Nederland vs. WOS Week 0 Prediction?

Guest Penny

Here's my thoughts on the matchup.  1. Neumann has got to be in a stupor.  Our bond got shot down, so now everything is old in Nederland, from the stadium, to the uniforms, to the coach, to the three year quarterback... we ain't got crap that's new like our friends across the tracks.  2. WO-S has legit weapons, speed like Nederland probably won't see in district, maybe the rest of the season, that's scary.  3. He lost his tackle/guard/bulldozer rb/throw me it wr... these made the offense go and made you sleep easy at night... they're not there this year.  4. Well I can't think of 4, but I know he can, that's what he does, pick through the details of what he hasn't covered, what is being missed.

At the end of the day though, here's what I hang my hat on.  Nederland historically plays well in week zero in big games.  Go back and check the history under Neumann.  Either way, they ain't losing by at least 21.  That ain't happenin.  Haven't seen you post in a while Majestyk, good to hear from you.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Brubaker

Heard today that Dionte Forney tore/strained an MCL in basketball and is out 6 weeks... could put a damper on the WOS game.  He's one of the weapons in the Nederland attack.  Man I thought you weren't supposed to get hurt playing basketball???

Nederland historically plays well in week zero in big games.  Go back and check the history under Neumann.  Either way, they ain't losing by at least 21.  That ain't happenin.  Haven't seen you post in a while Majestyk, good to hear from you.

Huh?!?  Nederland has gone an underwhelming 3-4 in opening games since 2002 including a 13-33 loss to WO-S in Week 0 in 2008

WO-S has played a bit better in Week 0 games over the same period going 6-1 with the only loss being by 2 points to #2 ranked and eventual State Finalist Jasper in 2004.  We also knocked off eventual local 4A district champ Dayton in Week 0 games in BOTH 2006 and 2007 (a team which Ned lost to 7-35 in '06 and 0-63 in '07).

Since the school opened WO-S is 26-5-1 in 32 opening games.  That's one more loss than Nederland has had in the past 7 years.

Again....  Good Luck!

Yo Penny, I go away but never leave.  But yeah, it will be at least 21 points, not taking anything from the 'Dogs because I believe they will have a good year, but they will be overmatched this year.  Another July prediction, everyone is looking forward to the Silsbee/WO-S matchup because the Tigers always play WO-S close and it will be played in Silsbee, newsflash, it won't be close.  Sorry if I made some enemies and people call me a fool, but that is the way it's gonna happen.

Guest Penny

Nederland historically plays well in week zero in big games.  Go back and check the history under Neumann.  Either way, they ain't losing by at least 21.  That ain't happenin.  Haven't seen you post in a while Majestyk, good to hear from you.

Huh?!?  Nederland has gone an underwhelming 3-4 in opening games since 2002 including a 13-33 loss to WO-S in Week 0 in 2008

WO-S has played a bit better in Week 0 games over the same period going 6-1 with the only loss being by 2 points to #2 ranked and eventual State Finalist Jasper in 2004.  We also knocked off eventual local 4A district champ Dayton in Week 0 games in BOTH 2006 and 2007 (a team which Ned lost to 7-35 in '06 and 0-63 in '07).

Since the school opened WO-S is 26-5-1 in 32 opening games.  That's one more loss than Nederland has had in the past 7 years.

Again....  Good Luck!

All that said, despite records, who the other teams played, how bad Nederland got beat by Dayton... and it was bad.  I'm just saying, Nederland typically plays well, sometimes it doesn't translate into wins.  Last year was atypical, WOS handed our business to us.  Thanks for the stats though.

Dayton took some lickins from Nederland also awhile back .I will go out on a limb and pick WOS but in a close game #1.The Dogs will be a good team and will contend for the dist.title,as we will see again how much talent  20-4A has as 4-5 teams knock one another week by week.

three things make a good kicker#1 a good snaper #2 good holder #3 a dry field if its wet that will make a a little harder dont you think

Yep. Just like a good quarterback is made by a good line, good receivers, a good offensive coordinator and good conditions. Next, a good running back is made by................

I don't make predictions, but you can also factor in the fact that the WOS JV last year beat Ned 34-7. And it was a pretty bad whipping.

I thought you were lost. I guess we will hear more from you now that football season is around the corner.  ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Man i am already getting pumped up for this season as it should be another good one. Not to disrespect Nederland but i believe WOS should win by 21 points this year as i believe the speed factor will make it tough to stop WOS. There are only a couple of unproven factors in WOS offense and that will be the running backs and the quarterback. However the quarterback does have some field time from last year and is considered by some as having very good potential. I do believe both front lines will be improved and will give WOS more success in the run game this year. As far as how many points Nederland will get will be determined by how many mistakes WOS makes. But as everyone knows "IT'S ANY GIVEN FRIDAY". Good luck to both teams and have an injury free game. Go Mustangs!

Man i am already getting pumped up for this season as it should be another good one. Not to disrespect Nederland but i believe WOS should win by 21 points this year as i believe the speed factor will make it tough to stop WOS. There are only a couple of unproven factors in WOS offense and that will be the running backs and the quarterback. However the quarterback does have some field time from last year and is considered by some as having very good potential. I do believe both front lines will be improved and will give WOS more success in the run game this year. As far as how many points Nederland will get will be determined by how many mistakes WOS makes. But as everyone knows "IT'S ANY GIVEN FRIDAY". Good luck to both teams and have an injury free game. Go Mustangs!

I see the respect in a 21 point prediction. All of your points will be from total domination, but any of our lowly scores will be from your mistakes. I guess you take this all from last year's game. Thanks for the respect dude.

I see the respect in a 21 point prediction. All of your points will be from total domination, but any of our lowly scores will be from your mistakes. I guess you take this all from last year's game. Thanks for the respect dude.

How much respect do you want, i shaved off half of the points wos usually averages because its nederland.  ;)

How much respect do you want, i shaved off half of the points wos usually averages because its nederland.  ;)

I don't require your respect. It's just that you contradicted yourself in the same sentence. Is it contagious? I even highlighted it for you.

Where were you on our three year (should have been four!) stretch?  ;)

Uh oh, here comes the record book geniuses and state title comparisons.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder