WO-S 13 Dayton 7 Final/ POST COMMENTS HERE!!!

heres an idea instead of making excuses recognize what needs work and get busy!!!!

I think he did that.  I think he said job #1 is focusing on the play and not what the officials are doing.  I didn't take his post as a complaint about officials but that some of his teammates were doing too much crying about them instead of getting after it on the field.  I think he confirmed that a little later.

I agree with you Grad. Buckin was not making excuses. He was stating that he thought his teams attitudes needed adjusting. Instead of complaining about the refs, they should have been focusing on playing better and doing their job. I stood on the sidelines last night and got an up close view of the Dayton team losing their cool at the end when things got tight. It definetly affected how they played there late in the game.

I also witnessed Buckin chew his team out a time or two trying to get them back focused on playing the game instead of complaining. You can tell that Buckin (#45) is a leader on that team because they settled down after he voiced his concern.

Buckin, you are a great player and it showed last night. I saw several of the WOS coaches congratulate you last night. Even heard Toby tell you they just couldn't block you at all last night. You played a very good game. It was good meeting you last night. Good luck the rest of the season.

I think Mr. Hill will be on our post season team.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heres an idea instead of making excuses recognize what needs work and get busy!!!!

I think he did that.  I think he said job #1 is focusing on the play and not what the officials are doing.  I didn't take his post as a complaint about officials but that some of his teammates were doing too much crying about them instead of getting after it on the field.  I think he confirmed that a little later.

I agree with you Grad. Buckin was not making excuses. He was stating that he thought his teams attitudes needed adjusting. Instead of complaining about the refs, they should have been focusing on playing better and doing their job. I stood on the sidelines last night and got an up close view of the Dayton team losing their cool at the end when things got tight. It definetly affected how they played there late in the game.

I also witnessed Buckin chew his team out a time or two trying to get them back focused on playing the game instead of complaining. You can tell that Buckin (#45) is a leader on that team because they settled down after he voiced his concern.

Buckin, you are a great player and it showed last night. I saw several of the WOS coaches congratulate you last night. Even heard Toby tell you they just couldn't block you at all last night. You played a very good game. It was good meeting you last night. Good luck the rest of the season.

I think Mr. Hill will be on our post season team.

no insult intended on my end just an observation.... i agree, #45 was a beast!

You should. They'll play a 4 Quarter Scrimmage type game.

No. They will play it just like it was a game. Dayton will come at this just likllye it was the state championship game. Thats why they win, KEYWORD : RUTHLESS

[/quote Actually the key word is SCRIMMAGE  this is just a tune up game with a friendly adversary to tweak a teams strength's and weak points.  Sure it would be fun to win,but you can bet the coaching staff wont be leading with their ego's their aim is further down the road for a return date at the big dance.

Jay Hawk the keyword here is actually DAYTON. we come at everything as if it were the TITLE. We take nothing lightly. i know this because i play for Dayton. We take no prisoners, EVERYTHING is about winning. No matter the game WE WILL WIN. End of story.

YOU LOST. END OF STORY!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Thank you i enjoyed meeting you last night as well. I was just playing my part as a team leader and lead by example. As do the rest of the teams we have some fine tuning to do but i am pretty sure we will come together as we always do.

like i said way back on one of my post,west orange stark  better work on there secondary.its been a long long time since the mustangs have had a good secondary ,go back to the kiven smith day now that what the stings need back very bad. just look back at the gilmer game 300 plus yards in the air and made it look easy at that. someone  BETTER step up and be the leader are we will be in trouble  (AGAN)

Actually Skipper, I was pretty impressed with our coverage. They didn't have open recievers. Pretty much all of their passing yards were short passes with yards after the catch. Don't think they completed any passes past 5 yards from LOS.

WOS has a pretty good squad this year just like us they have ALOT to work on. Our biggest problem isnt the offense isnt the defense or specialties... its our selfishness. we got way to busy trying to play against the officials instead of WOS. i have to admit i was one of those selfish people but yes congrats WOS best of luck this year.

Now that's more like it buckin bronco- spoken like the young gentlemen I know make up the Dayton varsity football team!

like i said way back on one of my post,west orange stark  better work on there secondary.its been a long long time since the mustangs have had a good secondary ,go back to the kiven smith day now that what the stings need back very bad. just look back at the gilmer game 300 plus yards in the air and made it look easy at that. someone  BETTER step up and be the leader are we will be in trouble  (AGAN)

Actually Skipper, I was pretty impressed with our coverage. They didn't have open recievers. Pretty much all of their passing yards were short passes with yards after the catch. Don't think they completed any passes past 5 yards from LOS.

WOS has a pretty good squad this year just like us they have ALOT to work on. Our biggest problem isnt the offense isnt the defense or specialties... its our selfishness. we got way to busy trying to play against the officials instead of WOS. i have to admit i was one of those selfish people but yes congrats WOS best of luck this year.

Now that's more like it buckin bronco- spoken like the young gentlemen I know make up the Dayton varsity football team!

who is this?

who is this?

Oh, just another faithful bronco fan!  ;)

who is this?

Oh, just another faithful bronco fan!  ;)

well thank u for ur support and my deepest apologys for dissapointing all the dayton fans with my innapropriate language and actions. im very sorry

"w"  couldnt you come up with a better name.  just kidding.  i was there and i agree with you 100% welcome to the mad house. 

LOL...actually, it was supposed to be wazzup....I guess when I typed in the name, only the w came up and I didn't look at it very good before I saved it and well....it came out w....LOL...noone was more surprised than I was when I saw it the first time!  LOL

Only concern at this point is the dropped passes.Flashes of last year.This is going to be a big part of our offense and they have to work on this hard.

I agree Gun. The Mustang recievers has to improve on their ball catching skills. QB Garrett is getting it to them, but he can't catch it for them.

Speed is great, but it does you no good if you cannot catch the ball.

(i am a WOS DIE-HARD)  the way i saw it,  was the Dayton  DB`S  were fantastic.  they had our receivers covered like a blanket all night.  our QB put the ball on the money but DAYTON had 3 guys all over our receiver  every time.  i give the credit to Dayton.  Dayton has a great team.

The way I saw it from a Dayton fans view....

Defense is everything I thought it would be plus some. The only weaknesses were a couple of errors in the secondary allowing the big play and could have been a couple more but the ball was dropped. That and a couple of first down penalties....these can and will be corrected.

The offense concerns me as Dayton was not able to move the ball---maybe a really good WOS defense should be given the credit but we will have to wait and see.

Dayton's first string QB going out late in the game did not help---hope it is not serious.

(i am a WOS DIE-HARD)  the way i saw it,  was the Dayton  DB`S  were fantastic.  they had our receivers covered like a blanket all night.  our QB put the ball on the money but DAYTON had 3 guys all over our receiver  every time.  i give the credit to Dayton.  Dayton has a great team.

I didn't see that, there were a few where the Dayton DB's weren't even close. We just straight up dropped the ball. I didn't think the Dayton pass coverage was all that good... no offense... I thought the Dayton front was awesome.

I didn't see that, there were a few where the Dayton DB's weren't even close. We just straight up dropped the ball. I didn't think the Dayton pass coverage was all that good... no offense... I thought the Dayton front was awesome.

You hit it on the head, Gas. Dayton's front 4 were really good but the secondary wasn't all that good. WOS dropped several wide open passes.

(i am a WOS DIE-HARD)  the way i saw it,  was the Dayton  DB`S  were fantastic.  they had our receivers covered like a blanket all night.  our QB put the ball on the money but DAYTON had 3 guys all over our receiver every time.  i give the credit to Dayton.  Dayton has a great team.

You hit it on the head, Gas. Dayton's front 4 were really good but the secondary wasn't all that good. WOS dropped several wide open passes.

I'd give our secondary a little more credit than that ! Granted your receivers drooped balls ,but some of them were because they heard fast approaching Bronco footsteps --- you know the time when your receivers were going EAST or was it WEST young man--

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder