Best Game Ever Witnessed

JMay

All the Rivalry got me wondering what the best game anyone actually saw ine person was.

I remember WB and DP in the playoffs a few years ago 49-44, last team with the ball one.

Also Memorials playoff loss to Houston Lamar 57-49 was classic. Charles had like 350 yards and was unstoppable.

But the one that really sticks out may not count to anyone else on here. I watched Madison beat North Shore 61-55 in the Dome a few years back, before Vince Young hit it big time.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cherokee Nation

WOS95

I think you are thinking of the PN-G/WO-S game of 89. It was a classic. Both teams were undefeated and it was the 10th game of the season. WO-S was ranked #1 and PN-G #7. PN-G scored late on a hideout play to take the lead and then WO-S threw that long pass to win it. I doubt it was Nederland because they were down that year.

Another great WO-S/PN-G game was in 98. WO-S took a 17-0 lead into the 4th quarter before Dustin Long mounted a furious comeback. He brought the Indians to within 17-12 and completed a pass, but the receiver was tackled on the 1 yard line as time expired.

Best Indian game I ever witnesse had to be the Schertz Clemens Semi-final game of '99. D. Long led the Indians 80 yards in the final two minutes to send us on the State Championship.

No, it was Nederland. Nederland was up by 6 with 40 seconds left and got beat on a 80 something yard touchdown pass. I was there, it was 89 and that was the year WOS was #1 and PNG was in the top 10, PNG had McGill.

Guest Cherokee Nation

Another great PN-G I witnessed was '96 against Bridge City. Bridge City had a good team that year. That was the year of the infamous two day game because of the weather with WO-S. Bridge City took a 12 point with 4 minutes to go and we came back to win it. We scored the winning TD with about 20 seconds to go on 4th down. Clinched us the outright district championship.

Another great PN-G I witnessed was '96 against Bridge City. Bridge City had a good team that year. That was the year of the infamous two day game because of the weather with WO-S. Bridge City took a 12 point with 4 minutes to go and we came back to win it. We scored the winning TD with about 20 seconds to go on 4th down. Clinched us the outright district championship.

we needed png to win to put us in the playoffs, had bc won, wos would have stayed home that year. so thanks png for winning that game :D

Two best games I can think of are the Jasper/Gilmer game..that was a workout just watching it.

The second was in the 1994 when Jasper finally beat WO-S in the playoffs. It was the one and only time we beat them in the playoffs with several attempts. Felt good. Wasn't that game at SFA also?

yea i was a senior that year at wos. we had josh tims who was our big play guy on defense and offense. jasper had terrence currington. i think he torched us that night. the only memory i have from that game is when jasper scored their last touchdown of the night to seal the victory, the dogs quarterback turned to our sideline and waved goodbye to us. :evil:

All the Rivalry got me wondering what the best game anyone actually saw ine person was.

I remember WB and DP in the playoffs a few years ago 49-44' date=' last team with the ball one.

Also Memorials playoff loss to Houston Lamar 57-49 was classic. Charles had like 350 yards and was unstoppable.

But the one that really sticks out may not count to anyone else on here. I watched Madison beat North Shore 61-55 in the Dome a few years back, before Vince Young hit it big time.[/quote']

I was at that Madison/North Shore game too. It was a track meet. Unreal game!!

In my mind, without a doubt, it was WO-S/Calallen in 2000. We won it on a big play by Jermaine Hope with a minute to play. The winner - WO-S - went on to the state championship. That was the greatest game I ever remember seeing - including any of the four state title games. I have never seen so much raw emotion on and off the field. We were a pile of adrenaline-filled meat in the Astrodome seats when the refs signalled TD. Calallen had no passing game, but bar-none the best running attack I have ever seen.

Guest Kelly Football

I went ot that game as well that year. Your right Calallen had one of the best running games i've ever seen. They didn't pass but a few times the whole season that year.

In my mind' date=' without a doubt, it was WO-S/Calallen in 2000. We won it on a big play by Jermaine Hope with a minute to play. The winner - WO-S - went on to the state championship. That was the greatest game I ever remember seeing - including any of the four state title games. I have never seen so much raw emotion on and off the field. We were a pile of adrenaline-filled meat in the Astrodome seats when the refs signalled TD. Calallen had no passing game, but bar-none the best running attack I have ever seen.[/quote']

that game was incredible 8)

I was at that WOS/Calallen game. It was a great one.

Some other great games were

Bay City and Ned in 2000?. BC wins 7-0 with a major goal line stand at the end of the game by BC. It was a major defensive battle.

Katy vs. Houston Madison 2000, Vince Young was QB for HM and it was a shootout between two really great teams but Katy ended up blowing it out.

1999 Katy vs. Garland State Championship game was really memorable.

WOS and Nederland in 2000 I think. It was at WOS and I remember Paul Thomas was a senior. That was the game of the infamous "lateral".

PNG vs. Schertz Clemens. I so enjoyed watching the PNG defense stifle that cocky little white boy from Schertz. That was a sweet game at Kyle Field and I will never forget Dustin Long on the QB sneak to put it away.

13-7 PNG vs Nederland game in 1984. I was a senior and I will never forget breaking the losing streak.

Lufkin vs Trinity in Tyler--2001----in the pouring rain storm Reggie and his bum ankle led the PACK back...threw a TD pass with :20 remaining after being down 20 points, twice!

TJ vs Lincoln in 1993---35-34 Hayes catches a 2 point conversion pass from Damon West after a classic fake by DeJuan Dourisseau.

Guest Cherokee Nation

It seems like I only remember the PN-G/WO-S classics, but here is another one.

1992 10th game of the season at the Reservation PN-G took a 14-0 1st quarter lead. WO-S came back and scored with about 30 seconds to go in the 4th to make 14-13. These were the days before OT and WO-S went for 2 and the win. PN-G defenders met the Mustang RB at the goalline and caused a fumble resulting in the Indians holding on for the win and the district championship. I believe Kendall Cleveland was the running back for WO-S on that team and they had a freshman QB.

It seems like I only remember the PN-G/WO-S classics' date=' but here is another one.

1992 10th game of the season at the Reservation PN-G took a 14-0 1st quarter lead. WO-S came back and scored with about 30 seconds to go in the 4th to make 14-13. These were the days before OT and WO-S went for 2 and the win. PN-G defenders met the Mustang RB at the goalline and caused a fumble resulting in the Indians holding on for the win and the district championship. I believe Kendall Cleveland was the running back for WO-S on that team and they had a freshman QB.[/quote']

that freshman quarterback was eric anderson.

• 3 months later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder