Silsbee's Johnson keeps getting the offers!!

Even though Silsbee blue chip QB Jeremy Johnson has verbally committed to West Virginia, he is still getting offers. Here is a list of the schools that have offered scholarships to Jeremy:

West Virginia, Michigan, Kentucky, Baylor, Houston, Arkansas, Iowa St., Missouri, TCU, Arizona, Vanderbilt, Southern Mississippi, Purdue, Illinois, Kansas St., Tulsa, SMU, Utah, Lamar, Sam Houston and ETBU for the quarterback position. Oklahoma, Texas, and Texas A&M for receiver/defensive back.

He turned down recruiting visits to LSU, Florida, UCLA, Oregon and Miami because of their current quarterback situation.

Jeremy is also being recruited by Kentucky and Texas for track.

Jeremy is currently rated the top prospect in the Southeast Texas area by Scout.com. He is rated the # 2 quarterback in the state, #9 in the nation and the #120 overall in the nation, regardless of position.

Rivals.com has him #9 rated Dual Threat QB in the nation, #2 in state. He is the only consensus 4 star recruit in the Southeast Texas area, by both recruiting services. Our area does not have a 5 star recruit like Michaels was last year.

Jeremy just came back from the Nike All American camp in Austin, a special invitation only camp. He did very well and it looks real good for Jeremy to get an invite to play in the All American game next year. I'll know something more later in the season. We're keeping our fingers crossed.

The other schools need to back up, well except UT

It will be interesting to see if JJ sticks with WV. I think he will but the Mountaineers also got a verbal from another top dual threat QB. One recruiting service has JJ rated higher but another has the other guy rated higher. I did read on a West Virginia sports site that the other QB recruit will probably be converted to another position.

speveto,watch what you say my friend. go back to last year ,the kid is GOOD and will get better i wish him the best. its to bad lamar  already has there starting QB in mind . i will be a big backer of larmar when that get going. jj will be the man for the tigers as he was last year

hmmmm according to all the national & local recruiting services Texas has not offered. not saying he isn't worthy but everything they have said is that they like him as a WR but they like the others they have committed better along with Darius White who is a longhorn lean and considered a top 10 player in 2010 and the top WR.

How does he feel about WV bringing in Barry Brunetti who is considered the top Dual Threat QB in 2010?

This is the hidden content, please

hmmmm according to all the national & local recruiting services Texas has not offered. not saying he isn't worthy but everything they have said is that they like him as a WR but they like the others they have committed better along with Darius White who is a longhorn lean and considered a top 10 player in 2010 and the top WR.

How does he feel about WV bringing in Barry Brunetti who is considered the top Dual Threat QB in 2010?

This is the hidden content, please

According to Rivals. Scout.com has Jeremy rated higher than Brunetti. Also, according to WV websites, Brunetti looks to be moving to a different position if he comes to WV.

My info about Texas offering came from the Johnson family, I'll take their word.

Rivals is the only recruiting service that has Brunetti rated higher. ::)

Everyone in the know said they didnt offer. The guys who are the insiders are pretty reliable and I have heard the opposite on the Burnetti situation.  

Plus the other recruiting services dont have the man power that rivals ha

Guest BKJ85

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?sport=1&pr_key=84627

Jeremy does not have to worry about UT or Barry Brunetti. All he needs to do is play hard, play smart, and have fun. Everything else will take care of itself.

Guest BKJ85

Everyone in the know said they didnt offer. The guys who are the insiders are pretty reliable and I have heard the opposite on the Burnetti situation.  

Plus the other recruiting services don't have the man power that rivals ha

Rivals don't even have Jeremy's Junior season stats or highlight video posted. They were sent all of this by several people. What you see on the site is from his sophomore season. The schools that are recruiting him all have both season videos that is the difference. Lastly, Pat White was rated a three star by rivals and he became a very successful college player. Miami Dolphines thought so. Rivals weigh more heavily on camp performances and that is where you get a kid who may not have had the Friday night success and still are ranked high on rivals.

Wait until they strap it on on Friday night. Then you will find out who is the real deal and who was all hype. That says it all. Forget rivals, scout and UT.     

Guest BKJ85

Everyone in the know said they didn't offer. The guys who are the insiders are pretty reliable and I have heard the opposite on the Burnetti situation.  

Plus the other recruiting services don't have the man power that rivals ha

You sound like you are mad at AAW for posting another article about Jeremy and you are trying to spoil a good story by splitting hairs about UT (did they or didn't they) offer him. So what! We do know he is good enough to play college football, and we do know other college's saw something that made them want to offer him.

Don't hate! Appreciate the fact that one more Southeast Texas player will be going to college to represent the great Southeast Texas.  

• 1 month later...
Guest bleed orange

Just my opinion but the Johnson kid will not play quarterback at the college level. He will play another position. WR, DB whatever, I do think he will be on the field somewhere. He is that talented. Actually I think his future is in track. Does it really matter what people think. Hey Jeremy, listen to me. Go to college get your degree and everything else will take care of itself. Let the kid be and enjoy his last year in high school. I promise you those are the best.

Just my opinion but the Johnson kid will not play quarterback at the college level. He will play another position. WR, DB whatever, I do think he will be on the field somewhere. He is that talented. Actually I think his future is in track. Does it really matter what people think. Hey Jeremy, listen to me. Go to college get your degree and everything else will take care of itself. Let the kid be and enjoy his last year in high school. I promise you those are the best.

All I know is, I have pretty close contact with the Johnson family and from what I know, many schools are offering him to play QB. West Virginia, who he has verbally commited to, wants him as their future QB, no other position. Michigan, Baylor and several others are recruiting him as a quarterback. There are schools that are recruiting him as an athlete but he is not considering them.

Bleed, who knows, in the end you may be right. But I know that Jeremy wants to play QB and his desire and interest is to play quaterback at the next level and he is working towards that goal.

I believe that a nationally ranked top 10 QB by most the recruiting services will end up playing quaterback at the next level.

All I know is, I have pretty close contact with the Johnson family and from what I know, many schools are offering him to play QB. West Virginia, who he has verbally commited to, wants him as their future QB, no other position. Michigan, Baylor and several others are recruiting him as a quarterback. There are schools that are recruiting him as an athlete but he is not considering them.

Bleed, who knows, in the end you may be right. But I know that Jeremy wants to play QB and his desire and interest is to play quaterback at the next level and he is working towards that goal.

I believe that a nationally ranked top 10 QB by most the recruiting services will end up playing quaterback at the next level.

he's a lock for the starting job in 2010. I said it and I meant it.

Guest bleed orange

All I know is, I have pretty close contact with the Johson family and from what I know, many schools are offering him to play QB. West Virginia, who he has verbally commited to, wants him as their future QB, no other position. Michigan, Baylor and several others are recruiting him as a quarterback. There are schools that are recruiting him as an athlete but he is not considering them.

Aggie, it does not matter to me where he plays. If is quarterback then awesome. If it is WR then awesome. College education is what I am talking about. So whatever position they want him to play in order for Jeremy to get that. That is what I am talking about. Example: 2 years ago a kid from BC had a full ride from the Aggie's and you know who I am talking about. He chose to go to a JC and improve his draft position (Baseball). A degree from Texas ATM is worth its weight in gold. Everyone hammered me because I thought he should go to ATM. Well now he has no degree and a family but he his playing in the minor league. Yes he is living his dream. but if he does not make it, he has nothing except a high school diploma. Am I wrong for thinking the way I do?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder