Nederland vs. WOS Week 0 Prediction?

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a Nederland fan and I can't see how predicting a 21 pt. WOS win is a sign of disrespect towards Nederland.  WOS won by 20 pts. last year.  I personally think this years game will be closer with Ned possibly winning, but would not be totally shocked if WOS won by the same margin as last year.

not making any excuses for the way we played last year the running back had a field day!! how ever we didnt have our would be starting running back our starting reciever and a couple of defensive players this years game should be a closer one lets just hope its a game thats injury free and good luck to both teams!!hope dionte can recover grom his injury get well soon bud!!  defense again is gonna be the key to bulldogs success offense will be there!!

If i'm not mistaken Nederland has won 4 out of the last 6 meetings between the two. Three of the 4 wins came at WOS. (Trying to find the dates on that).  I do remember the clock management seems inconsistent when playing there.

You actually are mistaken 19bulldog99.  WOS has won the last three in a row after Ned won three in a row from the stangs.  So that means it has been since 2003 since the dogs have beaten the stangs!  I personally think it will be a closer score this year, however the last two games have been double digit win in favor of the stangs and they were both in Nederland.

If i'm not mistaken Nederland has won 4 out of the last 6 meetings between the two. Three of the 4 wins came at WOS. (Trying to find the dates on that).  I do remember the clock management seems inconsistent when playing there.

No sir, you ARE mistaken. Nederland won the first three of the last 6 and WOS has won the last 3. One of those came at WOS. Two of them were in Nederland. Now, WOS HAS one the last 2 of their 3 in Nederland. Nederland won in 01 and 02 at Nederland.

Uh oh, here comes the record book geniuses and state title comparisons.

Stop showing the need for a history lesson and you will stop getting them. ;)

Man i am already getting pumped up for this season as it should be another good one. Not to disrespect Nederland but i believe WOS should win by 21 points this year as i believe the speed factor will make it tough to stop WOS. There are only a couple of unproven factors in WOS offense and that will be the running backs and the quarterback. However the quarterback does have some field time from last year and is considered by some as having very good potential. I do believe both front lines will be improved and will give WOS more success in the run game this year. As far as how many points Nederland will get will be determined by how many mistakes WOS makes. But as everyone knows "IT'S ANY GIVEN FRIDAY". Good luck to both teams and have an injury free game. Go Mustangs!

I see the respect in a 21 point prediction. All of your points will be from total domination, but any of our lowly scores will be from your mistakes. I guess you take this all from last year's game. Thanks for the respect dude.

How much respect do you want, i shaved off half of the points wos usually averages because its nederland.  ;)

:D

If i'm not mistaken Nederland has won 4 out of the last 6 meetings between the two. Three of the 4 wins came at WOS. (Trying to find the dates on that).  I do remember the clock management seems inconsistent when playing there.

No sir, you ARE mistaken. Nederland won the first three of the last 6 and WOS has won the last 3. One of those came at WOS. Two of them were in Nederland. Now, WOS HAS one the last 2 of their 3 in Nederland. Nederland won in 01 and 02 at Nederland.

Uh oh, here comes the record book geniuses and state title comparisons.

Stop showing the need for a history lesson and you will stop getting them. ;)

I don't need a history lesson. God knows I've seen your records enough. You people carry your record books in your hip pocket.  ;D

Every year is a different season. I guess after we whipped you 35-10 (excuse me if that's wrong. I'm sure you have it handy), I'm supposed to predict a 25 point win the following year? Not hardly, I'm not that pompous, but it was three in a row, should have been four!  Still no respect!

You people carry your record books in your hip pocket. ;D

Every year is a different season. I guess after we whipped you 35-10 (excuse me if that's wrong. I'm sure you have it handy), I'm supposed to predict a 25 point win the following year? Not hardly, I'm not that pompous, but it was three in a row, should have been four!  

You're dang right we do!! ;D

We had a winning streak of our own from 1980-1995 (16 consecutive on-the-field wins) and since then have won 6 to your 5.

