Nederland vs. WOS Week 0 Prediction?

I certainly wouldn't bet against WOS but Nederland will be ready to play, Nederland will have to find a way to deal with WOS's speed. I'd sure like to see WOS keep the series going with Ned the next few years and add PNG back to the schedule, there's no reason these two shouldn't be playing.

Hopefully we will get back on their schedule. Even though we always struggled with that one(just like a lot of folks), there was some good games.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This rhetoric sounds alot like when we played WOS in 2002 when good ole Kerry Franks was doing all the heavy lifting. People said NED didn't have a chance there either, but as I remember the PANews read, "Hurricane Nederland strikes, 42-21."

HAHAHA... your puppies are 6-23 against WOS!!! I couldnt imagine why were so confident!

you guys were pretty sure of yourselves against gilmer last year too... howd that end up? I've said it a million times on this site, PRIDE PRECEDES A FALL.  Yall are good but really cmon... yall can't get past the third round of the playoffs... I know yall have a rich history but in the recent history yall are like a big firecracker that ends up a HUGE DUD!!!!!

you guys were pretty sure of yourselves against gilmer last year too... howd that end up? I've said it a million times on this site, PRIDE PRECEDES A FALL.  Yall are good but really cmon... yall can't get past the third round of the playoffs... I know yall have a rich history but in the recent history yall are like a big firecracker that ends up a HUGE DUD!!!!!

The Stangs stomped a mudhole(literally) in the Dawgs last year, why can't they be over confident?

WOS will win, but I think it will be a closer game.

just having fun stirring the pot :) its been a long time since last football season.  I would say WOS has a 70-80% chance of victory but like Lloyd said in Dumb and Dumber:

Lloyd: The least you could do is level with me. What are my chances?

Mary: Not good.

Lloyd: You mean like one out of a hundred?

Mary: More like one out of a million.

Lloyd: So you're tellin' me there's a chance. ;D

Guest Brubaker

Nederland will have just as good a running game, a better passing game, and their defense will be much improved... but it may not be enough against what will be one of the best 3A teams in the state.

Exactly . there's a chance. I think it will be closer than some people think.

We shall see...  

WO-S is 25-0 against Golden Triangle teams (meaning Orange and Jefferson County teams) since 2003.  Nederland is not a team to be written off by any means as they did beat us 3 consecutive years from 2001-2003 and we had a couple of very close wins in '04 and '05 so I'm sure the team and coaching staff will definitely take the Bulldogs seriously.  

I'm hoping it won't be any more exciting than last years game but you never know.    ;)  

Good luck!

Well you would think it would be close. Heck Nederland is a 4A school.

We're 12-2 against 4A teams (including 4 consecutive wins over the local 4A district champ - Nederland in '04, Central in '05 and Dayton in both '06 and '07) since dropping to 3A so that means nothing.

Youre very quick to point out certain things about WOS, what has your team done the past few seasons? Playoff run?  If your team happens to be Big Ned, we may not have beaten Gilmer, but we sure in the heck spanked yall!!!

WOS will be favored by at least 21 points till the 3rd round of the playoffs in every game on the schedule till maybe the third round of the playoffs. Heck in district , besides Silsbee, it could be 40.

So I all the talk from now on is poppy cock.

What's the last sentence mean?

WOS will be favored by at least 21 points till the 3rd round of the playoffs in every game on the schedule till maybe the third round of the playoffs. Heck in district , besides Silsbee, it could be 40.

I really don't know, heard Maggie Thatcher say it once.

Is it something like bolder dash?  ;D

I really don't know, heard Maggie Thatcher say it once.

This rhetoric sounds alot like when we played WOS in 2002 when good ole Kerry Franks was doing all the heavy lifting. People said NED didn't have a chance there either, but as I remember the PANews read, "Hurricane Nederland strikes, 42-21."

HAHAHA... your puppies are 6-23 against WOS!!! I couldnt imagine why were so confident!

If my memory and history are correct we had a 3 year winning streak (2001-2003). That was enough time for Hooks to go bald scratching his head and wondering what the heck went wrong. I always enjoyed playing WOS. Great discipline and definately the D is what kept that team together throught the years. I remember the game in WOS when we came from behind to win was exhausting. That was a great "never-say-die" effort by both teams. NED just had the upperhand. But yes, overall, WOS has the better record. That doesn't always equal a better team and a "W."

If my memory and history are correct we had a 3 year winning streak (2001-2003). That was enough time for Hooks to go bald scratching his head and wondering what the heck went wrong. I always enjoyed playing WOS. Great discipline and definately the D is what kept that team together throught the years. I remember the game in WOS when we came from behind to win was exhausting. That was a great "never-say-die" effort by both teams. NED just had the upperhand. But yes, overall, WOS has the better record. That doesn't always equal a better team and a "W."

Whatever makes you sleep better at night.. ;)  I guess a little ol 3a team handing you your butt at your stadium is hard to swallow.  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline