Beaumont Enterprise Top 5

RANKINGS: Top 5 in Southeast Texas

By RYAN S. CLARK

August 22, 2009

Posted: August 22, 2009, 9:20 PM CDT 

How The Beaumont Enterprise ranks the top five high school football teams in Southeast Texas (with 2008 records):

1. West Orange-Stark (12-1)

The District 21-3A school has two Oklahoma-bound players in Trey Franks and James Haynes. Both play wide receiver and defensive back.

2. Vidor (5-4)

Vidor returns 18 starters and has an offensive line that averages 280 pounds. The big boys up front should allow the running game to be successful.

3. West Brook (7-2)

The junior-heavy Bruins return 22 lettermen. Coach Craig Stump calls this season's team the most athletic he's had in five years at the school.

4. Lumberton (8-2)

The two-time defending District 20-4A champs will look for three this year as it returns 11 starters, including standout linebacker Anthony Beard

5. Silsbee (6-5)

A play away from beating WO-S last season, Silsbee returns West Virginia University-bound quarterback Jeremy Johnson.

How The Beaumont Enterprise ranks the top five high school football teams in Southeast Texas (with 2008 records):

The District 21-3A school has two Oklahoma-bound players in Trey Franks and James Haynes. Both play wide receiver and defensive back.

2. Vidor (5-4)

Vidor returns 18 starters and has an offensive line that averages 280 pounds. The big boys up front should allow the running game to be successful.

3. West Brook (7-2)

The junior-heavy Bruins return 22 lettermen. Coach Craig Stump calls this season's team the most athletic he's had in five years at the school.

4. Lumberton (8-2)

The two-time defending District 20-4A champs will look for three this year as it returns 11 starters, including standout linebacker Anthony Beard

5. Silsbee (6-5)

A play away from beating WO-S last season, Silsbee returns West Virginia University-bound quarterback Jeremy Johnson.

2. Vidor (5-4)

3. West Brook (7-2)

4. Lumberton (8-2)

5. Silsbee (6-5)

2. Vidor (5-4)

3. West Brook (7-2)

4. Lumberton (8-2)

5. Silsbee (6-5)

That's the same ole paper,that sells for the obituary section when the voters of this SETX have Dayton #2.Heck blowing out teams in 06-07 and going to state in 08,picked like WOS to be in the hunt in the last week or so by DCTF and still SNUBBED by the prize-same ole crap differant day.

Silsbee???????????

Over Central, Nederland, and Livingston?????  (not to mention Dayton and their state run in 2008)

I'm from PN-G and I specifically don't argue their merit into the top 5 because of last year's performance, but 3 teams from 20-4A that made it to the playoffs with Central going 4-deep?  Where is the logic?

Silsbee???????????

Over Central, Nederland, and Livingston?????  (not to mention Dayton and their state run in 2008)

I'm from PN-G and I specifically don't argue their merit into the top 5 because of last year's performance, but 3 teams from 20-4A that made it to the playoffs with Central going 4-deep?  Where is the logic?

Not that im saying silsbee should be 5th but Livingston isn't part of this area. Central lost a lot of returners I think even though i'm sure they will be fine. Dayton lost a whole lot I think but i'm sure they will be ok too. Guys, these are rankings. There just something to look at before the season. If you want to do your own, go for it instead of bashing other peoples.

Silsbee???????????

Not that im saying silsbee should be 5th but Livingston isn't part of this area. Central lost a lot of returners I think even though i'm sure they will be fine. Dayton lost a whole lot I think but i'm sure they will be ok too. Guys, these are rankings. There just something to look at before the season. If you want to do your own, go for it instead of bashing other peoples.

Dayton being out of the readership area is what kept them out.

Silsbee???????????

Dayton being out of the readership area is what kept them out.

yea i figured they weren't counted in it

Guest rykerx144

Silsbee???????????

What about Kirbyville, who went all the way to state last year, and seems to have a program coming back that should also do very well into the playoffs, (which by the way did "practice" against silsbee and came out very well).

There are several teams from the area that you could make an agruement against Silsbee!  Now, Im not in any way putting down Silsbee or its program.  They have a very exciting quarterback thats awesome to watch play but, Im just thinking if they was wanting just to throw someone in there at five they could have covered one the local schools that by either a new coach or new attitude has stepped it up and would make for something worth reading!  I'm just not sure they are intrested in making things more intresting!!  Just covering the basics keeping people happy!!  Yes you are right its just something to read before the season, That paper is allowed to give its opinion about who it thinks is the top five by comparing them to other schools in the area, by the same rights, I have the right to give my opinion about the newspaper comparing it to other media in the area! 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    monebi
    Newest Member
    monebi