Silsbee's Johnson keeps getting the offers!!

Guest bleed orange

Just my opinion but the Johnson kid will not play quarterback at the college level. He will play another position. WR, DB whatever, I do think he will be on the field somewhere. He is that talented. Actually I think his future is in track. Does it really matter what people think. Hey Jeremy, listen to me. Go to college get your degree and everything else will take care of itself. Let the kid be and enjoy his last year in high school. I promise you those are the best.

All I know is, I have pretty close contact with the Johnson family and from what I know, many schools are offering him to play QB. West Virginia, who he has verbally commited to, wants him as their future QB, no other position. Michigan, Baylor and several others are recruiting him as a quarterback. There are schools that are recruiting him as an athlete but he is not considering them.

Bleed, who knows, in the end you may be right. But I know that Jeremy wants to play QB and his desire and interest is to play quaterback at the next level and he is working towards that goal.

I believe that a nationally ranked top 10 QB by most the recruiting services will end up playing quaterback at the next level.

he's a lock for the starting job in 2010. I said it and I meant it.

Scooter, I hope you are right for the young man in question. But let me tell you a story. My youngest brother played quarterback for LaMargue in the late 80's. His Junior year he threw for 3,000 yards and 30 TD. Went to Oklahoma State and never played because of a quarterback named Gundy. Nothing is a "LOCK" my friend but a college education is forever.

Just my opinion but the Johnson kid will not play quarterback at the college level. He will play another position. WR, DB whatever, I do think he will be on the field somewhere. He is that talented. Actually I think his future is in track. Does it really matter what people think. Hey Jeremy, listen to me. Go to college get your degree and everything else will take care of itself. Let the kid be and enjoy his last year in high school. I promise you those are the best.

All I know is, I have pretty close contact with the Johson family and from what I know, many schools are offering him to play QB. West Virginia, who he has verbally commited to, wants him as their future QB, no other position. Michigan, Baylor and several others are recruiting him as a quarterback. There are schools that are recruiting him as an athlete but he is not considering them.

Bleed, who knows, in the end you may be right. But I know that Jeremy wants to play QB and his desire and interest is to play quaterback at the next level and he is working towards that goal.

I believe that a nationally ranked top 10 QB by most the recruiting services will end up playing quaterback at the next level.

Aggie, it does not matter to me where he plays. If is quarterback then awesome. If it is WR then awesome. College education is what I am talking about. So whatever position they want him to play in order for Jeremy to get that. That is what I am talking about. Example: 2 years ago a kid from BC had a full ride from the Aggie's and you know who I am talking about. He chose to go to a JC and improve his draft position (Baseball). A degree from Texas ATM is worth its weight in gold. Everyone hammered me because I thought he should go to ATM. Well now he has no degree and a family but he his playing in the minor league. Yes he is living his dream. but if he does not make it, he has nothing except a high school diploma. Am I wrong for thinking the way I do?

If the young man doesn't make it, his last year of college is paid then he will walk out with his engineering degree, not just an high school diploma.

All I know is, I have pretty close contact with the Johnson family and from what I know, many schools are offering him to play QB. West Virginia, who he has verbally commited to, wants him as their future QB, no other position. Michigan, Baylor and several others are recruiting him as a quarterback. There are schools that are recruiting him as an athlete but he is not considering them.

he's a lock for the starting job in 2010. I said it and I meant it.

Scooter, I hope you are right for the young man in question. But let me tell you a story. My youngest brother played quarterback for LaMargue in the late 80's. His Junior year he threw for 3,000 yards and 30 TD. Went to Oklahoma State and never played because of a quarterback named Gundy. Nothing is a "LOCK" my friend but a college education is forever.

The QB thats there now is a senior I do believe, so it will be wide open for him barring injury. I do agree about the education part.

Bleed, I understand your point, trust me. I am with you about whatever it takes to get that college education. Jeremy understands that too. He will play college football, most likely at quarterback, but he is a smart enough person to know that he would play other positions to get that education if there were no QB offers.

The good thing here, he has over 15 offers to play quarterback at the next level. So he gets the best of both worlds.

"Aggie, it does not matter to me where he plays. If is quarterback then awesome. If it is WR then awesome. College education is what I am talking about. So whatever position they want him to play in order for Jeremy to get that. That is what I am talking about. Example: 2 years ago a kid from BC had a full ride from the Aggie's and you know who I am talking about. He chose to go to a JC and improve his draft position (Baseball). A degree from Texas ATM is worth its weight in gold. Everyone hammered me because I thought he should go to ATM. Well now he has no degree and a family but he his playing in the minor league. Yes he is living his dream. but if he does not make it, he has nothing except a high school diploma. Am I wrong for thinking the way I do?"

Bleed, just to correct a few things.  BC kid was never given a full ride to a&m., only 50 percent.  Nobody gets full rides in Div I baseball.  He was given a full ride to San Jacinto.  He chose San Jac to do better in the draft.  He also was an Honor Graduate in High School.  He goes to San Jac for two years and gets 30 hours of college credit each year. After two years he transfers to Lamar University.  Doesn't have a good season.  

At one point the kid decides to QUIT and focus only on his grades.  He goes and talks to Sam Moore his old trainer and within one week he is back.  He pitches in ONE game at the end of the season at Lamar and has an outstanding outing.  In the stands was the Phillies scout that had been watching him since he was a junior in high school.  He was drafted 2 weeks later after the worst pitching year of his life.  Thank God he didn't QUIT but instead pitched the game that he thought would be his last..  He finishes Lamar with 30 more college hours.

The Phillies gave him a nice package to sign. NOT millions but enough to have a nice start in life if he doesn't make it.  They also gave him his last year of college. Whenever he is finished with the Phillies, no matter when, that last year of College is paid by the Phillies.  He is living his dream with money in the bank and 90 hours of college in the bank.

Guest bleed orange

"Aggie, it does not matter to me where he plays. If is quarterback then awesome. If it is WR then awesome. College education is what I am talking about. So whatever position they want him to play in order for Jeremy to get that. That is what I am talking about. Example: 2 years ago a kid from BC had a full ride from the Aggie's and you know who I am talking about. He chose to go to a JC and improve his draft position (Baseball). A degree from Texas ATM is worth its weight in gold. Everyone hammered me because I thought he should go to ATM. Well now he has no degree and a family but he his playing in the minor league. Yes he is living his dream. but if he does not make it, he has nothing except a high school diploma. Am I wrong for thinking the way I do?"

Bleed, just to correct a few things.  BC kid was never given a full ride to a&m., only 50 percent.  Nobody gets full rides in Div I baseball.  He was given a full ride to San Jacinto.  He chose San Jac to do better in the draft.  He also was an Honor Graduate in High School.  He goes to San Jac for two years and gets 30 hours of college credit each year. After two years he transfers to Lamar University.  Doesn't have a good season.  

At one point the kid decides to QUIT and focus only on his grades.  He goes and talks to Sam Moore his old trainer and within one week he is back.  He pitches in ONE game at the end of the season at Lamar and has an outstanding outing.  In the stands was the Phillies scout that had been watching him since he was a junior in high school.  He was drafted 2 weeks later after the worst pitching year of his life.  Thank God he didn't QUIT but instead pitched the game that he thought would be his last..  He finishes Lamar with 30 more college hours.

The Phillies gave him a nice package to sign. NOT millions but enough to have a nice start in life if he doesn't make it.  They also gave him his last year of college. Whenever he is finished with the Phillies, no matter when, that last year of College is paid by the Phillies.  He is living his dream with money in the bank and 90 hours of college in the bank.

I was not blasting the kid at all and I hope everything works out for him. Everything does not always work out. I just think that degree on his wall from ATM would look good. If he sticks to the plan then everything will be OK. Sometime plans do not always go as planned. I hope there is a happy ending for this kid. I know this kid and his family. They are good people and I only wish him the best. I have always preached to kids, to get a degree. That will never stop.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Funny how “MAGA” is considered a bad thing…. The MAGA crowd….etc…. Whoever doesn’t want to make America Great should leave. 
    • That's an interesting take, but considering that an incumbent enjoys a HUGE advantage historically, I think Covey came pretty close to an upset. I don't care one way or the other - the biggest reason being that I live in Hardin County. But I have to think the Trump endorsement got Covey that close in the first place. His only recognition was on a very local level, virtually unheard of before the Trump endorsement. Otherwise, he probably would've lost by thousands of votes instead of a few hundred. Just my observation.
    • I think the interesting point is this… Trump backed candidates do better when Trump is on the ballot. Back in March Covey was up by 3%, and that skirt from Jasper pulled about 10%… and most people believed that her voters would go directly to Covey. Conventional wisdom was that Covey would be up by 10-12 points if all things went according to the pattern from March. That just didn’t happen. Typically turnout is lower in runoffs than in the primaries, and my guess is that Phelan had fewer votes this time around than last, but covey had WAY fewer votes. A friend of mine has been watching a similar runoff in central texas, and the results were similar. The MAGA guy just didn’t turn out the votes this May.    My opinion is that a large portion of the support these Trump guys are just that…. Trump supporters. They’ll vote down ticket according to MAGA directives when Trump is on the ballot, but when they can’t vote Trump, they just don’t show up at all. 
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
    • Then you should have known lots of people said the exact same thing when the alcoholic Democrat Ann Richards was elected way way back in the day. Texas has become redder and redder ever since. People, especially blacks, are waking up and realizing the Marxist Democrats are destroying them. Feel free to hold your breath waiting on your dream to happen though. That would be fun to watch, LOL.  
  • Topics