WO-S 23 wins, Nederland 7 wins (1 by forfeit)

Average Score: WO-S 25.8, Nederland 16.1

Nederland has only beaten WO-S once when WO-S was ranked in the AP (2002)

WO-S has NEVER had an enrollment larger than Nederland in the 32 year history of the school

2008 #8-WO-S 33 @Nederland 13

2005 #3-WO-S 20 @Nederland 10

2004 @#2-WO-S 32 Nederland 30

2003 Nederland 18 WO-S 14

2002 Nederland 42  #7-WO-S 21

2001 Nederland 35 WO-S 0

2000 #7-WO-S 21 #5-Nederland 10

1999 #9-Nederland 35 WO-S 7

1998 #2-WO-S 36 Nederland 9

1997 #6-WO-S 20 Nederland 17

1996 Nederland 34 WO-S 12

1995 #10-WO-S 41 Nederland 14

1994 WO-S 32 Nederland 22

1993 WO-S 33 @Nederland 28

1992 @#8-WO-S 34 Nederland 7 (forfeit)

1991 WO-S 41 @Nederland 7

1990 @#3-WO-S 55 Nederland 0

1989 #1-WO-S 42 @Nederland 36

1988 @#6-WO-S 41 Nederland 20

1987 #1-WO-S 35 @Nederland 7

1986 @#4-WO-S 28 Nederland 10

1985 @#5-WO-S 35 Nederland 13

1984 WO-S 23 Nederland 0

1983 WO-S 20 Nederland 13

1982 WO-S 7 Nederland 3

1981 WO-S 7 Nederland 0

1980 WO-S 40 Nederland 8

1979 Nederland 13 WO-S 3

1978 WO-S 21 Nederland 14

1977 WO-S 19 Nederland 15

You're right... every year is a new season.  Again Good Luck!

Thanks for proving my point. And should Nederland win this year, we will be graced with this same list...plus one.  ;D

Hey, I was wrong. It was a shutout in 2001.   ;)

Good luck to you too!!

I do see a definite trend though...  Not to be pompous  ;D

2001 WO-S lost by 35

2002 WO-S lost by 21

2003 WO-S lost by 4

2004 WO-S won by 2

2005 WO-S won by 10

2008 WO-S won by 20

Baddog, I believe barring injury WOS will win state. And when the playoffs start they will want the whole area to come help back the Stangs. Then when next season starts they will get on here and and talk about every team in the area and throw records in everyones' faces as a way of saying thank you to everyone who went and helped back the Stangs. ;) Just kidding of course. ;D

Baddog, I believe barring injury WOS will win state. And when the playoffs start they will want the whole area to come help back the Stangs. Then when next season starts they will get on here and and talk about every team in the area and throw records in everyones' faces as a way of saying thank you to everyone who went and helped back the Stangs. ;) Just kidding of course. ;D

MMSLB, I'm just giving the WOS crowd a hard time. Somebody has to do it.  ;D

So what if we lose a freakin football game. It's not the end of the world. I'll still be proud of my Bulldogs.

Shovelhead, I'm going to sell all these Wiis on ebay at Christmas time for $500.00 more than they are worth.  :D

Hey!  I was there when French won state in 1984 (kinda... they were co-champs), I was there when PN-G played Stephenville in 1999 in the 4A State Finals, I was there when Nederland made it to the Semis in 2001.

I totally support any team from SE Texas in the Playoffs.  

If you're questioning my use of statistics in backing up my point I invite you to do the same for whichever team you follow.  No one is stopping you...  If people are tired about WO-S fans using stats to backup their arguments then either you are too lazy to research your own team's stats OR you're too embarrassed to post the stats that you have!!  

I didn't even read your post!! By the way my name is Larry Brister, nice to meet you, I would hate for you to be insulting a total stranger. There is nothing about a bunch of kids playing high school football that can embarass me, I've been a player and coach, I don't live through a bunch of 17 year olds. To be honest I respect the WOS players and coaches, but what I said is accurate. ;)

I didn't even read your post!! By the way my name is Larry Brister, nice to meet you, I would hate for you to be insulting a total stranger. There is nothing about a bunch of kids playing high school football that can embarass me, I've been a player and coach, I don't live through a bunch of 17 year olds. To be honest I respect the WOS players and coaches, but what I said is accurate. ;)

How was I insulting you? 

If anything you were insulting West Orange-Stark players and fans, implying we disrespect other Southeast Texas teams.  EVERY local team has fans that put out smack talk against local competitors during the regular season but from my 20+ years of experience the communities tend to always come together when the postseason arrives.  I have no ill-will towards neither any individual nor any team, but just like you, I hope for my team to win.

Two great programs-talent and coaching.I'll make my prediction after the Mustang/Bronco scrimmage that has always been a pretty good indicator for future playoff runs.Pretty sure Dayton can beat Nederland but just do not know if they could beat WOS in reg.game or they have not that I can remember.The scrimmages in the past have helped Dayton later.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder