WO-S 13 Dayton 7 Final/ POST COMMENTS HERE!!!

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was impressed with Garrett. He put the ball on the money several times with people all over him. Great composure. The O-line will have to improve. Not much blocking, but that defensive front for Dayton may be the biggest and the best they will see this year. Recievers have to catch the ball, but you expect that in the first scrimmage. Defensively, we did not look good in the first quarter, but got better every series which is a very good thing. The second half, they did not give up much at all.

I think Daytons QB will be a good one, but he needs to work on his down field accuracy. The few times they did throw downfield, he was off, which is to be expected. Very good runner. WR #7 is a stud and the O-line for Dayton is huge! They were pretty tough defensively and I do believe that will be the strength of their team this year. #45 is a beast! He was a man amongst boys.

I think this was a great test for both teams and each will benefit greatly.

Purple 4 Ever-Delasbour the soph.hurt us on some sustained drives where the Broncos were getting 6-9 yds.per play.Pretty sure he fumbled 3 times -Looked like he was changing hands and the ball pops out.Ploch had a good first half running-Secondary needs some fine tuning -2 long passes set up both WOS scores-Don't know why backup QB Evan Brown did not suit up.

like i said way back on one of my post,west orange stark  better work on there secondary.its been a long long time since the mustangs have had a good secondary ,go back to the kiven smith day now that what the stings need back very bad. just look back at the gilmer game 300 plus yards in the air and made it look easy at that. someone  BETTER step up and be the leader are we will be in trouble  (AGAN)

Best part of the scrimmage may be the fact that it sounds like no one was seriously hurt.

How did Jakari Delasbour do?

I thought Jakari (#22) looked pretty good. He had some nice runs in the first quarter. He broke some tackles, and doesn't go down easy. He definitely needs to work on holding on to the pigskin. I know he had at least two fumbles. All and all, for a sophmore he looked dang good.

I hope they find a way to utilize that offensive line. That has to be one of the biggest and best O lines Dayton has had in many years. What a group of hosses! They look like they could start for a lot of colleges.

Seems like the quick out flat passes didn't work to well. Looks like the exact same offense with different personnell.

Defensive front is strong. Hill, Jenkins, and big # 64 (not sure of his name) were all beasts. As with the last two years, this defense will be very strong against the run. Looked to me like pass coverage will need some work. Especially with the linebackers falling back. WOS had several passes with wide open receivers 10 - 15 yds. down field. Fortunately, most were dropped.

like i said way back on one of my post,west orange stark  better work on there secondary.its been a long long time since the mustangs have had a good secondary ,go back to the kiven smith day now that what the stings need back very bad. just look back at the gilmer game 300 plus yards in the air and made it look easy at that. someone  BETTER step up and be the leader are we will be in trouble  (AGAN)

Actually Skipper, I was pretty impressed with our coverage. They didn't have open recievers. Pretty much all of their passing yards were short passes with yards after the catch. Don't think they completed any passes past 5 yards from LOS.

Both teams I seen last night know they are good.

Dayton faced the NO 1 team in the state, WOS faced a state finalist in 4A.

WOS defense stifled Dayton except the 1st drive which it was only JV players on the line and Broncs scored.

WOS is a big play team. They will not grind it out, their strengths dictate that action.

I don't know the Broncs schedule but WOS had yardstick last night, it won't be tested again till much later in season.

Both teams I seen last night know they are good.

Dayton faced the NO 1 team in the state, WOS faced a state finalist in 4A.

WOS defense stifled Dayton except the 1st drive which it was only JV players on the line and Broncs scored.

WOS is a big play team. They will not grind it out, their strengths dictate that action.

I don't know the Broncs schedule but WOS had yardstick last night, it won't be tested again till much later in season.

I agree wtih that for the most part, but I do think vidor will be a good test as well. A completely different look than what we got from Dayton.

Great effort from both teams! They should be a force to deal with in their respective districts. Broncos will need to work on pass coverage, holding on to the ball, and pulling the trigger on the downfield passing game. Remember, this is just the first scrimmage of the season and both teams performed very well considering.

Great effort from both teams! They should be a force to deal with in their respective districts. Broncos will need to work on pass coverage, holding on to the ball, and pulling the trigger on the downfield passing game. Remember, this is just the first scrimmage of the season and both teams performed very well considering.

Couldn't agree with you more on everything you said.

like i said way back on one of my post,west orange stark  better work on there secondary.its been a long long time since the mustangs have had a good secondary ,go back to the kiven smith day now that what the stings need back very bad. just look back at the gilmer game 300 plus yards in the air and made it look easy at that. someone  BETTER step up and be the leader are we will be in trouble  (AGAN)

Actually Skipper, I was pretty impressed with our coverage. They didn't have open recievers. Pretty much all of their passing yards were short passes with yards after the catch. Don't think they completed any passes past 5 yards from LOS.

WOS has a pretty good squad this year just like us they have ALOT to work on. Our biggest problem isnt the offense isnt the defense or specialties... its our selfishness. we got way to busy trying to play against the officials instead of WOS. i have to admit i was one of those selfish people but yes congrats WOS best of luck this year.

WOS has a pretty good squad this year just like us they have ALOT to work on. Our biggest problem isnt the offense isnt the defense or specialties... its our selfishness. we got way to busy trying to play against the officials instead of WOS. i have to admit i was one of those selfish people but yes congrats WOS best of luck this year.

You blame the loss of the scrimmage last night on the officials?  LOL...

You blame the loss of the scrimmage last night on the officials?  LOL...

no chief why dont u learn to read? ;) i said my team was too busy trying to blame the refs instead of playing the game how it should be played.

heres an idea instead of making excuses recognize what needs work and get busy!!!!

I think he did that.  I think he said job #1 is focusing on the play and not what the officials are doing.  I didn't take his post as a complaint about officials but that some of his teammates were doing too much crying about them instead of getting after it on the field.  I think he confirmed that a little later.

heres an idea instead of making excuses recognize what needs work and get busy!!!!

I think he did that.  I think he said job #1 is focusing on the play and not what the officials are doing.  I didn't take his post as a complaint about officials but that some of his teammates were doing too much crying about them instead of getting after it on the field.  I think he confirmed that a little later.

I agree with you Grad. Buckin was not making excuses. He was stating that he thought his teams attitudes needed adjusting. Instead of complaining about the refs, they should have been focusing on playing better and doing their job. I stood on the sidelines last night and got an up close view of the Dayton team losing their cool at the end when things got tight. It definetly affected how they played there late in the game.

I also witnessed Buckin chew his team out a time or two trying to get them back focused on playing the game instead of complaining. You can tell that Buckin (#45) is a leader on that team because they settled down after he voiced his concern.

Buckin, you are a great player and it showed last night. I saw several of the WOS coaches congratulate you last night. Even heard Toby tell you they just couldn't block you at all last night. You played a very good game. It was good meeting you last night. Good luck the rest of the season.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder