire second half.  The entire stadium was crimson(NS) and baby blue(Mad).  I mean the DOME was packed.  It would take alot to top this game.... The only negative was the Defense was missing the entire game!

I feel sorry for anyone who did not see Vince Young vs. Northshore 2002 playoffs.  Northshore was number 2 in the state and Vince could outscore anyone...  This game final score was 63 - 61 Madison.  This game had five 60+ yard runs...  NS had a sick tail back (too bad he could not stay in school).  Vince threw two 60+ yard TD's, got a pick while playing safety and folded(tackled) the qb on a sneak, and won the game on a 15 yd scramble...  Madison band played the entire second half.  The entire stadium was crimson(NS) and baby blue(Mad).  I mean the DOME was packed.  It would take alot to top this game.... The only negative was the Defense was missing the entire game!

Yea, and I was in  Fast Eddie's when the score was flashed on the screen. I was sick I missed that one. I got to see Vince's clinic on Hightower though.

• 11 months later...

PNG-Lincoln 1971 - 72 school year. Bergeron and Little Joe put on a show. (28 to 21 final score) cant remember who won (Sr moment)

PNG - Odessa 1975 state championship PNG won 21 to ??

1974-75 school year TJ - Lincoln 13 - 13 tie which led to PNG being the distict champs because TJ & Lincoln & PNG each had 1 loss. with very little time left Lincoln( I think) scored then missed the extra point.

PNG went on a run that year and lost to eventual state champion Brazoswood 14 - 7 in the dome in the state semifinal.

I agree with Purple 4 ever on the TJ - PNG game in 1980. Drug a friend of mine from Ohio to that one to show him how crazy people around here are about football. I told him there would be about 10,000 there and he said no way. turns out he was right there were about 14,000.

Also saw Highland Park and Plano in around 1978 at Texas stadium in a regional. Plano scored 28 points in the last 13 or so minutes of the game to come from behind to win which was almost a carbon copy of what had happened 3 years before when they met in the same regional with Highland Park winning. 

Uh oh thread says game, not games never mind.

Lincoln wins.

I was just a kid when this game took place and I have seen MANY MANY games since then, but this will always be a game I'll never forget.  Two of the greatest backs this area will ever see.  Little Joe Washington and Jeff "The Jet" Bergeron.  The was the first really "hyped" high school game I can remember.

PN-G games off the top of my head

1996 PN-G at Nederland, Indians win 17-14 it was pouring down and Mazzio's was fun after that one LOL

1999 PN-G wins state Semifinal 16-13 Dustin Long leading the way, I was standing directly across the endzone from Dustin when he leaned over the goal line.

2002 at WO-S 3 PN-G 0, great defensive battle. PN-G drove straight down the field first posession it was 4th and goal instead of kicking a FG Burnett went for the fake and the pass was incomplete for the rest of the game it was nothing but hard hits until the Stang kicker booted a long FG as time was running down.

I was thinking about this today. The best and most memorable high school games I can remember i got to see two years in a row. In my opinion, whether these two teams were leading their district or were cellar dwellers, this match up was game of the year even ahead of MCM.

The game.........i'll bet some of you remember, it had a ton of energy and even the half time show was a sight to see............here it comes...........THE ONE THE ONLY-------

[move]SOUL BOWL!!!![/move]

Now I know you older guys remember Charleton-Pollard and Hebert going at it. My dad refereed it a couple of years and I got to go. I remember there seemed to be as many people at those games as at any play-off.

Silsbee vs Nederland in 93 Playoff game Jay Mcguire ran wild on the Bulldogs

Actually, that wasn't a playoff game. It was a regular season game that Silsbee won 48-44. Jay McGuire rushed for 454 yards that night. He had a total all-purpose yardage of over 600 yards in that game with 6 td's.

Now Silsbee and Nederland did play each other again that year in the playoffs but McGuire did not play. He had broken his leg in the regular season finale against Jasper. You would think that Silsbee wouldn't of stood a chance against Nederland without Jay but they beat the Bulldogs 34-7 in that playoff game. Stanley Rhone, Silsbee's fullback moved to the tailback position in that game and rushed for 190 yards, 3 td's. Also, in the regular season game, Silsbee chose to play a zone and not blitz and the Nederland QB Hood, picked Silsbee's secondary apart. In the playoff game, Silsbee went man defense and blitzed pretty much all night. They sacked Hood 10 times in that game, with 2 int's. It was a great defensive game plan by the Tiger coaches.

I have both those games on tape, watch it every now and then.

Actually, that wasn't a playoff game. It was a regular season game that Silsbee won 48-44. Jay McGuire rushed for 454 yards that night. He had a total all-purpose yardage of over 600 yards in that game with 6 td's.

Now Silsbee and Nederland did play each other again that year in the playoffs but McGuire did not play. He had broken his leg in the regular season finale against Jasper. You would think that Silsbee wouldn't of stood a chance against Nederland without Jay but they beat the Bulldogs 34-7 in that playoff game. Stanley Rhone, Silsbee's fullback moved to the tailback position in that game and rushed for 190 yards, 3 td's. Also, in the regular season game, Silsbee chose to play a zone and not blitz and the Nederland QB Hood, picked Silsbee's secondary apart. In the playoff game, Silsbee went man defense and blitzed pretty much all night. They sacked Hood 10 times in that game, with 2 int's. It was a great defensive game plan by the Tiger coaches.

Was Nederland 3A at that time?

No, Silsbee was 4A. Silsbee has just been 3A for the last 5 years.

And Jasper was 4A as well?

And Jasper was 4A as well?

I believe Jasper dropped from 4a to 3a in the 2002 season...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder